Reviews for Retrograde
Death101- Fox Version chapter 10 . 6/1/2011
I would love to see more and hopefully in a form that doesn't mess with my head so much. But it's cool to see such an awesome idea actually get finished. Most times things like this just die so I'm glad that you went through with it. If you make anymore with these characters, plot, or unique idea of style, let me know!

Death101- Fox Version chapter 9 . 6/1/2011
FF never told me you updated so I'm glad I decided to hunt through my reviews. Anyways, awesome job! Sometimes the only way to figure things out is to lay them out.

iwasnthere622 chapter 10 . 5/25/2011
That was confusing but also awesome. I love that it makes certain amounts of sense read both forwards and backwards.

You are a freaky genius to do this :D
Eriyu chapter 10 . 5/24/2011
Yayyyy, fanfic complete~! Er, not that I want it to be over, but you know. I totally think you should do it again, though. :)

Anyway, awesome job.

Am confused about one thing. Does Koenma KNOW Kyri or not? The garden comment seems to imply a yes, but he has to confirm her name...?
Eriyu chapter 9 . 5/23/2011
Okay, you know YYH better than me, but is "serial demon" a real term? 'Cause I'd think that if you're a demon, it's usually a constant sort of thing.

But ooh, one chapter left! Things are coming together... Not much else to say, I guess, except so exciting. 3
Eriyu chapter 8 . 5/23/2011
It is SUCH a weird feeling reading this fic, but I love it. And somehow coming to the ending (beginning?) feels so much more tense and dramatic than normal. w Which is weird, because ypou'd think it'd be the other way around. I mean, it's just the beginning. :P

And aww, Maemi! I like her. Even though I have no idea what happened. I think this chapter is my favorite, and not just because I am starting to understand things a little. The conversation actually makes sense to me! :D

Also, for some reason, I read "Kuwabara was getting twice as many humans to safety as possible." I was like, "Wow, that's pretty impressive." XD
Death101- Fox Version chapter 8 . 5/23/2011
Well her friend took that really well but I wonder what he did to get himself arrested. Anyways, awesome job! Please update soon! and thanks for updating twice in one day!

Death101- Fox Version chapter 7 . 5/23/2011
Wow. Only three left? And nicely done. So we sorta know why she was in the area and what's going on. Awesome job! And thanks for updating. No joke but I was thinking about this story last week... or was it this week... Weekends always mess me up. Anyways, please update soon!

Death101- Fox Version chapter 6 . 1/24/2010
Well at least it is something. Nicely done though. Please write more soon!

Death101- Fox Version chapter 5 . 8/30/2009
Really? Not many left? Okay. Well I'm still slightly confused by the backwards thing but nicely done! Please update soon!

Giant Sloth Monster chapter 1 . 8/29/2009
Ohh you HAVE to keep writing! This is awesome. I kinda wish more people would write "backwards" stories...but that would make the idea slightly uncool, wouldn't it? ;)

Anyways...keep this up! :D
Eriyu chapter 5 . 8/29/2009
Finish it! Finish it? Finish it!

Sheesh, I can't get over what a fun idea this is, and you're really great at it... It's so weird how everything just makes a bit more sense after each chapter. XD (I wonder what if you tried to read a real book in backwards chapter order? Sounds interesting...)

It's tough to come up with specific comments for this one, though! ;;
melodyfireprincess chapter 1 . 3/3/2009
Nit-pickiness follows: But just know, I warned you.

-"He was really gone. Nothing would bring him back. We knew that. We didn’t want to admit it."

"We just didn't want to admit it," or "But we didn't want to admit it." Just an extra word, I know, but it adds a little bit more.

-"Maemi was the worst. She was a complete mess, practically having to use Rayza as her life support. All of us knew that if Rayza let go of the girl, she’d tumble down the stairs and crash into a crying, sobbing mess at the bottom of them."

When I think of life support I think of a machine in a hospital that someone's connected to with wires. You don't have to put "life support." Just "support" is probably fine.

Unless that was your intention.

-"For once… none of that was happening.

Go figure. A tiny sliver of light in the darkness that had fallen over us in the past week."

IMO, "Go figure" should be right after "none of that was happening." So it would be like this:

For once, none of that was happening. Go figure.

How's that?
melodyfireprincess chapter 2 . 3/3/2009
I thought that the narrator and Jez were brother and sister, but re-reading it once you know they're not, it makes sense. But you might want to name the brother so it's not confusing.

For a first time experiment, you're doing really well. It's very interesting, and you've kept a lot of people's interest, including mine.

There were a few nit-picky things about chapter one... placement of words and such. I'll get to that now.
Eriyu chapter 4 . 2/24/2009
It is working! I'm starting to get a hang for what's going on! And it is very interesting. I wonder how you'll explain the "end" before it happens... or something.