Reviews for Winter Day
Book girl fan chapter 1 . 11/11/2012
That was exactly what Holmes would want on his gravestone. A declaration of his unique career.
Pompey chapter 1 . 1/22/2009
Sigh. Winter is the most appropriate time, mood-wise, for sadness. But sometimes that just makes grief even harder to bear.

Poor Watson.
reginavictoria chapter 1 . 1/20/2009
Oh my... it was so deeply beautiful I don't know what to say.

The emotion is so real... you have a good way of communicating it.

The verse for Mary Watson was absolutely perfect and is also one of my favorites.
QuickenMyEnd chapter 1 . 1/20/2009
very moving!
Revriley chapter 1 . 1/19/2009
You write beautifully...I'm so sorry about your brother. Now I'm reminded of my γιαγια/grandmother, and my great-grandmother, both who are now dead. I never got to see their funerals, or graves. But my grandfather showed me the box, in which my great-grandmother's ashes lay now.
Chewing Gum chapter 1 . 1/19/2009
So sad... But also so beautiful... And I'm very sorry for the loss of your brother as well.
Westron Wynde chapter 1 . 1/19/2009
Very moving. The mood of the piece struck me especially - very quiet, bittersweet with a great sense of peace. The quotation was an excellent choice.

Sorry to hear about your brother. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
KCS chapter 1 . 1/19/2009
:( Very sad, but I like how it ended on an upward note. The line about it being a long way back to Kensington for some reason hit me especially hard. And the verse for Mary was indeed perfect for the good lady.

I'm very sorry about your brother; my thoughts and prayers are with you.
pebbles66 chapter 1 . 1/19/2009
Very sad, but also very well done. I could just feel Watson's complete devastation...
Tristan-the-Dreamer chapter 1 . 1/18/2009
I am sorry to hear about your brother. That is hard to bear, I am certain.

To be frank, the story was a little wordy at times, but as a whole it had vivid and unusual imagery ("blown by a master artist...") and a surprising plot twist that touched me very much.

I am not quite sure how to explain this, but when you spoke of the single drop of water falling from the tree to dimple the snow, that was a very powerful way of showing grief, to me it was a tear. I squeaked in surprise and gave a start! Very sophisticated in my opinion.

You painted a sad mood very well without blatantly stating it was supposed to be sad.

Well done!