|Reviews for Wolves of Arcanus: Arc One: Galactic Intervention|
| Kanto the Slayer chapter 2 . 7/4/2014
First, the good news.
1. After reading two chapters, I can safely say that this is the hallmark of technical execution. No mistakes, no bumps, no bruises. The writing is, without a doubt, some of the most flawless I have ever set eyes upon. I can't tell you how many stories I've read that have excellent storytelling, but are marred by errors, so much that they can't be ignored. This does not present that problem at all. Clarity abounds.
2. The Wotan interest me. They're basically mercenaries for hire, with an abundance of resources and technology. The problem, naturally, is that they spend most of their time on a ship. For all their prowess, they have that unfortunate thing where they have to head for shore from time to time, or they'll go crazy. I like that.
3. The speculative fiction aspect is amazing, and props to you for exploring territory that the show never expanded on, even with the Sub Orbital Booster suite on the TurboKat. It's a breath of fresh air, honestly.
Unfortunately, even with these positives...
1. What does the inside of their ship look like? Why are they so powerful? What of this Galactic Community? I'm asking so many questions for a reason, because for all your brilliance, you forget sometimes to deliver the details. The first few chapters here feel like a decent setup, but that's all they are, really. They don't really spark any emotion in me, no sense of epic scope. It's a generalization, and while that's nice, I need something... I dunno, more potent to get me hooked into a story. The first few chapters are called just that for a reason: the "hook".
2. I'm not too sure I like things going at this pace. Everything seems a bit too easy for them at the onset. Were it me, I would give them... I dunno, some kind of awkward integration into MegaKat. Make it a bit comedic. You'd have done better, in my opinion, by having Kam... I dunno, MEET Callie. Have the two of them actually get to know each other. Show some interaction. The above process would have taken an entire extra chapter or two, but I think it would have been a needed addition to your setup.
3. You put the wolves' race name in bold. Every single time they were mentioned. That was unnecessary. Yes, we know their name, and it's very interesting. But once it happens too many times, I find it somewhat irritating. It's not just a nit pick, either. I know this story is long since over, but this needs to be looked at.
Now for the final verdict, which I really shouldn't give after this initial reading, but here goes anyway.
I will read this story to completion. I will finish it, because now that I've started, I have to go all the way. With over 130k words, it will be a daunting task. But still, it won't be anywhere near difficult if the quality of writing continues and the overall theme holds my interest. On that note, the detractors... concern me, and I will be watching for further instances.
99 reviews is not enough for this. Not nearly. Just beacuse of who you are, it's not enough. So as I finish mine, I implore you to keep writing.
8.5/10, possibly one of the most honest scores you'll get. Slayer Stamp of Approval.
| vampire moonlight chapter 44 . 3/30/2014
| DELEON25 chapter 44 . 4/1/2012
Wow! This story was amazing! I may be very late on this story, but it was, again, amazing and, let's not forget, hot! Looking forward to the next arc.
| Kanto the Slayer chapter 1 . 4/14/2011
Maybe I have rubbed off a little bit on you after all.
| atymer chapter 44 . 3/28/2011
I was worried for a while that Chance would not go. I am relieved. I want to thank the author for an exciting adventure, which was not unexpected, and also for a more intricate look at her SwatKat universe and its characters. The entire cast gained a 'reality' with the worries, desires, and exhaustion stressful situations bring. It pleased me to see some find fulfillment in relationships after years of being alone, and all attaining their goals of bringing peace to their people.
I look ahead to more in this AU arch. Will Chance find a mate with Tara or will they turn into better friends than lovers? Will Feral wind up in Ing's office ranting and raving like a lunatic? LOL! Will Jake scare the pants off the crew with his new inventions? It looks like it will be a fun read the next time around as well.
| Cody Furlong chapter 44 . 3/28/2011
Congrats on finishing the story Uly! It was a sad ending, but the prospect of a follow up does bring some happiness back. I'm looking forward to seeing how Chance, Jake, and Feral get along, and what becomes of them. LOL, for some reason I can see some of the kits Chance left behind wanting to become the next generation of Swat Kats.
| atymer chapter 39 . 3/28/2011
Poor Chance, what a decision! He has all this family that barely knows him. If he leave it might be so many years the kits will be adults and his grands and parents even gone. I would not envy him that decision. He sacrificed much to protect them and now to separate would be heartbreaking.
But if he stays, what can he do? His heart isn't in to a simple life and the enforcers would be to constricting. Stuck behind a desk or repairing cars will be way boring.
I'll keep my fingers crossed he doesn't regret whatever choice he makes.
| Roller77 chapter 44 . 3/28/2011
Fantastic! Looking forward to arc 2!
| Roller77 chapter 41 . 3/27/2011
Looks like the end of the first arc is coming shortly. Can't wait for the adventures ahead!
| Roller77 chapter 40 . 3/27/2011
Ha ha, what a great family scene! Maybe the teens will want to go into space with Chance!
| Cody Furlong chapter 40 . 3/26/2011
LOL! Well that was a surprise, I just about fell out of my chair when I read that one kit's name. It looks like things are starting to wrap up on this story quite nicely.
It'll be sad when it come to an end, but they all must at some point. I sure hope that Chance decides to go, he's not only got Jake to worry about, but Tara too.
| Roller77 chapter 39 . 3/25/2011
Awwwwww, poor Chance, what a life changing decision he has to make!
| atymer chapter 38 . 3/13/2011
Just when I thought this fic was winding down new issues pop up. Feral and the SwatKats have to adjust to NOT being in charge of themselves and others. On a ship the interaction is so very different because the breath of life itself demands adherence to a chain of command and stricter protocols life on a planet doesn't demand. Adjustment won't just be tough for Feral. The SwatKats won't find it easy as independent as they are too. The relationship that the vigilante Kats have will change too. Although heartbreaking to be separated, they won't be spending that much time together if they both wind up in space. It certainly would be interesting to check out their lives five or ten years from now and see what their relationship is like.
The effort to get Feral to unwind will probable be a life long effort for Kam. I don't envy him that journey. LOL
| Roller77 chapter 38 . 3/11/2011
Well, Well, looks like everything is turning out just fine! Manx and his cronies are going off to jail, and Feral and the SWAT Kats are headed into space for an adventure! Now all Callie has to do is deal with the Pastmaster!
| atymer chapter 37 . 3/8/2011
Some revelation. I am so glad the guys are realizing that they cannot continue to rescue the people of the city. It is time for everyone to stand up and take their place. Now that the level of corruption is clear, everyone has the option to support the new Mayor and the reorganized Enforcers to the fullest. It is time for these guys to have a life, not just danger, but with loved ones and possibly kids! They should look to the future. It is bright with possibilities.