Reviews for Veela One Half
NightmareKnight1 chapter 4 . 1/22
Is this fic dead? Hasn't been updated in four years. Seems a real shame that something this good just ends suddenly.
Kitten Arina chapter 4 . 11/21/2015
It is a shame that this story has sat for as long as it has. Especially sense you have yet to bring in Flur from the Harry Verse that we all so know and love. What you have done has been prettty amazing even if I would have liked it if you had Kept Ranma as a red head when he changes. But other then that I do think you have a wonderful story here and I truly wish that it had been continued instead of being abandon like it has.
Kitten Arina chapter 3 . 11/21/2015
This is very interesting while I may have not liked some of the changes that you have done in this story. I will say that this one is a nice surprise and seems to fit and maybe should have been apart of the Original stuff that I love so much.
Kitten Arina chapter 2 . 11/21/2015
While I am happy to read that Ranma did actually get cursed and I do admit that this is your story I personally find it better that Ranma was a red head and not a blonde. To many people love Blondes and think that they are gods gift to Man while that may be your preference I like it when the characters aren't always blondes. I like Hermione because of the Brown untameable hair. I like Ranma when they focus on her being a firey Red head. I like Salior Mercury with her strange blackish blue hair. So I personally think you were crazy for changing the Ranko's hair from red to blonde.
Kitten Arina chapter 1 . 11/21/2015
I am sorry but I just don't see any of this. While I do believe in his own stick and twisted way that Genma does love Ranma I honestly do not believe that he would have prevented Ranma from getting cursed. Nor do I feel that a story thatprevents Ranma from getting the female curse is going to be able to stay true to the character or Ranma rather if it is a cross over type of story or a straight up cannon type of story.
donald7777 chapter 4 . 3/22/2015
Let hope the next chapter will come out this year, like your other stories this one is quite well written and I look forward to seeing how Ranma survives being surrounded by magic. hehehe
Godogma chapter 4 . 3/22/2014
Overall... I was very unimpressed.

Somehow you came to the conclusion that the whole world would act like Magical Britain about "pure bloods" and have the same bigotry, then you followed up with lots of rank stupidity...

Instead of changing things around because they aren't on a tiny island full of idiots you based the entire culture of Wizarding Japan on Wizarding England. Would it have killed you to do a bit of research on the Feudal Era of Japan if you were going to make them out to be backwards morons instead of ripping chunks straight from Harry Potter that frankly don't fit?

The easiest way to control the Jusenkyo curse? Just use a damn water repelling charm, it's not a hard spell and could probably be easily enchanted into something or charmed onto it... It's in true Ranma 1/2 style even; waterproof soap isn't all that expensive and completely blocks the curse.

As a matter of fact it should have been mandatory for them before they ever left the village. Since all it takes is ONE splash of water and BAM, there goes the Statute of Secrecy.

Also, judging by the almost latin of every incantation the wand originated somewhere in Italy during the Roman Empire. Not England which also uses crude latinate incantations.

I liked the more intelligent Genma, I kinda liked the Amazons; most everything else in this fic needs some serious work if you intend to continue it.
iceland chapter 3 . 2/21/2014
good story to read and wonder how fleur will be able to teach ranma about veelas and magic.
The Keeper of Worlds chapter 4 . 2/6/2014
Very interesting:). Please update soon!
spicarus chapter 4 . 1/21/2014
Very good, you should continue the story.
I should point out, though, that if Genma wants to keep Ranma out of the hands of the Saotomes then sending him to a magical school, even if it is only for a few days, is not a good idea. If the Saotomes are as influential as you imply, then it won't be long until they find out that Ranma is a wizard. I don't know what actions they'll take, but I'm sure they'll take some kind of action.
flairina chapter 4 . 12/19/2013
Ah, I read this a while back and enjoyed it; not sure why I never commented on it. I like how original this AU seems to be, very interesting concepts. I'm especially appreciative that Genma isn't vilified and is more a victim of circumstance, nice to see that instead of the norm for a change. I do hope this gets continued at some point, it has real potential.
Treant Balewood chapter 4 . 11/30/2013
This was a fun read, Thanks for Writing! Can't wait to see what happens next.
kapuis chapter 4 . 8/17/2013
Excellent story.
I like the meeting between Ranma and the Amazon and also with the Tendo.
I really hope that you continue this story and to see Fleur in the next chapter.
peter chapter 4 . 8/16/2013
how will ranma deal with what the magic world treats veelas.
RPhysics chapter 4 . 7/31/2013
[[I'm commenting as I go along in the story, so I don't forget about anything I wanted to add. Sorry if it's a bit annoying or hard to understand what I'm talking about]]

Wow, there wasn't any engagements? I suppose there wouldn't be given Genma's life with Nodoka, but I was still expecting it. Not that I'm complaining, I think it's better this way.

You know, despite the fact that you mentioned their mother was a witch and Soun worked part time at the ministry, I was expecting all the Tendo's to be squibs. Not sure why. Glad to see Akane still likes martial arts though. Nabiki taking potions makes sense, she fits that character pretty well. Bit of a scary thought though, Nabiki capable of magic.

Soun trains aurors in martial arts? Given how most of the magical community acts, it seems like they'd scoff at such an idea. Japan could simply be different though, since the Saotome head wasn't exactly surprised that Genma managed to knock him down. Somebody like Lucius or Malfoy would consider it absurd for a muggle to do that.

WOAH WOAH WOAH! RANMA IS ONLY 14?! Did I miss something or did you just not mention that yet? Jeez. I suppose you want to get Ranma to be at Hogwarts for the Tri-Wizard cup? Should be interesting

Oh? Wasn't Kimiko a really good cook, since Kasumi learned from her cook book? It's an AU, so it's not a problem, but still.

Crap, another reason besides to get Ranma away from horrible relatives? Doesn't sound good. I'm expecting a conflict soon, and it'll probably be ugly.

Go Amazons! They did quite a bit of work on Ranma in just a month since he's actually attacking Akane back. It's really a good thing how you aren't following canon events, just a general outline (so far) of the events.

Hahaha, nice spell names. Oddly enough, Vomito is an actual latin word for "Vomit Forth". As for Restricto, perhaps Incarcerous would work better. It is an actual canon spell that binds somebody with ropes. Instead of Itchus, maybe Tarantallegra would work as it makes the victims legs dance uncontrollably.

I can see why they'd worry about Jusenkyo, but Ranma wasn't exactly known for lying well in canon. His dad covered for him this time, but other times? May be quite troublesome.

I half expected Akane to be attracted to Ranma, or maybe even Nabiki. Speaking of, how would somebody who is bisexual react to a Veela?

Not sure about how editing works on fanfiction, but wrong pronoun on this line: "Sure, he knew about animagi..."

Nabiki...pleasure slave and potion ingredients?! Crap, you mentioned discrimination and hatred, but I didn't think it'd extend this far and to this level. This certainly changes the story a lot and adds quite some conflict.

You know, now that I think about it, I think I've had Akane's character all mixed up for a long time. I had thought that you changed her character with how nice she was to Ranma at the start, but looking at the manga, she doesn't distrust a boy UNTIL she has reason to believe he was perverted. She just allows very few excuses and will take a lot of reasons unless she's trusted them for a while (like Ryoga). Thanks for that :O

Oh, now that's ironic. Instead of the fathers, the mothers got drunk and made a pact. Glad it's only an omai though :D

So it's been over a year since you last updated, almost two years. Well, while it's unlikely you'll finish the story, I'm stay anticipating a few new chapters to read. Thanks for taking the time to write all of this!