Reviews for The Misfortune of Nagato Yuki
barney.turner.10 chapter 4 . 12/29/2014
One of the difficulties/annoyances of reading these stories published half a decade ago is wondering if there were any sequels; back to the summary listings pages I go in hope of finding a 3rd installment of this story-arc!
barney.turner.10 chapter 1 . 12/29/2014
The confused & mildly-unnerved Kyon is fun, yet doesnt conflict with the over-thinking dumbass weve come to know lol.
The synthesis of the Nagato (this world) & Yuki ("Disappearance") seems to blend rather well...although Im surprised that Koizumi & his associates havent been very busy since Haruhis return.
ShrillKillerdog chapter 4 . 12/8/2012
This a good story that I would like to continue to read to the very end. Don't stop or I'll be disappointed that I wouldn't get to finish another fanfiction.
Phagabo241 chapter 4 . 7/25/2012
Truly a fantastic story. But you must update! It's apparently been over three years since you last updated! I need to know what happens next! -_-' Still, a great story.
Nicholas Flow chapter 1 . 7/22/2012
Hi! I just found this, So... THANKS! I can't wait to read it! If i had a twitter account I would Soo follow your writings but that is something I don't care to be a part of if I can help it. Anyway Thanks!
Nicholas,
Flowright
ILoveShortHairGirls chapter 4 . 1/9/2011
Very nice story, please finish. I would cry if you didn't.

I hate it when good FF's are left unfinished for a long time.

(Theres about 12 I'm waiting to be finished)

This would rank about the best FanFic I've read.

Please finish

ありがと ございます
Pkmn Trainer Bronze chapter 4 . 10/24/2010
Continue or I'll hoard your house with plot bunnies!
anonymous chapter 4 . 6/18/2010
MORE! \m/

..i like this story very very much..
MaDeR Levap chapter 4 . 6/18/2010
Nice little story. Unfinished, of course. :(
Rowan Seven chapter 4 . 1/23/2010
Aww...Yuki is so cute in this story! Kudos on the heartwarming scenes with her at Kyon's house. Even the well-intentioned "meddling" of Kyon's mother – something of a teenage romantic trope, I suppose – came across as warmly pleasant. Anyway, excellent job with the story thus far. The writing seems just as good if not better than what's featured in the prequel, and as a Yuki & Kyon fan I'm thrilled by your depiction of their ongoing relationship. You really hit the right notes with Yuki, in my opinion. She's herself, but there's a firmness and delightfully understated romantic element to her that makes it clear she's in love and quite attached to Kyon. And speaking of Kyon, good job with his narration again. Some of your timing with his lines is comically brilliant, particularly with Koizumi in chapters 1 and 2. Kyon's take on his relationship with Yuki and growing fondness for her are well realized too, and his uncertainty about what to do regarding Haruhi and self-doubt concerning his influence over her both seem quite in-character to me, as is both Yuki and Koizumi's faith in him that he'll think of something and do the right thing eventually.

As for the rest of the cast, I'm impressed. You're putting Koizumi to good use, showing him as his typically affable self but also demonstrating his genuine friendship with his club mates and his underlying seriousness. Taniguchi is effective in the minor role you've cast him in (Yuki's deadpan "It was enjoyable" in response to his question was hilarious!). And Haruhi is Haruhi, in all her emotionally irrepressible glory. Her reactions to Yuki and Kyon and responses to her own uncertainty and confusion (by taking it out on Kyon!) seem a lot like how she'd deal with a situation like this, and while some have criticized the violence of her subconscious actions I think it's quite plausible that because of her jealousy a small part of her would want to hurt Yuki. You have my really curious about how you plan (planned?) on resolving this and getting Haruhi to accept Yuki and Kyon's relationship, but even if this story's long hiatus means it's going to remain unfinished you have my thanks for sharing such an interesting tale with so many beautiful Yuki x Kyon scenes. Wonderful job all around.
The Hidden Lostar chapter 4 . 12/11/2009
This looks to be among the best Yuki x Kyon stories this place has to offer.

With that being said, you haven't updated in a while! I hope things are going okay on your end!

Your writing style is very enjoyable and somewhat true to the light novels. Your Yuki is pretty radical alright! It's not often that you see a bold Yuki, and in that respect, you did a pretty good job of doing so. The power of love can be something indeed!

I've started a Kyon x Yuki fic recently. Of course I'll be taking an entirely different approach to the matter using the most recent events that I have access to (i.e. Book Nine) but anyways, I hope to see more in the future! Good luck out there, and live a long healthy life!
inu chapter 4 . 12/7/2009
realy good
lazyguy90 chapter 4 . 12/2/2009
...Update! Holy crap this is fantastic. It's too good to leave unfinished like this. I hope you post the next chapter soon. Keep up the great work.
Broken Kilter Express chapter 4 . 10/20/2009
I hope you write the next chapter soon. I remember this story from way back and thought it was better than most.
Kyon-Is-Haruhi's-Slave00 chapter 4 . 8/14/2009
YOSH that is craziness for the win ya know. keep it up