Reviews for After Life
Admiralkirk chapter 1 . 4/22/2013
wow I could never think of Crake and Oryx argueing like this, I know you're probably not around anymore but I just finisned the book a few days ago (because of English class but I ended up really liking it) and knowing Oryx she might actually just be like "Liufe is life, and it can end and begin at anytime" as for Crake(if I interpreted him right in the book and your short here) he knew the world was dieing because of the humans and he thought "Why should the humans drag everything down with them?" so ya in a way I think Crake really does deserve to be up there in heaven.
Eru no Tsubasa chapter 1 . 12/8/2011
Very nice! Although I did not think that Oryx would have felt so compassionate for humanity, taking into account her childhood... even though she says she's accepted it, it feels more like denial to me than true acceptance... she always tries to deny it's her. Crake is such a fascinating character, no? ;) Thanks for writing! XD
VanillaMostly chapter 1 . 7/20/2011
aww, if you're hinting that Crake didn't kill Jimmy because he still loved his friend too much for that... THEN YAY!

Seriously... the possiblehopefullyreal bromance between Jimmy and Crake nearly made me cry when I read the book! I'm serious!
An IB student chapter 1 . 11/3/2010
dear dear god

you know, here i am, sitting in my seat reading Oryx and Crake for English homework and i just thought: hey i wonder if anyone did a fanfic on oryx and crake? I totally did not expect to see fanfics on this book!

But anyway, this is great. I love CrakexOryx, I'm fine with JimmyxOryx, but there's no mystery there, almost no romantic notion... anyway... i applaud you for writing this.
Pray for me. Pray chapter 1 . 8/24/2009
Nice...the fact that this is an Oryx and Crake fic makes me so happy already.

It's an interesting piece of work, I thought Crake would be devastated to know that some humans survived too. Hehe.
Mizuninoneko chapter 1 . 2/4/2009
OMG! *glomps* I had to glomp you for the pure and simple fact that you wrote fanfiction for the bestest book in the world which I live my cynical politically contemptuos (
fledge chapter 1 . 1/25/2009
You really put your finger on the main idea of the novel. And you are as mean to your readers as Atwood herself is...

One typo: MALEVOLENCE; NOT MAVOLANCE, otherwise very well written.
carino2 chapter 1 . 1/22/2009
*claps*

Go Oryx & Crake fic!

Only thing is, I thought Crake was perhaps a bit OOC sometimes. I don't see him getting so...emotional.

He always seemed to keep that inside a bit.

I like Oryx, though. :D

Perhaps if you put more description; more development of the setting, it would be better?

Good job.