Reviews for Stepping Stones
Hidari chapter 24 . 2/5
Awww so much cuter. Glad to see he's finally learning something.
Hidari chapter 20 . 2/5
I'm enjoying this so much but Hikaru is annoying me! He's very rude. Being American is not an excuse. Plus he's got internet. Hello, google tv in Japanese and have Sai read it? At least canon Hikaru wasn't tech savvy. This one has no excuse.
Hidari chapter 19 . 2/5
I must say for someone really smart Hikaru's acting dumb. Sure his cluelessness was cute at the start but it's wearing thin now. What? He's never heard of a map? Nowadays gps is on phones too.
Hidari chapter 6 . 2/5
Loving it so far. Only thing is, the trains in Tokyo do have English translations. Easy enough to get around and not get lost. And I'm saying this as a tourist who has no Japanese.
Anon-kun chapter 1 . 1/28
I don’t know if I should be amused or offended because the mame jamal is used. That’s may name yo.
mikaerusan chapter 14 . 1/10
I finally figured out why parts of this story feel so damn weird. His dad is japanese, and he never ONCE took his family out for japanese food while in the US? I'm sorry, but not only is that a ridiculous thought, it makes no sense, as Japanese eateries, mostly Sushi joints are COMMON in the US and have been easily accessible since at least the early 80s. Hikaru not even knowing what it is from the US just doesn't click, even for a soccer obsessed kid.
CRyogenic-maelStr01m chapter 27 . 12/11/2017
I should probably point out they usually use "-sensei" with professionals of any trade, including Go, not "-sama." I want milkshakes now...
CRyogenic-maelStr01m chapter 26 . 12/11/2017
Uh oh, are the kids gonna spill about not seeing Jaro in the room?
CRyogenic-maelStr01m chapter 24 . 12/11/2017
this chapter is a ball of fluff i'm so glad heihachi knows about sai
CRyogenic-maelStr01m chapter 22 . 12/11/2017
1. Akira's just so done with this and it's adorable
2. There's this thing called a proxy that Hikaru would probably appreciate, VPNs are better but good ones don't come free, Tor's even better but I have a few concerns about lag and NetGo's script even working on it
CRyogenic-maelStr01m chapter 20 . 12/11/2017
Y'know, I just remembered... Japanese school years start in April and end in March. He has about three months before the school year ends xD
CRyogenic-maelStr01m chapter 19 . 12/11/2017
Laughing bc there is actually still rice on a number of Asian McD menus, though they do also have bits of the American menus. Gonna presume they have the pancakes because boy would I be disappointed if they didn't.
CRyogenic-maelStr01m chapter 17 . 12/11/2017
"Gomen" by itself is acceptable if he hasn't done anything particularly bad iirc, especially since Akira is a friend on first-name basis the same age. "Sumimasen" or "suimasen" are also acceptable, I'd say "suman ne" or "wari na" would suit him more for this situation except I doubt Hikaru has really covered informal/rude Japanese just yet.
CRyogenic-maelStr01m chapter 16 . 12/11/2017