Reviews for Fallen Embers
with vine leaves in his hair chapter 20 . 8/21/2010
"With him, love was a fragile and crumbling thing, a neglected art that had been long since forgotten."

Best line so far.

Awesome story.

Awesome chapter.

I've been starving for some good long Seiftis romance, but I had thought that I read all the good ones.

Turns out I hadn't.

cinnabonme chapter 27 . 12/28/2007
Wonderful story...but I'm afraid that I don't like the last chapter. I mean, all through the fic I was trying to ignore the slight OOC in Seifer, but the ending was just too much for me to take. And what with the pet names, Honey? However, ignoring some grammar mistakes, I pretty much loved this fic, so don't feel bad.
Lux Aeterna chapter 27 . 12/18/2007
I loved the whole thing. Perfectly paced, plausible and really pretty epic.

Fantastic.
Charmeuse Tea chapter 25 . 6/24/2007
O.K., now that's just annoying. Is it a keyboard/screen malfunction of mine, or problem/bug? "FINAL FANTASY 8." There.
Charmeuse Tea chapter 26 . 6/24/2007
Oops...in regards to my other review for chapter 27, I meant FFVI, not FFVI.

-pouts- Wasn't aware of the one-review-per-chapter rule.
Charmeuse Tea chapter 27 . 6/24/2007
What makes your style so appealing is that your characterization is RIGHT ON. It's one thing to stay true to the game, but another skill altogether to be so familiar with the characters that you can place them in any situation and still make them believeable - and you do both very well. Also, it's evident that you know FFVI inside and out - clever little details like coats made of Snow Lion fur and Selphie assuming the wedding was private so she couldn't help plan it. Describing your writing is difficult...but how about this: it's this tingling feeling that readers/fans get when they understand an in-game reference, recognize a speech pattern, or connect historical events; making them remember just why they loved the game so much in the first place; and ultimately, a sense of thrill knowing that writers have the power to elaborate and expand upon the world of FFVI so that it doesn't just remain as it's presented, but can grow and live on in our minds in the form of whatever fantasy we nurture, Seiftis or not, and become much, much more than a simple 'video game'.
asga chapter 27 . 4/14/2006
love it
Twin-Lance chapter 27 . 4/3/2006
I love this ending. I can't believe you conjured up that other horrid ending...although that would've been one hell of a plot twist...to discover that it was all a delusioned hypothermic dream or something as they died...I would've been crused. Utterly crushed.

~Twin

P.S~ Thanks again for the beautiful story.
Twin-Lance chapter 26 . 4/3/2006
Beautiful. I couldn't help but enjoy the garden scene with Seifer out working in the sun...
Twin-Lance chapter 24 . 4/3/2006
I loved the suspense and emotion at the end of this chapter. It was great.
Twin-Lance chapter 23 . 4/3/2006
I'm quite impressed with Quistis' forsight to call Edea and have Faber there. I'm also quite impressed with the emotion in this chapter. Very good.
Twin-Lance chapter 19 . 4/3/2006
I really love the bond that has formed between Seifer and Faber. I can't say I could've imagined him taking to anyone so easily.
Twin-Lance chapter 18 . 3/29/2006
Haha. I love this domestic life Seifer's been forced to take part in. The screaming little girls and the runny nose was a nice touch. I loved it.
Twin-Lance chapter 17 . 3/29/2006
A wonderful little chapter. I liked how Seifer seemed to take to Faber, but I loved it when he cried at the end. The fascinating thing about your Seifer is that you've given him so many layers, so many guards and emotions he's erected thanks to his difficult past. Seeing him cry was beautiful. Well done.
Twin-Lance chapter 14 . 3/28/2006
Wow, I really liked this chapter. The forced intimacy...if that's what you want to call Seifer and Quistis' situation, is great. I'm sorry I haven't reviewed in a while. I've been so busy trying to work on my own stuff.