Reviews for The Short Way Home
heartmom88 chapter 5 . 5/28/2012
So... I was just sitting around waiting for "Bat out of Hell" to update when I thought I'd take a peek at this. :D I'm not familiar with the original, but your story stands well on its own. A real nail biter. Please keep writing!

hm88
grrarrg0908 chapter 5 . 5/1/2009
Wow, that was great! I loved it! You really had the characters spot on, I could almost hear them speaking!
Complicity chapter 5 . 3/5/2009
Oh I like this.

Tons of pace, really gripping & with nice ashes style ending - leaves us guessing! Would love to hear more about what Gene knows, though, and what that means! if you ever think about a sequel, that is!

Sarah
Siggy chapter 5 . 2/4/2009
Lovely ending to a lovely story. Worth it just for the image of Gene on a motorbike :-)
Gem6 chapter 5 . 2/3/2009
Oh excellent, love it! Lovely finishing chapter!

theHuntgoeson chapter 5 . 2/3/2009
Oh, wow! I can keep going for days on the vision of Gene on a motorbike, black coat streaming out behind him. “Saving your life and my car, though not necessarily in that order”, what a very Gene remark! A most exciting conclusion to the story. More soon, please!
theHuntgoeson chapter 4 . 2/2/2009
Oh, no! What was I saying about cliffhangers? Surely Gene will give chase as soon as he realises she's taken the keys. And will she be blown up and get back home, or just get blown up? (At least she got to kiss him on the way...) Put us out of our suspense soon! Please!
theHuntgoeson chapter 3 . 2/2/2009
This is getting really good. The deciphering of the Irish conundrum (and Shaz, as usual, coming up with the really helpful information) is spot on, and some of the dialogue - “Looks impressive, but plays hell with your hips” and "that lot couldn’t find a fanny in a convent" - sounds as though it comes straight from the series. In the middle of it all, the sudden, sharp pang of Alex's memory of Molly. And a nice cliffhanger to finish! Great.
Gem6 chapter 4 . 2/2/2009
No! She can't do that!

Don't let her do that! Please!

Can't wait for the next chapter!

Gem6 chapter 3 . 2/1/2009
Loving it! Am very much looking forwards to seeing where you take this one!

louella chapter 3 . 1/31/2009
This was great - loved the puzzle, and the teamwork in getting the answer. Really liked Shaz's line about regional folklore - brilliantly in character. Looking forward to the next chapter.
Siggy chapter 3 . 1/30/2009
Interesting chapter - great plot development and especially nice use of Shaz as the brains who partly solves the puzzle.
theHuntgoeson chapter 2 . 1/25/2009
Ah, an IRA threat with a cryptic clue to liven things up. Better get Viv onto that. Before that, I enjoyed the banter between Gene and Alex. More soon, please.
theHuntgoeson chapter 1 . 1/25/2009
NIce atmospheric start - maybe the beginning of Series 2 will be something like this. I look forward to more.
Siggy chapter 2 . 1/25/2009
A good intruguing start and am looking forward to more