Reviews for Mark of the Leaf
Able02 chapter 1 . 3/20/2010
i like it so far but it's so long and i don't say that often.(If you saw me seme you saw my seme dwn there you'd know why_)but i still like it.(the story and that XP)
Jonohex chapter 1 . 4/16/2009
Wow, definitely a labor of love. I have to give you credit for the amount of work alone that went into this story.

What I liked most was your use of language, vocabulary especially and tone that really helped to create the idea of an AU. That's what really made the story for me. Though I thought you overdid it at times when you could have moved the story along faster or saved the really detailed and florid descriptions for when you're setting things up or for when something crucial is happening, you were painstakingly consistant with it.

Story wise, I would have liked the characters to 'sound' more different from one another. **SPOILER REVIEW** I was surprised too by the happy ending with Shikamaru. I was so sure you'd end with his death and a 'cycle of life' kind of theme. That's ok with me; I like to be surprised.

As a pure fanfiction thing, posting this story over time in a series of shorter chapters would have invited more readers and responses.
top chapter 1 . 2/3/2009
This is quite possibly one of the best AU I have ever read. Everyone seems to fit their new roles which is rare for these types of stories. I was surprised that you were able to work in so many of the main male cast. I think the only one who wasn't there was Naruto and I don't think he would've fit in anywhere.

Your descriptions were beautiful and at times sounded like poetry. However, I do believe you're a little excessive at some points and it was a little difficult to understand how much Udon remembered at some points.

The part that stood out to me was the flashbacks. They were quite vivid. I think it was a good idea that you didn't explain how Shikamaru thought he could solve the problem. Clearly he has the mental ability and it would've been superfluous to explain. Excellent job!
Small Fox chapter 1 . 1/25/2009
It sounds good but it's too long to read in one sitting. If you broke it down into several chapters it might be easier to read.