Reviews for Departure
Robert Matthew Dye chapter 2 . 1/2
Very nice. Wish I'd found it when it was first posted, to be able to encourage the author a bit. Afetr 5 years, not likely the story would go on.
Erbanana chapter 1 . 12/13/2013
I like your punctuation, such as " - changed - " and the italics "Platonic".

I like their dialogue and the immaculate tea and the aforementioned by other reviewers, the thready patches at the elbow.

I'm not sure about "Twinkle in Two's eyes" but it may be stylistic. There was also very little thinking on Two's part, and it read like a TV show with lots of body language in character, because they looked like real people having an intelligent conversation.
IrishPanther chapter 2 . 7/21/2013
As I started to read this chapter, it started to make a bit of sense - the location, rather. Six is in Two's society (ala the Village), and he doesn't want any part of it, I'm guessing...I do hope I'm right.

Anyway, nice work with this chapter! And wow, talk about a chalkful of information that seriously helped me out here! Everything, again, is starting to make sense; as Six is pondering where he is at, we are learning about the Village and what makes it different from his past self...or maybe his resurrected self (never knew the Village had powers to raise the dead...). And apparently, from the cell phone, that the Village is aging with technology and such.

Now Six wants to explore this Village to see what else has changed, I'm guessing. Lovely way of him using spunk during that short phone conversation; interesting, and something that adds to his character - one who I am not familiar with.

Again, no mistakes were spotted, so well done with that! I'm going to guess that: a) this fic has been on hiatus for a while, or b) it's done with an open ending. Nonetheless, I do wish you well wherever your writing takes you, and maybe one day, you'll return to this in hopes of continuing!
IrishPanther chapter 1 . 7/21/2013
Warning: fandom blind, so I cannot comment on characterization and all that other stuff.

Anyway, this was a nice introductory chapter into the lives of Two and Six. From what I gathered while reading this chapter, I assume that they reunite in the Village, with Two sustaining injuries to his elbows (which explains the patches on them). They chat over some tea, about how things have changed, and they will both be united as they were before.

It's here that I get a bit confused - and I don't blame you; I blame myself for lack of knowledge from The Prisoner. Are they dead, seeing as Two states that Six will live forever "here," where there is no age, death, fear, or pain? They are apart from society, apparently...or is it that the Village somewhere isolated from the rest of society? I guess some research could have been done beforehand.

And now, Six is pissed off at Two because he wants to be his Socrates. He's not about to become a part of that, and storms out of the room. Nice way to end the chapter!

In terms of SPAG, I can suggest one little thing; where you have words that have dashes near them (ex: -changed-), I think you'd benefit better if you'd bold the word, or anything else to add emphasis to it.

Other than that, everything else looked great! Nice work with description and such, and I can't wait to see what happens in the next chapter!
Kathryn Shadow chapter 2 . 7/18/2013
...I love you.
ReadingBlueWolf chapter 2 . 7/14/2013
The premise of “The Village” is intriguing. The fact that it’s such a stand out word really hits on the curiosity. I love Six’s thoughts about how that place is not his home and he refuses to stay there. That’s interesting. More than one village? That’s really interesting. What’s going on with that? And two might or might not be alive. I’m sad you haven’t gone on with this. It’s an amazing set up and I’m really curious as to what’s going on and what will happen to Six especially when it comes to the phone and laptop.
ReadingBlueWolf chapter 1 . 7/14/2013
I really love the descriptions on what two looked like. With visuals like lazy eye and wispy it was easy to imagine what he looked like. I like the friendship established between them off the bat. I thought it was realistic and I loved how they joked with each other. I thought it was an interesting set up and I’m curious to see how these two interact.
ShadedRogue chapter 1 . 6/23/2012
I really like the style of this piece; your prose is very British in style, and the descriptive narrative is very well-written and interesting. I particularly like the part near the beginning where Six is likening Two to a professor, and makes emphasis on the loose threads. I think it fits with the rest of the story too. Maybe I missed something somewhere, and I'll honestly say that I don't know much about this show, but the weirdness of their tea conversation seems to convey that idea of frayed edges, as if there's just something not right going on - or, as if Two is sort of off in the head a bit.
BenRG chapter 2 . 4/18/2010
Fascinating concept. What I like about this is that it could be the start of a transitional story between the classic 'Prisoner' and the new ITV series that started last night. The transformation has begun between The Villiage beside the sea and The Villiage in the desert. Of course, the scenes may change but the trap is the same and, as Number 6 pointed out, they are all but players in a far greater play.

The touch with the cellphone and laptop was nice, as was the change of the map. I wonder if this is the first step between Number 6 becoming Number 93?

BenRG's Rating: 8.5/10
The Red Ranger chapter 1 . 11/16/2009
An excellent piece.

The tone of The Prisoner is very difficult to portray, and yet you've managed it.

The dialogue is good. I don't know if it was intentional, but the slight shounen-ai vibe Number 2 gives off has great mind-f* potential.
Thescarredman chapter 2 . 10/5/2009
Very good. I had no idea this old series still had a fandom. Your writing is very crisp and British, and suits the original material very well.
UponUsAllALittleRainMustFall chapter 2 . 6/13/2009
I am very pleased to see such a fine portrayal of a brilliant series. Sadly, the television series had to end. Patrick McGoohan would be pleased with the efforts you have put into creating this piece. RIP Patrick McGoohan.
Imzadi chapter 2 . 1/29/2009
I think you've captured the essence of Number 6 (dare I call him John Drake?) very well here. I'm looking forward to the next chapter.
Imzadi chapter 1 . 1/29/2009
I can't believe there were no Prisoner stories until now. I'm assuming that this has to do with Patrick McGoohan's recent death. Anyway, I can't tell you how glad I am to see stories about one of the greatest television shows ever. I'm glad it's not a one-shot. Very interesting so far.
srushe chapter 1 . 1/27/2009
I just wanted to say that I really enjoyed this story. I've been looking for some decent Prisoner fiction for years and it has been a fairly fruitless search. My wife suggested that I try this site out and on doing so I found this story. It made for a very pleasant change.

Congratulations on capturing the feel of the series, something most others (including the official novels) fail to do. Please do continue to write this. I'll be coming back to the site in the future, and this story alone has made me feel that way.