Reviews for Other Side Of The Petal
The GamerSwordsman chapter 1 . 2/12/2009
Congrats on getting to your 40th fanfic Star. And to be honest it wasn't that bad, although it was a bit shorter then what I'm use to from you. But that's okay too, because it was still good. And actually I'm into Bleach after watching it one Saturday night on Adult Swim. (I think I spelled wrong)

Again nice job Star.
loulou.k chapter 1 . 1/23/2009
Hello CeleBaby20! _

First, welcome in RoV world, I'm sure you'll enjoy every second of it.

Then, I won't be gentle in reviewing! You were sleepy, you still on the episode twelve, you don't know the characters very well, and you came up with such a WONDERFUL, AWESOME, 'fic!...you're killing me here, I'm really, really, really, worry of what are you going to do to me more when you'll finish the series, and the manga-you should try to read it too-.

If only Oscar told her dream to Andre at that day, she really would calms his heart a little, he was scaring to death about her, so instead of making jokes of him about "he was the first one who could escape from the king's punishment", if only she told him that his voice….his voice while he was calling for her, was the real reason which made her came to her conscious again….if only! *sigh*

Well, I guess RoV is full of "if only"!

I'm looking forward to read from you again when you'll see the whole series…the best is yet to come, I just feel that _…..oh, and very nice title too.

Kisses,

Loulou
Xirysa chapter 1 . 1/22/2009
Xirysa goes .

Oh em gee. Srsly. You wrote something? Gosh, I love you. You've made my day once again. C: RoV needs more epic people writing epic 'fic aside from us regualars. (Don't get me wrong, I love all of you out there! We just need more 'fic.) And speaking of which... At the time this review has been written, we were upped from three pages of 'fic to five! Yeah!

And aw... For me? Thanks so much, all though really I should thank you for writing.

[She could see he was so deep in thought.] I don't really think that the "so" should be there.

[Oscar offered a slight smile, the rare kind only he was allowed to see.] So true. And sometime, in the somewhat distant future... [shot] I'll not give it away. Hehehe.

Metaphors are a way of life, love. And symbolism, too. Really, though. For not knowing too much about the series, I think that you did exceedingly well. So kudos!

AND DAMN STRAIGHT I ENJOYED IT. Immensely. Oh, please tell me you're going to write more... I'd be forever happy. Er, ignore awkward wording, please.

Keep it up! I hope that when you finish watching more of the anime, you'll be inspired to write more!

[Xirysa]
Kitten Kisses chapter 1 . 1/21/2009
Holy cow. I didn't expect to see this. The RoV section is usually dead except for the 'fics posted by people that I already have on Author Alert. I just kind of happened to click on the Rose of Versailles section "just in case" there was a new 'fic by someone I don't have on alert, and holy cow, there was!

Xirysa warned me about you. (She only said good things, I swear haha!) She told me that you were an up and coming RoV obsesser. Nothing wrong with that, of course. I mean, I'm way worse.

[Does one's life truly flash before their eyes just before one dies?] That's a nice way to begin because, let's face it, everyone's story is different when it comes to near-death or I-could-have-died experiences. But the saying does say that your life flashes before your eyes, so there must be some semblance of truth to it, right? Well, I would assume for quite a few people that there would be truth to it.

I got a mental image of Marie Antoinette smacking Oscar over the head with her fan before telling her to get back to bed. I'll bet she felt terribly responsible for everything that happened.

[Oscar felt silent] Did you mean "fell"?

[He only hoped he had the opportunity to give his life for this wonderful woman. And soon.] I don't know how I feel about the "and soon" part. I doubt he was that eager to die for her, but I do think that maybe in some part of his mind, he wanted nothing more than to show her that he was willing to go just as far for her as she was for him. In the anime, he's so passionate about his speech... I swear it gives me goosebumps. "Someday, I'll give my life for you!"

What he doesn't know is, he already has... He doesn't have to die to give his life to her. I wonder if he ever realizes it himself. Hahaha.

Anyway, this was a nice little story. I hope that when you finish the series, you'll be back with more. You did exceptional with characterization, especially having only seen twelve episodes of the anime. And God knows the Rose of Versailles section needs more writers, haha.

Anyway, keep up the great work! (Please!)

Cheers,