Reviews for and keep this silent memento safe
emma de los nardos chapter 1 . 7/8/2014
Oh how perfectly lovely! Interesting to think how LMM wrote some characters as 'queer' even before they would have been acknowledged as such. I liked what you did with this pairing and wish you had continued!
Belle Mort 13 chapter 1 . 9/15/2009
this is beautifuly writen

well done

and it is so adorable that i want to hug them

[laugh]

blessed be
AnneOfTheIsland chapter 1 . 9/3/2009
That was so lovely... really nice...
Sporkmetender chapter 1 . 5/27/2009
I really enjoyed this. I think the actual age difference was probably a bit greater, but this is very plausible-Paul and Walter seem like very natural kindred spirits, and the unspoken longing and the mutual awkwardness are very well-written. Beautiful and a bit heart-breaking.
Grim Lupine chapter 1 . 5/13/2009
Well, I read it, and put in my C2, and forgot to review it! *facepalm*

I think this is beautiful piece of writing. I am a fan of rarepairs, and Paul and Walter are two of my favorite LMM characters. You convey the atmosphere of this piece effortlessly, the tension between the two of them that ends so bittersweetly.

This is really very lovely. :)
no username chapter 1 . 5/9/2009
This was really beautifully written, with original ideas that were well executed. Seeing one of those things in this fandom is pretty rare, all of them together is amazing.

Slash with LMM characters usually squicks me out, but I guess that's because it usually seems wildly out of character to me, and this didn't.

Someone else said in the books Paul is much older than Walter, I'm glad you made Paul younger as I agree it would have been sketchy otherwise. I've never seen a story with this pairing before and I really like it.

I really really hope you write more for this fandom. Of course I would love to see more of *this* story, but I would totally read and review a new one as well.
coonassblondie chapter 1 . 4/28/2009
This was amazing! I suppose I've never given much thought to this pairing, as slash and LMM don't seem to go together in my brain, but you've done a wonderful job of it here. Especially in regards to Paul's internal monologue. Loved it!
gwenivere73 chapter 1 . 3/3/2009
Very different pairing, it wasn't too bad though. Maybe you can come up with more between this pair.
A Forgotten One chapter 1 . 1/30/2009
no offense but i found your story really was definately not like that, and i doubt paul was either.

think again next time.

no offense
ThomasWalkman chapter 1 . 1/23/2009
This is good, and sweet, in an odd way. I never really thought of Paul/Walter, although 1)Rarepairs make some of the best fanfic and 2) They are very alike in a way.

I like Anne in this, by the way.
ladyofthelake947 chapter 1 . 1/23/2009
It was very well written, although Paul is about 22 years older than Walter in the books isn't he? I'm glad you changed the age so things aren't too uneven!