Reviews for Time For Thought
Chemistress chapter 1 . 5/30/2009
This is so wonderfully done - thank you very much! While I was reading I suspected already, that you play the piano yourself, as do I, and Maggie Smith of course: which made me always naturally believe Minerva does, too :-)
grugster chapter 1 . 1/28/2009
I loved how you showed Minervas inner emotions and her thoughts. I really enjoyed reading this story.
the real snape chapter 1 . 1/21/2009
What a nice story!

I very much enjoyed MM's acerbic comment on how she was not going to spend her spare time in another draughty castle. The Edinburgh house sounds most pleasant - lots of books (which? Sorry, I'm just one of those persons who always look at other people's bookshelves to see what they like) and a decent stock of wine.

I also liked Snape's letter, and I loved this:

/he was of the opinion that the reputations of the two previous holders of the position were proving something of a deterrent to prospective applicants./

What a lovely understatement.
snitchbox chapter 1 . 1/20/2009
Once again - beautifully done! I love how you handle the contrast between Minerva's outwardly stoic side and inner emotions . . . compelling and very true to character. The "mollycoddling" from the rest of the staff is a great touch. This is the perfect follow up to your previous piece! Could this maybe turn into a series? Pretty please? I'd love to follow Min & Co through their first year post-battle! :)
Kelly Chambliss chapter 1 . 1/19/2009
I quite enjoy your stories, LinZE. You have a good insight into the characters, and your situations are interesting and distinctive. In this piece, I like the parallels you draw between MM and SS - if he is more expressive when words aren't involved (great line), she also has a hard time expressing her emotions, even to herself, unless she can work them out in some external way - like playing the piano. Their hands nicely symbolize this. And I like the reference to "mythical" McGonagall Manor. I love fics that include the Manor (it's so appropriate a setting), yet it's interesting how it's a fanfic convention only: no mention in canon, as far as I know. So I enjoy the way you play with the fandom here. I also like the reference to Dumbledore - "Sometimes, she really did wonder what it was exactly she had seen in that man." It's a good question; personally, I think he would have been infuriating, however admirable he may also have been.

My only small criticism concerns mechanics - I'm a grammar junkie, so the punctuation and sentence structure errors can get in the way of the story for me. But otherwise, I always look forward to reading your work.
selmak chapter 1 . 1/19/2009
poor, poor min! I'm glad she's letting out her emotions! I hope you'll continue with this?
Captain Evermind chapter 1 . 1/19/2009
Aw, lovely. It's always great to read about those little moments in the teachers' lives that just slip under the radar. You write the relationship between Minerva and Severus nicely, and the image of their hands on the piano keys is a very beautiful one. Thanks for this.
duj chapter 1 . 1/19/2009
I kept expecting her to engage with her last memories of Snape .. what happened after they were both summoned that morning (presumably for him to save Dumbledore's life after the cursed ring fiasco, the beginning of the end) .. and when she didn't, I was left with an unfinished feeling. She's still holding back, even now that she's alone.