Reviews for Against the Odds
kassey95 chapter 9 . 1/10/2014
Wow I wish the truth or dare games I played ended up with me making out with a hot girl.
Jaida857 chapter 24 . 7/8/2013
Ahhhhhhh oh my gosh that was so amazin I've had this fanfic bookmarked for months now, trying to find the perfect time to read it all in one sitting and finally today I did and I just loved every minute of it! I mean I hate you for making them break up but then I love you again for the end because even though this is entirely AU I could really imagine it all happening. You have such incredible writing! Are you published? You need to be.
numberedheartbeats17 chapter 24 . 4/12/2011
I loved this story as it was an interesting take on the beginnings of Joanne and Maureen's relationship. I'm glad that Joanne decided to dismiss her parents ideas and punishment and be happy.
Mya chapter 12 . 4/8/2011
The last part of this chapter was so cute! I love this story, its probably my favorite Maureen/Joanne fanfic. Good work!
Literaryluminations chapter 6 . 10/18/2010
I can't say I've ever given Joanne's boobs much thought, but I'm sure they're epic. :P

THIS STORY IS GIVING ME CAVITIES!
Literaryluminations chapter 5 . 10/18/2010
They are SO Naomily.

I meant reek as a good think, for the record.

Aww, Markykins. I've missed RENT! XD
Literaryluminations chapter 4 . 10/18/2010
Heyy, I hadn't reviewed this yet! Lmao.

Anyway, this scene reeks of Naomily, y/y? It's fun rereading this; you were always one of my favoritest writers! &hearts
charmed1026 chapter 24 . 7/30/2010
THAT WAS UNBELIEVEABLY FANFRAKEN-TASTIC! I MEAN WOW!1 I KNOW YOU WROTE THAT A WHILE AGO BUT :O AND ;) AND :D YOU JUST MADE MY WEEKEND YAY
B-rockaFaN chapter 24 . 12/15/2009
i loved it! dialogue was great! s/l great!
SisterSafetyPin chapter 24 . 9/11/2009
YAY! I've already read the this story and actually I think this maybe re-read number three... But I JUST noticed your Addie/Derek reference! Meaning I HAD to give you another bit of fb for it, because Addek Love.
SisterSafetyPin chapter 1 . 7/15/2009
I LOVED this story! Seriously, the most original and yet still true to the MoJo story I've read in... possibly ever
Pernicia chapter 24 . 4/5/2009
Blunt version: loved it.

Elaboration: You've got a lot of good stuff in here, especially the hilarious stuff, too much to point out without exceeding the character limit. Sweet, also- I always liked this pairing, when people try and mix it up, it usually fails. You do a nice prequel to RENT. It seems like most of it could have happened.

Thanks for the story!
rentIsLoveLife chapter 6 . 4/5/2009
Liking this story a lot. :]

And I agree with your lesbian moment... she has boobs, darn it. Now I'm going to be having a lesbian moment all day.

Thanks... just kidding.

Loving this story.
SPEEEEEEEAK chapter 24 . 3/19/2009
AW! I LOVE IT! But now it's over...*sadness* This was amazing though! And I love the random Grey's Anatomy thing in here! D
LadyRynofSunnydale chapter 24 . 3/15/2009
Thank you for the thank you :). I enjoyed reviewing this story, and it definitely brought the long reviewer mood out of me because there was so much in your story I wanted to comment upon (for the good).

You ended this story very well! I liked how you were able to tie in all the loose ends with Maureen and Joanne and give them conclusions. I'm glad that Joanne was able to go to Harvard and pay her own way! And I'm also glad that Maureen went to college as well! They are so cute together in every way! And I most definitely laughed out loud at Joanne's response to the knock on the door :). Priceless :). It was also nice to see that Joanne is finally comfortable with her sexuality too, and I'm glad her roommate is comfortable with it as well. It can always cause some awkward living arrangements (that's an understatement) when the roommate is not comfortable with her roommate being a lesbian (or gay in the guys case).

As an overall review for this story, you've brought this story along remarkably well. You most definitely brought the reviewer out in me as I've said earlier. You fleshed out all the characters really well, kept them in character for RENT, yet added your own twist to each of them that went beyond the AU, and that was nice to see. You didn't just stick with the canon characters and mold a story around them, you chose a story and molded the characters around it while still keeping them in their RENT character limits. You also very successfully introduced new characters and fit them in with all the Bohos and the stories, and brought them along nicely as well. I hope you keep up all the good work with all your stories. You're a good writer!

I also have to say too that I'm happy to see how comfortable with your sexuality you are. I'm still trying to deal with mine, but it's people like that show people like me that there are those out there who have made it and are comfortable with themselves. So thank you! After reading this story though I'm just waiting for someone like Maureen or Joanne to come and sweep me off my feet, or for me to just stumble upon someone like Maureen and Joanne and say to hell with what the rest of the world will think.

And don't write all of us Republicans off as bad. There are some goodies of us out there.