Reviews for On a Train, Switching Tracks
TheBoy chapter 1 . 1/22/2009
Epilogue!

Come on - its a fantastic idea.

You explored an interesting possibility for how things could go different, and I can see how tons of chapters might be cumbersome,

but show us what you think would happen if your short had occurred. Seven years later:

-Would they all be in the houses that they thought they'd be in?

-Would Ron and Hermione become friends without Harry in the same house?

-Would Neville somehow become the boy-who-lived instead of Harry?

Just a little scene that somehow shows all the similarities and differences in their futures. *shrug* No?
Schermionie chapter 1 . 1/22/2009
Love it! I've never actually seen anything like it, seen anything that made things go /quite/ like this. I absolutely adore Draco and Ron's reactions to Harry's Theory of Celebrities and how they kept the truth from him... Good thing, too, considering how things turned out in canon - I mean, Albus Severus Potter? What kind of name is that?

I think it would be pretty interesting to hear what excuses Draco and Ron come up with for the rest of the students' reactions to Harry, whether they trust Neville enough to tell him (I'm pretty sure he'd co-operate, when he learned of the danger involved), and how they make sure the teachers stay quiet on the matter. Maybe Draco could tell Snape, who in canon if you remember directly attacked Harry for being famous in his first Potions lesson, what he would help create if he said anything? That or they only think of this AFTER Snape mentions it and then have to come up with a wild story to explain it all, like Snape having an evil twin brother who tells lies or something completely ridiculous like that.

I can't really think of any particular way you'd go about writing more of this story, but I'd suggest just looking at different points in canon and seeing how much you can twist them. I'd like to see how Ron and Draco will get along - or not - and what they will explain to their respective cliques about the situation. And in the end, how far would they go to stop Harry from realising he is a celebrity? Maybe if someone sees the epilogue of DH in a crystal ball in Divination or something, I'm pretty sure that'd scare them enough.

Anywho, whether you decide to continue this or not, I very much enjoyed it. *Author alerts, just in case*
princessinct chapter 1 . 1/22/2009
Oh, I love this fic.

What a brilliant idea. Makes me wish I could read a whole HP series with those four as friends. Love it.

Thanks.
LOTReader chapter 1 . 1/22/2009
This is great! I love how you've been able to create a different scenario to how the confrontation in the train could have gone that would have made the whole series go differently. The inclusion of all the celebrity names is very funny. Good job!
889 | « Prev Page 1 .. 50 57 58 59 60