Reviews for With a Smile for Spring
underlings chapter 1 . 7/19/2013
wow, great characterization and character interaction! i especially loved the tight dialogue and how it flowed from one scene to the other. and the gintoki/kagura really worked here alaksjjsjs.
kirausa chapter 1 . 5/9/2013
This is such a sweet story. I kind of feel that the story is rather angsty.
Killthief99 chapter 1 . 4/5/2013
This a very unique story. It was difficult to tell if Gin did like her in a romantic way, but it seemed like there have been some hints to it. But it keeps having him put her together with Okita.
potsugi chapter 1 . 4/22/2011
Owwww, how lovely. Kinda sad.

I enjoyed the OkiKagu hint, and think you did very well with the characters -even with Hijikata, who there was just to mess up Gin's mind XD.

He being jealuos of Okita made my day, really.
Lilly-Petal chapter 1 . 7/24/2010
This is a really cute story. I would like to read more of them

Lilly-Petal
PersonalLegend chapter 1 . 12/6/2009
I'm not really a fan of GintokixKagura because of the big age gap, but I found this story to be really sweet and well-written. I really like it.
Krissel Himura chapter 1 . 7/22/2009
hahaha! really really nice! teh characters are not OC's. haha! very gintama-like. I really like Kaguraxgintoki. I think they're cute even though these is this age difference. haha! I hope you make more fics of them! Ja-ne! _
anonymous chapter 1 . 6/11/2009
I think you got the effect you were looking for. I've reread this fic three times already, I've enjoyed it so much. It kinda has this sort of timeless beauty that Gintama has (when you take away the general randomness), and the writing is lovely, and the characters are so wonderfully in character, and this is in general all good. Thank you for this piece of writing.
neko11lover chapter 1 . 6/9/2009
This was really beautiful. Thank you for writing this.
Trinity chapter 1 . 3/8/2009
Very lovely! Poignant, sweet, and wistful, I love it. The Japanese fan arts have forever branded me a GinxKagura lover, and I'm so glad to find this fic for them. I read recently at someone's LJ where they did a little break-down of everybody's ages, and they concluded that the difference in age is 7 years between Gin and Kagura, and that as of the latest chapters, they should be 24 and 17, respectively. To me, I love the relationship between the two regardless of other factors. They're protective of each other, can pull pranks and not have hurt feelings (physical hurt, maybe, though lol), and generally just caring (no matter how unconventionally it's shown).
dalilamoon21 chapter 1 . 2/7/2009
I'm curious as to how old you think they are? Their age difference is between 7-10 years. Kondo is 10 years older than Otae, I never heard anybody complaining about that one.

It is a cute story and we need more ginkagu and okikagu.
The Cabbage man's legacy chapter 1 . 2/3/2009
I did feel just a little creeped out but it was nice to him realise just how wrong it would be condisering the difference. Its weird since normally I don't agree with this pairing as see Gin as more of a father figure (yeah I know ) but it was sort of sweet and likeable because of the way you did it.
Jean V chapter 1 . 2/1/2009
This wasn't creepy as I thought it would be. Of course, I view Gin-san and Kagura's relationship as a father and daughter one, so I prolly am biased from the beginning already, haha.

Apart from a slight grammatical mistake, this is a really beautifully written story. I liked how you depict Gin-san's emotions. Wished there was more Shinpachi though. The story's not going to change my opinion about the two's relationship but good job nonetheless.
selandora chapter 1 . 2/1/2009
oh man, this was a pairing i had never thought about but this has been written so well! my opinion has completely changed, i love this very much. :)

um, but there are a few mistakes. please don't be offended by me pointing them out because i really do like this story.

'The vacuums must have be crap, if they're going for a thousand yen. He’ll probably get one anyway, and then give it to Shinpachi or something when he brakes it.'

- The vacuums must have BEEN crap

- or something when he BREAKS it.

apart from that it's amazing! :)
midnightblue08 chapter 1 . 1/31/2009
i kinda like this story...

i really love the gintoki kagura pairing

can you write some more?

ty