Reviews for A Question of Gravity
justfancy chapter 1 . 8/19/2013
Awesome! I'm guilty of reading this many times! :))
Ani Mei chapter 1 . 7/13/2012
I like behind the scenes character analysis a lot, and yours nailed it! It stuck to his character very well, he was silly at times, but definitely one of the best pilots out there. I appreciate how closely your fic resonates with the show with the Chinese insertions, it added to the authenticity. Thank you!
Emsy-Adie chapter 1 . 8/8/2010
Ahahaha!

So awesome 3

I would like to point out, however, that the definition of 'tzao gao' is closer to 'disastrous'. Hence, in a sentence it would more commonly be used like 'this is very disastrous' (ze ge hen tzao gao). As a expression of alarm, the phrase 'Aiya! Tai tzao gao le!' (crap, this is so disasterous!) would be more appropriate (you wouldn't really yell 'disasterous!' by itself when you're in imminent danger).

But I'm just being picky in a otherwise perfect fic xD
Hekateras chapter 1 . 4/5/2010
Great comedy and drama there. The interaction between Mal and Wash was just pure win.
Ella Greggs chapter 1 . 3/29/2010
Leven Kemal, you are the master and no mistake. Those were perfect Mal and Wash voices, reactions and behaviours, from the grape pop and comic books to Mal's prideful determination not to throw up during the hellish landing. And once again, impressively convincing technobabble. So many great lines, but my favorite was probably "It was a mite odd, what with just about having been blown from the sky and his shuttle having a busted doohickey which could lead to jamification, that no sense of doom impended." Wow - jamification! Can't wait to read the rest of this series.
Thescarredman chapter 1 . 3/24/2010
You do a great Wash. I see why so many of your stories feature him.
Ultrawoman chapter 1 . 10/14/2009
So, I decided if I was going to read more of your stories, I ought to do as Julie Andrews said and start at the very beginning, at least time-line-wise :)

This was excellent. I love how Mal went from being uncertain about Wash to deciding he was okay because his piloting skills were clearly second to none.

Whilst the point of the story was really the development/change in the Mal & Wash relationship, I have to say my favourite part was Wash's explanation of the Strawberry Jam Factor! Excellent analogy, and seemed very Wash to me.

Looking forward to reading more of these pre-series fics :)

~Ultra~
Crazed Fuzzle chapter 1 . 2/3/2009
This is astounding. You really captured Mal's voice perfectly (the phrase "eminently shine-worthy" comes to mind), which in itself is no easy task, but you also have a wonderful character study of Wash at the same time. I particularly liked how he was enjoying himself while the ride got rough.
PrincessPerky chapter 1 . 2/1/2009
Loved it, loved reading a Mal and Wash that sounded like Mal and Wash.

Sorry I am not a real critic

But...what happens next?
MrsMosley chapter 1 . 1/24/2009
Absolutely lovely: funny as hell and written in a great voice. Although that bit about how Wash wants to die did make me sniffle a bit.
Mokibobolink chapter 1 . 1/23/2009
Another fantastic story and I really liked seeing where Mal found out what kind of stuff his pilot was made of. I can imagine that Wash would take some getting used to for Mal and this story is the perfect way to show how their relationship began.

Bravo!

-Moki
Vanilla Baby chapter 1 . 1/21/2009
Yay! Back with another nugget of brilliance from your brain tank!

I think the Mal/Wash relationship is an interesting one, and one that's seldom explored in fanfiction despite it being an integral part of the show. At least in such detail as this story provides.

I love your Wash, but for one reason in particular: a lot of fanfic writers get wrapped up in Wash being silly and goofy, but tend to forget he's serious a lot of the time too. Especially when it comes to flying or being in danger. I think you totally nailed Wash right on the head. The perfect balance between quirky and serious, without coming off trite and irresponsible.

Did I also mention that flyboy!Wash makes me happy and melty inside? All of the control under pressure and technobabble makes my heart explode into a thousand pieces of shiny goodness. Thank you for shattering my happy melty heart.

Thank you for this. Really. Your stories are really such a wonderful addition to this already fabulous 'verse. I look forward to anything and everything you choose to impart on the members of this community. Seriously, always that good.

Shiny,

VB
Enfleurage chapter 1 . 1/21/2009
Somewhere in the 2nd paragraph I stopped reading to check the author name (yeah, I saw Wash and jumped into the story right away) and then said, "Oh, well that explains why it's so good!"

Great story, top notch characterization as always and I'd like to drag about 90 percent of writers by the scruff of their necks to this and say, "Look! Look at this. This is how you write how a character (Mal) comes to form or change his opinion about another character: through shared events, through observed behaviors, through believable dialogue that subtly reveals without being a soliloquy!"

Sorry. Off soap box. Reading too much wholly inadequate fanfic lately and am intoxicated by sudden exposure to REALLY GOOD WRITING. I may just linger and get a little drunk on your sentence structure and syntax.
Verity Kindle chapter 1 . 1/21/2009
“Me, I wanna die old and unmemorialized, in bed, of overexertion.”

Also, the discussion about jamification and Mal's reaction.

Hee. XD I kind of love this story, madly and deeply. Favorites list. ::happydance::
jane0904 chapter 1 . 1/21/2009
Excellent tale! I do wonder why they were shot at, but since that's really just a plot device it doesn't matter terribly. I think Wash is perfect in this, as is Mal, and the counterplay of the two was very well done. Thank you!