Reviews for Scared Straight
Georgi1961 chapter 1 . 1/20/2009
You know, I have to admit to not even giving these kids a second thought (well, maybe an quick glance about a bunch of parents sueing the Judge...but that's as far as it went). This was very in character, and I too thought it was precious when Mark counted the heads to make sure everybody was safely accounted for.

I also really liked the part where the Judge and Mark can speak by looks alone (...glancing back worriedly as McCormick approached with Tyrone in tow. He caught Mark’s eye, visually relieved to see his friend alive and in one piece. Mark frowned and shook his head, not needing to explain.) These guys don't even need to talk.

Thanks for filling in a missing scene, and reminding me there were more than 2 characters in that episode!
Jaz22 chapter 1 . 1/19/2009
Nice choice for a missing scene! This episode is on my top ten list, and there are plenty of holes to be filled. Seeing Mark go into Mother Hen mode was very keeping in character, as he allowed his own experiences to create a depth of understanding for Tyrone's fears without allowing what could be natural impatience to slip in.

A great addition to the truth challenge!
L.M.Lewis chapter 1 . 1/18/2009
This one does a very nice call back to that moment of stage business in the canon where Mark scans the bunch and does a silent head count as they're being herded through the cell block-and that after appearing, up to that point, to loath his little flock of miscreants.

This is that McCormick. He's quietly concerned but able (in a flash)to flip the switch on how he behaves toward both the kids and the cons.
owlcroft chapter 1 . 1/18/2009
There's no question that this fulfills the requirements of the "truth" challenge, and is a whacking good story, to boot! Lots of good dialogue, great descriptions, and a real nice follow-up for one of the memorable characters from that episode.

I'm glad you're writing more and am already looking forward to another. Soon, I hope!
JeanneZ84 chapter 1 . 1/18/2009
A very caring and Milt trying to go all out to try and support these young kids so that they dont start heading in the wrong direction with the wrong and bad side of the law.

Milt and Mark will truly do everything to support these kids so they never start making bad mistakes or bad choices.

This was such a great story.

This was very rewarding to read.

JeanneZ84