Reviews for Running Late
twinchaosblade chapter 1 . 1/29/2009
Oi, oi, shoplifting Dean getting caught by the owner. But I was definitely flabbergasted at Dean pulling the gun on the guy. I know the kid had always priorities when it came to caring for his little brother, including getting food on the table but I think that kind of coldness, even if born out of necessity, really isn't like Dean. Sorry.
Twinchy chapter 1 . 1/21/2009
Argh, that freaked even me out. I'm sure Dean would have gone to desperate measures taking care of Sammy but I still believe he wouldn't have held the man at gun-point for retrieving his stuff. He'd rather tried at the next shop over IMHO.

Very well written though, tense and featuring a truly surprizing ending.
1983Sarah chapter 1 . 1/20/2009
Oh, bad a$$ Dean, even as a kid. Great job!
Vampyvii chapter 1 . 1/19/2009
Strong little drabble - Poor Dean grew up too fast- Well done!
SciFiRN chapter 1 . 1/19/2009
Lovely. Protective 10 yr old Dean rocks. I love him pulling the gun from his pants. Perfect.
PlatinumRoseLady chapter 1 . 1/19/2009
Wow, that was... so very sad.
NC Girl chapter 1 . 1/19/2009
Really well written.

And what a comical (in that dark-comedy sense of the word) image this stirs up! I can just see a 10-year old kid leveling hard-core weaponry at a baffled store owner. It almost reads like a scene from a comic book of a young super-hero. (please take that as a compliment to your creativity. It's refreshing.) Nice job.
DeansBabyBird chapter 1 . 1/19/2009
Gee, that's one scary little dude! DBB x
PADavis chapter 1 . 1/19/2009
Yow - nice and angsty. Thanks!

deangirl1 chapter 1 . 1/19/2009
I can so see Dean doing this... poor kid! Nice use of the prompt!
jasper03 chapter 1 . 1/18/2009
When I started reading this I just knew you were writing about a little Dean and I was like "aww cutie pie" the I read to the part where the storekeeper sneered at poor 10 year old Dean and I was like "grr mad face" I got to the part where Dean pulls out his semi-automatic pistol and I was like "Ohh don't do it" but then he told that storekeeper what for and where to and I was like "aww little darling" :):)

He'll take care of his Sammy no matter what. I didn't doubt for a second that Dean would most certainly teach the storekeeper a lesson if he got between him and doing his job.

sammygirl1963 chapter 1 . 1/18/2009
Dean will take care of his little brother in any way he can!
sweetysmart0505 chapter 1 . 1/18/2009
I could completely imagine Dean saying and doing that for his little brother. He probably wouldn't hesitate! Great job.
Enkidu07 chapter 1 . 1/18/2009
Holy cow that wasn't where i expected that to go. he even scared me a little. Poor dean growing up way too fast! Powerful.