Reviews for You Never Knew
Annie Thea chapter 1 . 6/12
Wooow, i am so glad to stumble upon this story! Finally someone have done Popuri some justice! Not to mention Gray x Popuri X'D

I love the flows of Popuri's thinking, and the equal limelight you gave for both Gray and Jack through her story, it emphasis how opposite they are. Nice touch with the "game" Popuri place, I think that parts her really shines her playful and optimistic trait, and making her stays in character.

I love Gray & Popuri together, although I haven't played the HM64 yet haha (I played the mFoMT). I think their personalities fit it other, like ying and yang, and with her bubbling personality, I think Popuri could be a good medicine for Gray's coldness. But i resent how people just interpret her as a dumb and childish child with a weird hair color.

This is so bittersweet, all the love,the resentment, and the loss opportunities :( Give me a little heartache to finish them because the this is soo good Y_Y

I'm glad that Popuri was able to find her happiness with Jack, yet was still thinking about Gray and their lost chance together. It's a consolation to know that she would still cherish her feeling for Gray. Poor Gray, why would you have to be so reserved and distant :(

Anyway, i think this is a story that any girl with a one-side love wanted to tell someday to her crush haha. Marvelous story! I love love love it so much :)
coconut13 chapter 1 . 1/4/2011
Going the Gray route doesn't just turn up zilch for men, it also doesn't work for girls either. I've learned the hard way that if you don't make it incredibly bold-faced clear how you feel about someone, they'll go and get the Jack (or Claire?). Bah.

I was hoping for the happy ending, but seeing as it's Gray who DOESN'T TALK (it still makes me squee when I'm playing HM64 and he finally says 'See ya' as a goodbye) it didn't seem too likely.

Anyway excellent job, I've read your stuff before but I never knew you played HM64 too!
SweetieLove chapter 1 . 6/7/2010
Another awesome story..is this in 2nd person perspective? what's the technique here so that it won't get fussed up? O_o It's really cool, especially the sudden flashback and the ending scene..

Happy~
Lorelei547 chapter 1 . 4/20/2010
I can't believe I didn't review this, cause I know I read it. I loved everything about this the tone you used, Popuri's narration, everything. Ahh I wish I could say more, just good job. Had the poll still been active now I would've voted for sure. (:

I agree Popuri can be so hard to write, because she is a little bubble and silly. But that doesn't mean she can't be mature and well thought out when she wants to. Again just very well done.
Tanookie chapter 1 . 4/12/2009
...What? I haven't reviewed this yet? I could've sworn I did...I read it at least two months ago. Bad Tanookie! *Slaps Self*

Anyway, this was wonderful, as to be expected from you, Scarlet. You managed to portray Popuri like a real human being, but still stay true to her happy, optimistic personality without crossing over the line to bubbly caricature. It's a problem most people have when writing Popuri, but you pulled it off beautifully. Awesome job! :)
Kitsune no Tora chapter 1 . 1/22/2009
Gah, this was so great~

I want to say something more helpful, but I really can't think of anything. O.o

I'm such a bad reviewer, haha. XD

Good luck~
Thoughtless7 chapter 1 . 1/22/2009
This was really, really awesome, Scarlet! XP It was just so...gah! I'm such a bad reviewer, I can't find the words, but it was REALLY good. *thumbs up* Great job.
Pyro Raptor77 chapter 1 . 1/21/2009
wow, this was insanely good. And so very true. I was kind of captivated while reading this, like I just couldn't look away. Very nicely done!
Dionysus S chapter 1 . 1/21/2009
An HM64 fic! Haven't read one in a while, actually.

I loved the little 'games' Popuri played with herself, that was an interesting touch to the story. And the arrival of Jack, as well as Ann's comment about Gray being jealous...loved that.

'So here's what I want from you, Gray'. I love the innocence in her wish, and how she just wants him to be happy. That's so sweet~

And the last line was great! Good luck in the contest!

~ASK
Forbidden Blue Rose chapter 1 . 1/21/2009
I personally feel you captured her personality very well.

Over-bubbly-Popuri is amusing but an optimistic one who slightly more realistic is far more enjoyable for me to read.

The writing was fantastic and the style and word choice really flowed smoothly.

All in all, fantastic job and I wish you good luck in the contest! :3
Gamerzgal chapter 1 . 1/21/2009
Squee! I loved this! All the emotions are truely voiced (at least, I'VE felt that way.) As for it being OOC, I don't know because I've never played that game. But the writing is beautiful! I loved it! Keep writing deep things like this, I LOVE to read your stories!

Maybe you should enter the contest, although idk if it's ended or not...

You have my vote!

Gamerzgal
Brandersnatch chapter 1 . 1/20/2009
Aww.
The Laughing Libra chapter 1 . 1/20/2009
This was spectacular, Scarlet! It was so bittersweet... the balance was perfect. I really liked your characterization of Popuri. I love this story so much! _
Rose that Blooms in Secret chapter 1 . 1/20/2009
Wow, Scarlet, this story realy makes you think about opportunities lost and how terrible they can be. But perhaps they're not so terrible after all.

Despight what she thought I don't think Poperi would have been happy with Gray; they were too different. But it is good that she found happiness and had the courage to tell Gray to do the same.

He will have an even more special someone just for him, someone who won't mind his frowns. I'm certain he will!
Miss Psychic Lady chapter 1 . 1/19/2009
Wow that was really good. I liked it. I don't think Popuri was very OOC. I kinda resent that many writers portray her as...extremely stupid lol.