Reviews for Kendo Spirit
Bocchan832 chapter 15 . 1/2/2012
Omg amazing story please update soon!

BTW I love the Yuji and Tama fluff too!
LookDown chapter 15 . 7/25/2011
I liked the chapter but I think that I love the chapter better so keep writing WOOOHOOO!
Frog-kun chapter 4 . 7/2/2011
TAMAKI! She is so cute in this story.

I really like the format this fic is in, telling a bunch of shorter stories.
LookDown chapter 14 . 12/31/2010
love this part thanks for pointing me out i cant stop being happy..anyway i wonder what will happen when they stay overnight? greatt this is also a side of yuji i NEVER saw before!not that much tama i loved it all keep on writing great stories for bamboo blade i will be waiting on the next update! :p
LookDown chapter 13 . 10/15/2010
i think that this was a greattt way of showing yuji's concern about tama .And that other dude watever his name is need a hair cut then bang his head while takin a U DONT WANT TO BE U...(wow yuji wat he goin to do?)
SoupieLuv chapter 4 . 7/12/2010
Who's the stalker?
Yabumi chapter 1 . 6/28/2010
I must admit that have the story made up of one to two-line tall paragraphs is highly detrimental to my ability to read it. It's kind of like trying to read randomly arranged drops of water from left to right while keeping a fixed non-meandering guidance line. Well, that example is probably hard to understand.

Anyway, I kind of noticed that Tamaki uses "Yuji-san" here...she always used "Yuji-kun" as far as I remember. Although you switched back afterward, so I guess it was a momentary lapse.

Overall, I still enjoyed this chapter, even though I came back to read and review it at a later time (it's still okay after 2 reads, I think that's saying something?). Still waiting for chapter 12, despite the fact that the last chapter came out only 1 month ago(?) and, from your notes, you never really update so quickly.
Yabumi chapter 11 . 6/27/2010
Wait, so "Jeepers" has suddenly come in? Have you been watching too much Scooby Doo? And yeah, that's about the only other place I've seen / heard "Jeepers".

I must concur with Kojirou-sensei's statement that the kendo club members have been practicing in secret to talk in unison. But Yuuji is so not getting his money back.

It was nice how Narumi said that Ishibashi was PMS'ing. That stuff's a *****. But at the same time, it reminds me that I said the same thing about someone once. Sure gets laughs.

Wouldn't most practitioners stop themselves from whacking the shinai on the ground? I think that can easily wreck the shinai...

Nice work! I'm still keeping up with this, which means I must at least be mildly (or greatly, your call) interested. Although, I'm the type of person who can grind for over 8 hours on an MMO, so I don't know if that's saying much. After reading so much text on my computer at once, I think I have a headache. That's just perfect, but it was worth it, so I'll just go die in bed or something for a day.
Yabumi chapter 10 . 6/27/2010
I suddenly found out that all my reviews are stacked one on top of another when I clicked the number of reviews thing. I also discovered that out of the 26 (27 now) reviews that are there, mine take up almost half. But since I write such annoyingly long reviews, I'm still just gonna write one for every single chapter (yep, I'm gonna go back to chapter 1, reread it, and review it).

I was a little bit surprised that Tamaki could cut herself that easily, considering the she most definitely has fairly callus skin, especially on her hands. It was fairly amusing how you used "boo boo" instead of a more serious version. From the style of your little romantic encounters, it seems like you read more shoujo(?) or started playing some games (like Yume Miru? Although I have my doubts about that).

I was expecting someone to bring up the topic of why Saya wasn't included in the "original kendo team" while Azuma was. Since Saya was there way before any of the other members, other than Kirino, it would seem fairly likely to be a point that would be argued.

I was wondering a little about how somebody could really get cold beside a fireplace, but then I remembered that I've seen it in a few shoujo mangas, so it quickly dropped out of my mind. I must admit that you certainly turned Takeshi into quite the suitable individual to counter Saya's personality. Nice work on him.

