Reviews for Of Cupcakes and Kissing
Guest chapter 1 . 8/9/2014
LOVE IT! more,more!
WritingElephant chapter 1 . 10/4/2011
Good story! there isnt enough funny stories for fried green tomatoes!
maenyn chapter 1 . 12/28/2010
my friend is showing me the ropes of this site .. so when I noticed this one I just had to read it and I'm glad I did xD I wish they hooked out in the movie.. what a sad ending :(

.good job.
Mandy Jean chapter 1 . 10/31/2010
The formatting is a bit hard on the eyes and makes it difficult to read. Edit the document so that there's a single blank line between each paragraph.

Also, avoid putting actions between asterisks. Explain your actions in sentence-length form. This is what separates fanfiction from roleplaying.

Overall, the story seems to mirror what is considered the love scene between Idgie and Ruth while cooking the infamous fried green tomatoes, so while the scene doesn't seem original, it does stay in character.

Also worth noting, Fried Green Tomatoes is in fact a book, written by Fannie Flagg. Hope this helps!
Artemidora chapter 1 . 6/16/2010
Cute! I really like the kitchen setting, as well as your characterization. You could stand to expand on it. Not much else to say, except that you might get more traffic if you moved it to the book section.

-Hazel
Guest chapter 1 . 1/14/2010
It is a book. It was a book before it was a movie. It's Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe by Frannie Flagg (She was involved with the movie too).

So, I think you might be missing the word "to" in this sentence: "She hated let me by the stove."

You definitely have the characters down though. Your dialogue is spot-on.

"Ruthie said it made me look quite becoming. I scoffed every time she said it, but secretly I blushed and vowed never to cut it again." That is so Idgie! I totally get that too. When a girl I like tells me she likes my hair, it makes me really happy.

Aw, I love that Idgie fell into Ruth's lap. They're such a cute couple!

I kind of wish this piece was longer. I hope I can read more of your work sometime soon.

_
Stille Nacht chapter 1 . 5/5/2009
The only critisism you'll hear from me is that you've got to line-break every time someone different speaks. New dialog means new paragraph. Other than that, I LOVED your story. It was so cute.
Eternal Optimist chapter 1 . 3/25/2009
That was cute!
gschelt chapter 1 . 2/10/2009
it is a book, that's what the movie is based off of. xP

(and to be honest, the book is far better. the relationship is more context in the book than the subtext that it is in the movie.)

cute story.
Mewl chapter 1 . 1/24/2009
But it is a book. Fried green tomatoes at the whistle stop cafe by fannie flag. Anyways, this was very cute and sweet!
MirellaArabesque chapter 1 . 1/24/2009
Aww, that was sweet. It would be a bit helpful if you double spaced between paragraphs, but the writing was great!