Reviews for Portia
killing u with umbrellas chapter 1 . 3/31/2012
loved it.
mamzellebutterfly chapter 1 . 11/21/2009
I adore the descriptions, I adore Misa being not-stupid and sightly crazy, and I adore Julius Caesar (because who doesn't?)

This is amazingawesometasticwin and I have no idea how to describe this 'fic and am running out of adjectives to say how much I love it.

The end is like undiluted awesome, and alternate character interpretation is for the win!
Vera-Sama chapter 1 . 4/6/2009
My geek is showing too. I liked this play, and I was always ad when Brutus died.

Wonderful, I loved it.
onceuponachildhood chapter 1 . 3/17/2009
Darling, your geek is showing. Please get that checked out. XD

In other words, ttly 133t.
Toshiko Sato chapter 1 . 3/16/2009
The imagery you use is so beautiful, and there is something about it that really speaks to me. The way you write Misa is really true to the character, but in a way that most people would never think of. This is brilliant.

-Tosh
Winter Still chapter 1 . 1/26/2009
Perfect. I like it when Misa has a brain. (I mean, of course she does, the anime more than proves it; but people on here tend to lend her bubbles for thoughts.)

The interaction between the three... It's not OT3 (Thank Goodness, because I couldn't handle all 3 of them) but it's not quite 3rd-wheel-Misa-tiem either. I like it. The whole scene seems delicate; like something that exists out of time for them.
Jenwryn chapter 1 . 1/22/2009
"She imagines him standing shoeless in the moist soil of someone’s vegetable garden, somewhere safe and far away, smiling as though he hasn’t forgotten how. She imagines his toes smeared with brown earth, and she imagines hers, and Light’s fingers. What might the three of them grow there, where it’s safe?"

...I don't know why, but that's one of the most fascinating descriptions of L I've read in a long time. As to the rest of the story - I like your inner geek - and I like the way the boys are in this, central to this, and yet somehow always at the peripherals...
RichelleShalark chapter 1 . 1/21/2009
Wow...I never noticed how similar Portia and Misa are. That's so cool! Yay for sophomore English class. :P
CitrusLove chapter 1 . 1/21/2009
Awesome use of parallelism

Very sombre..
viciouschristine chapter 1 . 1/21/2009
It seems as though the only time I can find true beauty in Shakespeare is when you've woven it in with Death Note stories. This is wonderfully poetic.

I've always had a little bit of a soft spot for Misa, and this piece captures all the reasons *why* I feel that way. I like the idea of both Light and L attempting to comfort her - it's very sweet. _
littleinkblot chapter 1 . 1/21/2009
Whoa, that is quite beautiful. I'd never thought that their coexistence was possible, but you portrayed it perfectly and now I see how it can work.

Misa is so smart in this, and I had to rethink my opinion of her character - because, if you think of her this way, she seems like less of an annoying failure and more of a strong woman who understands more than she gets credit for.
Korikali chapter 1 . 1/21/2009
Aww, poor Misa. The image of the three of them quietly coexisting like that is lovely. XD I'm glad to have read Julius Caesar now! I suppose L and Light each have a little Cassius and Caesar in them - I love last sentences when Misa wonders which L is. And that Portia lives long enough to see them all die...it all just fits so well!
ellan54 chapter 1 . 1/21/2009
thinking about the end so soon? did misa misa lose her most annoying perkyness? ITS THE END OF THE WORLD!
Free of Mundane Thoughts chapter 1 . 1/21/2009
Well-written, interesting, yay. Need I say more? I WILL say that I didn't EXACTLY understand all the Shakespeare references, but I understood them enough to get the story. And that's what counts, right? _

I wonder if I should just ramble on about nothing in particular, or just leave this as it is...? Wow I can't type today! (well, looks like we're going for the former! XD) I think I've been deleting almost half of all the letters I type... that's upsetting. What's wrong with you today, computer (better yet, what's wrong with ME, today, computer? And still better than that, what's wrong with me in GENERAL? the world may never know... XDD)

Yes, I'm crazy-hyper today. Surprise surprise! ...yeah, I know. I'll shut up now. _'
MimiB.Real chapter 1 . 1/21/2009
Breathtaking. Just absolutely beautiful. The way you incorporated Julius Caesar into the story was flawless; like the comparison had been sitting there, waiting for someone to make it, to mold it. The part about the garden, and L smiling like he never forgot how to was lovely. Then mixing in Light and Misa, and what they'd all grow there. The end was wonderful, and wrapped it up quite nicely.

(I apologize for how jumbled this is; I can't quite express the things I like about this. xD)