Reviews for Persecution
SuperVikinggirl chapter 1 . 12/4/2014
Really well done! I think you just nailed Dean and Sam in this one, I could really 'see' them having this argument! I really, really loved the dialogue!
themis.ceres chapter 1 . 5/9/2012
I really enjoyed this fic, the first couple I tried to read after I watched this episode had Sam kinda railing against Dean and turning his back on him which I totally didn't understand so really, thank you for writing this! I really felt like it was much truer to the characters and I love the way you captured the desire to help and didn't focus on the pity. Awesome job! :)
Thriving Willow chapter 1 . 4/8/2010
Only Winchesters can scream and yell, punch and cus and drive away five minutes later all smiles. This was so wonderfully accurate—in my utmost professional opinion—to how I think Sam wanted to deal with Dean’s situation. Because Dean was gone so long in hell, and Sam had to tough it out, I see this actually happening.
Marlowe97 chapter 1 . 8/6/2009
So, knowing what we all know about season four, I just found this. Though I seriously think Dean has every right to be ... PTSD in every major way, I think something like this would have worked WAY better than that stupid Zachariel and suspenders. 'specially because I get it: soft touch wouldn't work with Dean, he needs some tough wake-up call, and it is kinda sad that he had to get it from an a**- angel and later from Bobby, because Sam was being dragged into be the next hell-bitch.

So, I really agree with the other reviewers, this shoud have been on the show. And it only wasn't because it was never their intention to bring them together again, but instead move them further apart.

It's what I saw in this season: Dean would have had every chance to come back swinging if Sam hadn't been that bad-ass hunter and didn't make him small and useless (I'm not entirely blaming Sam!) but would take the attitude you painted on him in this fic.

By the way, it would only work with your version, the sirene didn't - cause it was spite, not love talking.

Well done.
IMTheresa chapter 1 . 1/21/2009
"Stop bending over for Hell, Dean." That's a great line. I'd love to see Sam's reaction to one of Dean's confessions on the show...just once and I'd be happy. Thanks for the tag!
Sofer chapter 1 . 1/20/2009
This needs to be on the show. Seriously. This is exactly what needs to happen. I'm really, really hope that all the angsting from Dean is going to build up until Sam snaps.

If that doesn't happen, I will kidnap Eric Kripke and demand that you become a writer on the show. :D
radekris chapter 1 . 1/20/2009
Why are you not writing for the show? That finale tacked on scene from last week's episode was HORRIBLY awkward and forced despite our boys' acting chops. This was a great fixer! This scene NEEDED to take place. Seriously. Why are you not writing for the show?
Meggin Lane chapter 1 . 1/20/2009
They don't show the brothers duking it out as much a real brothers usually do. And withthe pressures these boys have it's no wonder they havn't lit into eachother more often.

Very realistic fight scene. Very realistic dialogue.
ROBINV chapter 1 . 1/20/2009
Superb, Sue! I wish they had done this instead, I really do!

Love, Robin
GotTheShining chapter 1 . 1/19/2009
That was SO awesome! much more realistic than all the whiny stories I've been reading. Sam was pretty harsh. really enjoyed the way it ended as well. Nicely, done:-)
PlatinumRoseLady chapter 1 . 1/19/2009
Oh. My. Blog.

This was an absolute thing of rage and pain and... beauty. Utter utter beauty.

cozmikfaerie chapter 1 . 1/19/2009
this story ROCKED! I would love to see this played on screen, I just have no idea what Kripke is doing to our boys! This would make a great episode, because the roadside confession thingy is played out already! You had so many great lines, I loved them all!
Zatnikatel chapter 1 . 1/19/2009
So not how I would have imagined any kind of ‘heart to heart’ between the boys, but all the better for it. Great stuff!
shagalecki chapter 1 . 1/19/2009
That was awesome. How cool would it have been to have seen a Sam on Dean fight at the end of the episode...*dreamy sigh*...
NongPradu chapter 1 . 1/19/2009
Am I weird for loving that? It was harsh, but damn - it was necessary. Every time they have Dean make a new Hell revelation on the show I freaking cringe - my stomach knots up and I think, "Oh here we go..."

If they don't pull him back soon, there's going to be no salvaging Dean Winchester. I mean seriously - I get that he's broken and I honestly don't know how anyone could get over being tortured in Hell for 30 years. I also don't know how anyone could come back and ever be normal after torturing people in Hell for 10 years.

But the fact that God ordered him released and has got work for him to do now should seriously make up for some of that, right? I mean Jesus, if God, THE GUY for being Holier-than-thou, can forgive him...?

I just feel like suicide is looking like Dean's only option at this point. I want him to fall in love and have babies and eat chocolate cake in bed. That's how sorry I'm feeling for him at this point. But Sam kicking the crap out of him to smarten him up is much more likely. So I say BRING IT!

Awesome job with this one. Seriously.