I noticed from your notes at the bottom that you spelled it "binbou," whilst you spelled it "binbo" in a previous chapter. Might wanna check some spelling continuity there.
Yabumi chapter 9 . 6/27/2010
This is actually pretty in-character from what I see, nice work. By the way, I noticed you put that Yuuji's face turned red from Tamaki thinking about him, but you made him think that it was the result of someone "talking about [him]." Isn't the Japanese superstition that you sneeze when someone talks about you?

You actually have the number of 'la's right. I just kinda hummed it to myself and it worked x_x.
Yabumi chapter 8 . 6/27/2010
Must complain OOC due to Kirino's attitude when Iwase and Toyama really did get into enough trouble that it warranted the disbanding of the kendo club.

Six-way calls...I think that actually can be done. Although I haven't tried it. Since I usually talk for 2 hours (or more) on a phone if it's a friend...it would be terrible for the bill if I had 6 at once.

Woot for more Tamaki x Yuuji. And don't watch Bleach's anime. All those fillers, sheesh. I'd rather read the manga any day.
Yabumi chapter 7 . 6/27/2010
Yes, I realize I complain a lot. And I'm probably one of the only ones who is doing the complaining. Anyway, first thing I noticed since I'm picky is "Daijoubu". I've read RAWs before and the furigana (stuff beside the kanji) always read "dais(h)yobu," so it's not a hardened shi.

So...does everybody suddenly know how to play a guitar? Sure they do. I just had to say it...

I only knew one of those songs (or maybe more, I just skipped over all of them): Country Roads. That was a little bit strange seeing a song I've only seen on karaoke until now on a fanfic.

That comment at the end just made your whole writing style for the romance make sense. I was wondering why you used the pretty eyes and how they are "like the night sky". Although, the fact that they embraced after the kiss and not really in-between the first and second seems a little derailed from normal shoujo procession, but meh. I could rant a lot more, but since I'm an avid shoujo reader, that would take up more than the 9000 characters I have left for my review (which would be terrible to write and you would never get around to reading it).
Yabumi chapter 6 . 6/27/2010
I'm reading this at 5:30 AM, so I'm just gonna stop writing long commentaries because my eyes feel like they're bleeding. Anyway, you missed the second half of a sentence.

"That's okay, I'm going to be watching from down below as well." Kojirou said, "why don't we have

And then there's absolutely no completion to that. Although I'm willing to bet that the completion was actually "Azuma and Yuji go first since they're the only ones who are well-equipped?". Yeah, you kinda split the sentence across 6 lines.
Yabumi chapter 5 . 6/27/2010
So I was reading the "stupid jerk of an ass" thing and thought to myself, "Who would actually say that kind of phrase?" I don't believe that it's the right phrase you were looking for...

For the "Ding ding dong!" bell sounds, I'm fairly sure that Japanese schools have "Pin- pon- pin- pon" as their customary bell. My sources include things like Yume Miru Kusuri. Yes, that is what you think it is, if you've seen / played it before.

That poem...seemed rushed. It also had no depth (sorry, I'm a little blunt). I think it could have at least been a little longer.

Wouldn't "What a load of shi[t]" be said more as "Uzaketeneyo" or something? I don't think it would work out as a lead-in for shiitake mushrooms if we went with the Japanese, which I assume Bamboo Blade characters still speak. I was impressed that you actually knew about the real name for those mushrooms though (unless you searched it up), since I had no clue, ha ha.

Now I will give a more non-sensical rant. Omg, it really was Toyama. I saw that one coming, but to really have it happen ...I guess it couldn't just be some random guy. He did show a certain amity for Kirino in the anime, so I thought the chances were highest with him, but meh.

Oh yes, I remembered after seeing your little note at the bottom, but nice job on the Tama x Yuuji. It was a lot more subtle, which is strangely how I like it...go Tama x Yuuji!

Bamboo Blade B? Lol. That thing hasn't gotten very far...I haven't seen past chapter 8 and I haven't seen it in my bookstore (although it's not published in English anyway). I just wonder if they're gonna pull in any of the characters from the original Bamboo Blade. It would have to happen outside of the manga / anime timeline, but might be worth it for us fans.
Yabumi chapter 4 . 6/27/2010
Actually, if you were gonna send a text message for something like that...I would think you SHOULD take the extra care and actually attempt some decent form of communication. A messy text would just scream a lack of care to me.