Reviews for SH Writing Exercise
Mam'zelleCombeferre chapter 1 . 8/27/2009
Interesting. I must say that it was rather stilted, but you did a good job with what was avaliable to you.
Monty Twain chapter 1 . 6/25/2009
Whoa.. deep. PhiloHolmes and PessiWatson I see.
Pompey chapter 1 . 1/22/2009
THAT is a challenging challenge and no mistake! And not so anachronistic, sadly; the first death by automobile accident was in the 1890s.

The only marr I can see is that if I hadn't know about seeing the auto accident, I would have assumed Watson had simply lost a patient.
AmatorLinguae chapter 1 . 1/19/2009
Whoops! I think I messed up on the 10-minute part of the challenge... maybe I should do another.

This was excellent - I like the detail of what Holmes as well as Watson is doing. It really helps set the tone when he obliviously labels his bottles (in two languages).

The dialogue is very good indeed. "What the devil does it matter... I will own I feel ill." Very Watsonesque, and very dramatic.
Bowen Cates chapter 1 . 1/19/2009
Oh! That last line of Holmes' was just pure gold, and a wonderful little one shot all round. Great Job!
endgegner07 chapter 1 . 1/19/2009
This style (stripping the stories bare, so to say) is really very interesting. And very appealing to me!

I don't think I could have done it with the lot of restrictions you have had.

Very, very good!
KCS chapter 1 . 1/19/2009
Now that is an interesting challenge - I'll have to try it when I get home today!

Given the restrictions (only ten minutes? meep!) I think you did very well indeed. It's hard to be vivid with no body language or thoughts.

"We are always better off than some, there’s only one who’s the worst or best at anything, and it’s a rare person who has the peculiar distinction of being either." -I like that philosophy; very true. *applauds*
Kai chapter 1 . 1/19/2009
Considering how short it was and how many restrictions you had, I think it's great. I do poorly with such constraints. XD