Reviews for I Believe
lazyguy90 chapter 1 . 9/30/2012
Great work on this.
LoryBlackWolf chapter 1 . 5/3/2011
Oh! I didn't notice this. It's so damn similat to what I've imagine as a decent final of Prince of Persia. Because, come on, we're talking about a huge company of experts like Ubisoft, not about a group of students who create flash games fon internet. I can't belive that they choose to make such a final. Allright, the game ends sadly but maybe it's acceptable, but the Epilogue... I've watched, and all I've say when I saw how it ends was something like a huge expletive, but more vulgar. How sad. I just hope they will think to a sequel after working to the next Assassin's Creed game.

Anyway, about the story... I don't have so much to say. As Grains of Sand, you've pull out all of the protagonist's character without distort it, that is maybe the hardest thing for a writer of fanfictions. I love the way you describe the feelings of Elika and the Prince, as they are without secrets for you. I'm writing a fanfiction about them too, and I must say it, your stories are like a gold mine for me: I must pay attention to not emulate some of your speeches! :D But they're just like this.

And that's it. Thanks for writing! :)

Lory
Anazarel chapter 1 . 7/25/2009
Aw, I loved it! You know, when I finished the game I was as angry and sad as you. This one-shot is so nice...!

By the way, have you played the epilogue? it's in Play station store, and it is set after the end of the game. it is good.
iamnuff chapter 1 . 6/14/2009
words... words cant describe the awesome. if this single page of text was any more awesome my laptop would of exploded. i am awestruck bedazzled and shocked with how i can just SEE this happening on the game.
Wolfinson chapter 1 . 6/2/2009
This is a one-shot!

WOW!
Zephyr of Shadows chapter 1 . 6/2/2009
Really wondering if you'd consider continuing this as a long-ish story... Love the way you've started this off!

Yeah, been looking for a while and damn near gave up hope of finding anything worth reviewing on fan lately, that is, until I found this story... freakin' beautifully well worded, and as previously stated, I hope you'll consider making a longer story outta this :)
USWeasilgirl chapter 1 . 5/21/2009
i give this story two thumbs up! nice ending!
Avarenda chapter 1 . 5/19/2009
OMFG...That was exquisite. Beautiful, your writing and the way you laid everything out was superb. This story is going strait to my favorites list. You really should continue this short little oneshot. I'd be so awesome.
brainfear chapter 1 . 5/17/2009
Love this! Any more fics like this?
callalili chapter 1 . 4/29/2009
This was really well done! You managed to fit a lot of character development into a relatively short work, and the trajectory of Elika's feelings toward the Prince was very believable. I love the style of your writing as well-there's a very nice flow to your words. Keep writing! :)
waiting4morning chapter 1 . 4/15/2009
I really liked this. My reaction to the end of the game was similar to yours, but I'm pleased to see that along with the angst, you managed to keep the humor that's present with the Prince's character. Well done.
tikitikirevenge chapter 1 . 3/21/2009
It's a given that no review can really do this story justice, so I'm not even going to try for anything constructive here. This will be the kind of review that does absolutely nothing for your writing craft but may, under the right circumstances, result in delusions of grandeur - the critical equivalent of fluff.

For something you apparently wrote within hours of finishing the game, you really seem to have nailed the moral ambiguity of the ending. (Okay, so there's nothing ambiguous per se about it... but I'm not sure how else to describe such a beautiful perversion of the 'love triumphs' cliche. And yes, I think it's something resembling love; either that or the Prince has been driven to insanity after months spent with nothing but a donkey for company.)

I love how you manage to inject a little levity into a very dark, emotionally charged situation. Especially in the latter half with Elika's little observations. I can't remember what they were any more, but some the adjectives in there really made me smile.

The word 'hot' - over the top? (Aha! Quasi-criticism!) To me that word has a much stronger sexual undertone than, say, 'charming'. It seems at odds with the overall tone of the piece, especially the mood Elika is projecting. Chemistry or not, I can't quite see her thinking that particular thought after what has just transpired. (That said, this may just be my the-Prince-isn't-physically-attractive bias shining through, so take that with a grain of salt.)

Also, you manage to switch between the Prince's and Elika's POV somewhere between "Fine" and "Damn you". Not really a complaint since the transition is very smooth, just... an observation... this review really is just a list of observations...

"And you’re wrong, you smug ass. I will forgive you. Eventually." - Elika acknowledging the limits of her own morality? Or just reciprocation? Either way, once *she* starts seeing herself as more than a 'grain of sand', the universe is officially devoid of people with consciences. :P

Anyway. Wonderfully plausible, compulsively readable, etcetera ad infinitum.

(P.S. Insert something irrelevant about me, Freudian-slip typos, and a character's name here.)
Still Bullet chapter 1 . 3/5/2009
Oh my...whoa! Holy...holy whoa!

So, my little tradition (which I suppose most people do) is to check out somebody's profile if they reviewed my story to see if they've got any good pieces themselves. Well, I came, I saw...and I was AMAZED!

Unfortunetly, I've only got time to read this and this only today, but that was...beautiful! You're writing really surprised me-of course, I had no idea what to expect when I clicked the title-but I was just blown away!

That was wonderful! That characters were so spot-on and the way you showed their thoughts...wow! You got into their heads so perfectly! That was amazing! I can totally imagine both the Prince and Elika acting like this!

By the way, I forgot to tell you when I was replying to your review, from what I know, the new DLC thing for Prince of Persia actually picks up from the ending. Too bad I don't have Xbox Live, 'else I'd get it right now!

That was totally an amazing story! You deserve one of each, my friend-A fave and an alert, both for you and this story!

Nice work!
Slivermane chapter 1 . 2/14/2009
I like it and no I'm not gay for saying this even ask Ash Ninja, my girlfriend.
Nyella chapter 1 . 2/9/2009
Hi, yes, it's me again ...

I can only little add to my previous review, because in both PoP-Fics, you do so amazingly well - the characters, the continuation of the storyline, the feelings, all this stuff ...

In this Fanfic, there's much more of the Prince's reasons, this dark atmosphere, which I like a lot! I like, too, that there's more conversation between the two of them. How the Prince is so serious - woah, and when he kneeled down, it was breathtaking!

I've got two little spots of ambivalence, though. First, I think it's more realistic in "The Game", when Elika took more time to get over the Prince's betrayal. It's only a structural think, however. I like it very much that they talk this way and I think, some time later it would not have been possible this way.

Second, I don't know how to like the ending. On the one hand, I feel uncomfortalbe about how the Prince cheat's Elika, how he eavesdrops on her, because it sort of destroys the whole grave atmosphere that you had created. But on the other hand, I like the ending because it does so and because the Prince's character comes through again and because he's so joyful - it's a more realistic ending, I think, and also a more hopeful one :-).

Long Story short - would you mind to write more on Pop? If I'd promise to earnestly try to review? (Or whatever you'd demand ... what about a chocolate cake? *g*)

Greetings,