Reviews for The Other Son
jkbat chapter 12 . 2/4
*Whistles* Excellent villains here. Truly excellent villains.
Guest chapter 12 . 5/30/2013
PLEASE UPDAAAAATEEEE!

Phew, sorry. Please update this is very well written and is a good piece, with all the works. Good job.

Dragon
nequam-tenshi chapter 12 . 2/25/2012
Foreshadowing a queen... does this mean one of Matt's female friends is alive, but faked her death? I wonder what the sequal will be like...
mike chapter 1 . 9/14/2011
Batman Beyond meets Welcome To The NHK. I didn't peg Matt to become a hiki, but interesting premise none the less.
Little Karma chapter 12 . 7/30/2011
i love it. will there be a sequel? also, i love the cafe, back where i wen to highschool there was a coffee shop called the Pour House, i loved to go there after school. sadly they had to close down my senior year because a Starbucks opened down the street, and took all the normal business.

Nice story, i love the alice in wonderland idea. i generally am starting to love all things with Matt, and you are helping that love grow.
angelrider13 chapter 12 . 5/9/2011
Sooooo...sequel?
Guardian Writer chapter 12 . 5/1/2011
At first glance, I thought this was leading up to a sequel. On second glance, I realized that you really took the story to the level of the professionals. This is exactly how most of the Batman Beyond episodes ended.

All and all, it was a wonderful read and I'll be thinking about this one for years. Thank you so much for sharing this awesome story with us.
Guardian Writer chapter 11 . 5/1/2011
I'm glad Matt's life is back in order. You did a wonderful job with character development and I will definitely be looking at your other works if it's for fandom I read.
Guardian Writer chapter 10 . 5/1/2011
Wow! There really isn't any other way to say it. Wow.

I always thought Terry was becoming as smart as Bruce, but your Matt has him beat by a long shot.

I love how Matt has snapped out of his fear and is running the show. Even though the part where he acted as the Red King was kind of scary, it was awesome!
Guardian Writer chapter 9 . 5/1/2011
And again, Poor Matt. To have shut out everything that happened. Makes me wonder why no one ever figured out what had happened. If other people called the cops, clearly there were witnesses! Arg!

I must now ask if you are a writer for DCAU because this fits so well with the canon and all the original part fit so well into the canon that I am in awe.
Guardian Writer chapter 8 . 5/1/2011
It's cool that Matt has one friend from the good old days. I'm looking forward to more of Neil.

The Carroll Gang is freaky and intriguing! You are really good at creating characters that fit the Batman motif.
Guardian Writer chapter 7 . 5/1/2011
Poor Matt, feeling so unloved. He needs a hug! Seriously!

Great job with the Caroll Gang, they seem like real Batman villians, but I wonder who's behind it all. Sounds like a great mystery! I can't wait to see what's next.
Guardian Writer chapter 6 . 5/1/2011
Superman! This is getting good!

Hmm...replacement for Bruce Wayne sounds a little cold. Matt will just have to show them he's not the same as Bruce Wayne ;)

And Terry!

I'm so glad I found this fic after you finished it or I may have died from suspense.
Guardian Writer chapter 5 . 5/1/2011
Oooh! I smell foreshadowing with Matt's friends. I can't wait!

Well, it looks like I didn't have to mention Matt seeming too comfortable in my last review since you already seem to have planned for that.

Mr. S seems pretty cool, and of course Tim is wonderful as always. It's good to see he's okay after the events of ROTJ.
Guardian Writer chapter 4 . 5/1/2011
Good to know Matt is not completely antisocial and that he got a good enough rep to become CEO.

I love Max! She's definitely my favorite character in Batman Beyond. Somehow I can totally picture her and Matt complaining about Terry not letting them help him. Hahaha!

I don't mean to sound...well, mean or snobbish, but it didn't really feel like Matt was having all that much trouble. Bruce said he had acute social withdrawal, but it almost feels like he's not affected by it anymore. You did have him talk to Max about it, but it feels a little random since he hasn't mentioned it in this chapter until that point. I'm not saying to splash it all over the place, but since he never went out during the day in Bludhaven, I would have expected him to still feel uneasy going outside even if Wayne Manor is no longer a safe spot for him.

Anyway, I'm not telling you to change it since you've already finished this fic, but it's something to think about for future fics.