Reviews for Rod's Encounter
Monkeycat31811 chapter 1 . 1/26
good
Guest chapter 1 . 7/15/2013
Moreeeee
RomanaLadyPresidentOfGallifrey chapter 1 . 10/8/2011
how does a puppet/human relationship work?
AnimeLuvrGrl chapter 1 . 5/22/2010
Really pretty cool!
The Happy Monkey of Doom chapter 1 . 12/3/2009
I loved this! x3 I have contemplated a RENT/Q crossover before, but I didn't think of it this way. Their friendship and the things they talked about were so cute!

I thought the way events and dialogue progressed was a little stilted, but I could forgive it because of the short-n-sweet form. (:

And I wanna comment on what other people have said about Mark's characterisation - namely, that you made him bisexual. Personally, I can easily see him as being bi. For one thing, it's never explicitly stated that he is straight. Besides that, watching the musical, it's very easy to imagine he might not be. (Or maybe it's just a thing with dorky Jewish artistic guys in sweaters, ha-ha)

And the thing in the song that was cut where he tells Maureen her lesbianism could be just a fad? That could be explained away by him being somewhat defensive over it and sorta desperate to have her back at that time. You know, grasping at straws. Just because someone is open to same-sex relationships doesn't mean they have to be supportive of their ex's same-sex relationship. x3

In essence I am saying...There's nothing wrong with what you did with Mark, although those other reviewers are certainly entitled to their opinions!

Anyway, now that that is out of the way... Later!
EjoIsObsessed chapter 1 . 6/19/2009
I did enjoy this little story, but I'm not really fond of how you made Mark bisexual. I am a fan of both Avenue Q and Rent but I just don't think they mix well. Rent is so serious and Avenue Q is...well...not.

I liked the way everything flowed very naturally.

I do think you made Mark a little shy for an artist though. Somone who enjoys film making. He sould be a bit more outgoing.

Overall, It was a cute little story that would cheer me up if I were feeling down.
Ohmyrentness chapter 1 . 4/20/2009
OMG that was so fluffy and cute what a good idea an avenue q and a RENT crossover, and of course Rod

is afraid of almost all the bohemian woman (i mean seriously Mimi and Maureen aren't the most rated G ppl, well neither is any of the other bohos either)Lol, no but seriously I would like 2 c another Mark/Rod fic so Kudos to you
imsomeonelse chapter 1 . 1/29/2009
I quite liked your story. I mean, even the crossover with RENT, it was kind of weird, but funny and cute nontheless...really, I loved it (though i'm still trying to figure out how a puppet/human relationship would work...? :P)
gottalovepixar chapter 1 . 1/21/2009
Being a fellow fan fictioner, I am going to comment truthfully, as I would hope a fellow fan fictioner would comment for me...

THe Avenue Q features, I'm actually fine with, its the whole messing with Mark that I'm not enjoying... I mean, I get the fact that you made him bisexual because Anothony Rapp is bisexual, but I just don't feel good about it. Why? I don't exactly know; It could be because I've always been a little hesitant to change Jonathan Larson's story (little one-shots or Pre-RENT I'm good with, but MarkRoger freaks the crap out of me), or it could be because when you think about it, if Mark was bisexual that would make him, in a way, be a little more happy for Maureen and Joanne, and this would somehow contrast the deleted song "Get Over IT", in which Mark tells Maureen that being a lesbian for her will just be a fad, and she says that Mark should just get over her.

But you write very well! The story just isn't my taste. Continue writing. I'l read it still, just because of your good writing skills :) And your desccriptions are amazing!
I 3 RENT chapter 1 . 1/19/2009
Lol this story is so funny...