Reviews for Dawn
MaiWishes chapter 5 . 1/20/2012
"Part three on its way next—Disaster. I mean, how long can Jarlaxle stay away?)"

Ahahaha! XD! hehehe
MaiWishes chapter 3 . 1/20/2012
Oh WOW, incredible quote at the end

"Weakness did not lie in comfort. It lay in choosing comfort over action.

Weakness did not lie in pleasure. It lay in choosing pleasure over self-control.

And weakness did not lie in love. It lay in choosing to misplace one's love.

His love was not misplaced. He loved her.

And giving her a kiss on the forehead, he said the words"

Perfect for Entreri and other characters like him. You certainly are good
Marthinwurer chapter 5 . 7/1/2011
These are great! I think that even RA Salvatore would be impressed.
unice5656 chapter 5 . 11/24/2009
Again, a very well-written story. The style is similar to R.A. Salvatore's, so I find I'm never jarred out of the story by dissimilarities. I found one small typo:

Then he turned to Cadderly and Danica. “The song of the morning has something for everyone, even a monk trained under Grandmaster Penpahg D'ahn and the Chosen of Denier,” he stated with a smile. “Perhaps before you all leap at each other, you should sit in the morning sun for a bit and consider the newness of the day.”

I believe it's Deneir.

Off to read Disaster :)
Musingsage chapter 5 . 1/23/2009
YAH! JARLAXLE'S COMING! *cough* ahem. Sorry about that. I like where this whole theme has been going. Your work with Caddery and Danica was perfect. Why does it seem like the women is somestories tend to be far more hot-head than the men? M... Probable becuase it's true.

I hope Jarlaxle doesn't ruin everything Artmeis has built. It's nice to see him doing something good and distructive. In the Books Artemis could be clasified as Neutral Evil, or Chaotic Neutral. Now he seems more like a True Neutral.
RonCN chapter 5 . 1/23/2009
A fitting end. I really liked it :)

You got Danica down to a tee. I didn't like her in SotS, and I can say that the feelings stay exactly the same. Also, it was very Cadderly-like to back off and give the man a break.

Though I have to wonder, what would have happened if Anselm hadn't been there?

Again, well done. I like the way realizations keep on hitting Artemis whenever he least expects them :)

I'll be waiting for part three! Jarlaxle facing Dwahvel's wrath... I'm sure it'll be great!

Thanks for the story!
RonCN chapter 4 . 1/23/2009
Hm... and so Cadderly steps in! What will he unearth about Artemis, I wonder? Will he manage to undo our... ah... hero's peaceful life? Will Danica learn to see beyond the judgment passed by Cattie-Brie and Drizzt?

Ah, the questions! I'm going to read on now to find the answer!
RonCN chapter 3 . 1/23/2009
Okay, I love this one. It has two clear parts, and both are very interesting. Firstly, the confrontation about who Entreri is: I liked it very much. Mostly the confrontation with Charon's Claw... that was dramatic!

And then, what is strnght? I know that part was deep and had some very interesting character definitions - which I believe to be well placed, by the way - but to me, this was the best part:

"She actually cooked. [...]What's more, she did laundry. She kept house. The mysteries of her knowledge and abilities were boundless"

That one had me laughing out loud... And yes, it made me realize that Artemis Entreri has never before known a home, which is a pretty sad thing. But still, he has one now and the ways he's discovering it are a really good mixture of funny, sweet, and genuinely Artemis.

I'm glad he could say it in the end.

Great job!
Zolarix Aster chapter 5 . 1/22/2009
Good story. I just now noticed it, which is why I did not review earlier.

You had Cadderly and Danica perfectly in character, btw. Well done!

And Entreri's teaching how to fight...I don't know if I envy his students or pity them. I think it's the second.
RonCN chapter 2 . 1/22/2009
'Soon he'd be able to speak of his clients with something approaching basic courtesy.'

I loved that part! Also, I like very much how our Artemis is going "straight"... How different it feels for him to work for himself, to be honest.

Yes, I like it very much indeed.

Now Dwahvel's going to be the bad girl! Chaos versus Law! What will happen?

Loved the brooch scene, too. I'm not making much of a critic, I know, but... I just can't find anything to critisize! :)
RonCN chapter 1 . 1/22/2009
Hehe. I enjoyed this beginning quite a lot! I could totally see it.

Artemis the Hero, Artemis the Teacher, Artemis the Security consultant... And the best was that I could picture his faces through all of those!

Loved the bedroom curtains conversation, too. I found it incredibly funny :)

I very much like how this is coming along!
Arcole chapter 1 . 1/22/2009
No reviews. I have to have at least one or it just makes me weep. So I'll post something just so there's something there.