Reviews for Fate:Spiral Time
MiniTeddyBear chapter 24 . 2/4
Amazing piece of work...
AppleberryCookie chapter 6 . 9/30/2015
With Gae Bolg, I'm pretty sure Shirou's reality marble makes an *imperfect* version, so it doesn't have the exact functionality of the original but a slightly watered down version.

I'm not absolutely sure what that entails, and I'm not entirely certain on my sources either, so decide what you want c:
redemyr chapter 3 . 5/3/2015
Hey, excellent fanfic so far!

Very well written, it shows that you put time into making stuff seem logical...

My only gripe which is not an error of the story per is that as a ShirouxRin fan I was disappointed that even after working together for so long they didn't become a "thing". Rin being a little ambiguous as to that their relationship was... supposedly theirs was a high school something that faded, but apparently Saber's even shorter thing was still up... oh well, it's a Fate continuation anyway and I like saber too, even if she's not really saber... Enough rambling...

Great story, thank you for writing it and I look forward to the rest!
Guest chapter 24 . 3/2/2015
Yay! The Tiger of Fuyuki made an appearance!

I like this, I like this very much. I hated the Tracer Arts you made though, but I can reasonably accept it as a possible deviation of Shirou's development.

I will never be able to see this as Canon Shirou, but it doesn't mean he isn't possible, just highly unlikely I guess.

Still liking them though. And the feels, man, the feels!
SaltOfTheWorld chapter 24 . 12/12/2014
Easily one of the best stories I've read on this site. And I've read a lot of stories. While some things clearly wouldn't actually work in the nasuverse, the characters are well written, their development is each unique and beautiful. Plus I'm a sucker for happy endings. I wish there were more stories like this that put so much thought into their characters, their personalities, how they react, their faults, how they deal with their own problems.
Kuma Dzurui chapter 24 . 7/18/2014
One of the best stories i have ever read and ever will read. You have my admiration as a writer and my respect. Live long and prosper.
Phlogiston Man chapter 4 . 10/16/2013
You keep saying SS and I'm not sure what you mean. Are you talking about the SAS or the SIS? The Security Service has those initials, but it gets shortened to MI5(since it's Military Intelligence, Section 5), not SS. I'm just saying, when someone says "the SS" most people think of a certain German organization.
polarpwnage chapter 4 . 8/28/2013
Ugh while I enjoy this fanfic, it feels more like an original novel superimposed with Fate's character names, only a few personalities remained the same and Shirou's cooking is worse than Sakura's?! Where's the Mage Association's Enforcers? Arthurian would never have lasted a month in the military exposing Magecraft without getting a sealing designation on her ass and executed. I guess the only way to read this is to just pretend it's an original by itself with no association with Fate at all.
X the Reaper chapter 24 . 8/9/2013
This...was beyond almost anything I have ever read. This story is not beautiful. Because beautiful cannot properly express what this story is. I loved it. I wish you luck in all of your endeavors and I hope that you find even more success in writing. Thank you for writing this story.
Ryuzaki Drake chapter 24 . 1/14/2013
Very, very satisfying read
Thank you for the time you put into this

Drake
Madgamer2k7 chapter 24 . 1/5/2013
I can't imagine why this story isn't more popular. It's rare to read such a story so filled with detail and careful thought. This has the best and most in depth character development of all the fanfics I can remember reading. Kudos to you for such a wonderful story. I hope to read more stories like this one.
noah00000 chapter 24 . 12/23/2012
This is one of the best stories I have ever read. Thank you for taking the time to write this.
changhyon92 chapter 11 . 8/19/2012
Good chapter, just pointing this out to you, you see Shirou has an easier time creating bladed weaponry because of his element: Swords! yes goodness to gracious Swords. If you ever played the game, you would have been privileged with that bit of info. Also, his Origin is swords. If you want to know what an origin is, go to Type-Moon wiki search magecraft in the contents folder select origin and read on
Datenshi Aoi chapter 24 . 7/31/2012
Ok, I just discovered this fic and tore through it in two sittings, and I have to say it's wonderfully written. Some minor grammatical errors and typos but not enough to detract from the story. I am incredibly happy I found this fic after you finished it, else I would be going crazy waiting for updates.

