Reviews for Too Few Winters
jffdjfk chapter 2 . 12/29/2010
Just my opinion. If I'm forced to choose between sending men or sending women into battles I would send in men. If I'm forced to choose between sending little boys or little girls of 5 to 8 years of age to battles I would send in little boys. However, If I'm forced to choose between sending full grown women or little 5 to 8 year old boys into battle, I would send in full grown women
Puxinette chapter 2 . 2/3/2009
Great ending. Thanks for another great story.
a rohan soldier chapter 1 . 2/1/2009
It is sad that young boys had to fight. I'm just glad that at least they aren't little ones like 6 and 7 year olds.
vectis chapter 2 . 2/1/2009
Unusual theme for a story, but the fact that two soldiers died in Afghanistan recently due to 'friendly fire', made this tale seem even more poignant. So glad it had a happy ending.

I was a bit surprised that you revealed the boy's name to the reader before Aragorn asked though.

Thank you for a lovely story.
acacia59601 chapter 2 . 2/1/2009
Wow, amazing chapter and amazing story! I can't wait to see what you do next!
Mish chapter 1 . 1/26/2009
So... when does the second chapter come? ;)
Sarahbarr17 chapter 1 . 1/26/2009
A very good opening chapter!

Sarah x
PandoraEvermore chapter 1 . 1/22/2009
This is amazing. Your discriptions of setting and character are done beautifully. There are few stories that I bother to write reviews for and even fewer that take my breath away as much as yours has done. I am greatly impressed and I am looking forward to seeing more from you.

vectis chapter 1 . 1/22/2009
So great to see a new tale from you and such an unusual idea for a storyline. That he accidentally caused the death of one of his comrades was sad enough, but the fact that he has to hide himself away with his feelings of guilt and shame is very heartbreaking (given that he is so young).

Your great use of description, you are always good at that, really helped to bring this chapter to life.
Puxinette chapter 1 . 1/22/2009
Great story so far, Shireling! Wonderful descriptions and action. Can't wait for more!
acacia59601 chapter 1 . 1/21/2009
Wow, amazing first chapter! I can't wait to see where you take this!
Princess Arimae chapter 1 . 1/21/2009
Hey, pretty good... from what I can see, so far.

Keep it up!