Now, for the "criticism" part of "constructive criticism," the things that niggled at me. Most of them are easily corrected or even overlooked if we assume this story takes place in a different world than canon, but still...

1 - Your earlier chapters spell Emiya's father's name as KiritsuGA, which you corrected in later chapters.

2 - Rin using a laptop is possible given the 5 years between F/S and this fic, but it's not as obvious a jump as you made it seem, since she (I believe) had trouble using a VCR as a teenager.

3 - You really need to spell out what SS stands for, because every time I read it, I think of Nazi Germany.

4 - Something rubs the wrong way about how public the SS seems to be. Magi seem to be very protective about the existence of magic, and pull out all the stops in eliminating those who would expose the existence of magic to the public. This continues to be sticking point throughout your fic when people just keep revealing/teaching magic willy-nilly. It works out because the people they deal with are also Magi, (with the exception of Hercules) but it just seems everyone is being way too casual with their secrets. ("Oh, I participated in a secret war for the Holy Grain that summoned King Arthur, and even though this is the first time you've heard about it, you should accept it without question.")

5 - In one of your earlier chapters, you have Arturia comment that Japan has more magic practitioners than England. This is exactly wrong in the Nasu-verse. The Mage's Association is very much a European organization with three branches, one of which is headquartered in Britain. I would even go so far as to claim (though I am not certain) that many members of the Clock Tower look down on Japanese magi as backward undeveloped apes, not unlike the SS-traitor you have towards the end.

6 - In one of your earlier chapters, you have someone mention that they think that Kiritsugu and Iriesviel did not know what they were getting into for the 4th War, but in fact they knew very well what they were entering, the only difference being that the prize was already ruined.

7 - I assume the reason you write "G-d" is to avoid blaspheming, but seeing as how with the possible exception of Arturia, the characters are not of the Judeo-Christian faith, wouldn't who they mention be an entirely different entity?

8 - Even though you acknowledge that the Einzbern can make more homunculi, you also keep talking about Illya as though she were the only homunculus. There were at least two others, Leysritte and Sella.

9 - Your use of the term "Tohsakan" as though Tohsaka was a state or nation and Tohsakan's are its residents. Are there "Smithans" and "Goldsonans"? It's "he is a Tohsaka" just like "he is a Smith."

10 - My understanding of Reality Marbles is that it is both innate and a magecraft. The innate part is that the caster has to have such a completely twisted world-view (and Shirou does), that most people who intentionally try to create Reality Marbles go insane.

11 - What the heck is Tracer's Metal and why is it so wonderful? Shirou may be able to modify his Projections, but he has never created anything completely original and he's never surpassed an original item. The reason Projection is a largely ignored magecraft is because the things it creates are inferior to real items. So where did this Tracer's Metal (which must have been created by Shirou, as he invented Tracing) come from?

12 - Shiro can create things other than swords, but at a much greater cost to himself, since his origin is Sword. Something like a completely original armor would be both expensive and brittle.

13 - White is not the wonderful color you view it as, particularly to Japanese people. It is the color of death, and is why they wrap their dearly departed in it.

14 - It's spelled "TadaIma" not "TadaEma." I'm not even sure why you decided to use it, since there is a very clear-cut English equivalent for it: "I'm home."

15 - I'm surprised at how fast Arturia was able to resign from the SS, if it's a government agency that handles covert affairs (like hunting magical beasts). One of their agents suddenly leaving the country permanently would raise all kinds of red flags and investigations.
pharaoh-90 chapter 24 . 6/22/2012
damn...just...damn.

im actually quite sad to see this end. its very well written. probably one of the best written stories on this site. just adding it to my favorites list doesnt seem good enough...this story deserves something much better than that.