Reviews for A Crisis of Faith
Wind Spirt chapter 4 . 9/25/2011
So sad you stopped, please don't give up!
Wind Spirt chapter 4 . 9/25/2011
So sad you stopped, please don't give up!
Eldra chapter 4 . 3/24/2011
Loved this story! Good pacing, great wording, and the interaction between the characters is very interesting to read. Also, I like the way you've portrayed Maul. Fanfic writers usually tend to over-romanticize him - or, portray him as someone who is extremely violent/sadistic even in situations where it doesn't make much sense -, so it was refreshing to see your take on him. I really hope to read more of this story some day. :)
ShadowBallad chapter 4 . 8/29/2010
Hi!

Just stopping by to say, awesome story! Darth Maul is my favourite character in Star Wars (I have an action figure to prove it too, hahaha!) and the one reason to watch Episode 1 (besides Qui-Gon Jinn, in my humblest of opinions). :)

But anyway: Love the premise, and your original character Alan too. He's very intriguing, especially after Maul seemed to hit on a sore point of whether or not he's really a Jedi. It really makes me want to know what happens next!

I'm definitely looking forward to more Maul awesomeness. :)

Cheers - And may the Force be with you! :)

Ballad
Elkian chapter 2 . 3/26/2010
XD OH, the bit about taking 200 pounds of human male in the face...I laughed

I'm assuming he got kicked or body slammed or something?
Chandlia chapter 4 . 3/1/2010
Stumbled upon this while on a Maul-reading-spree (something every good Star Wars fan should have at least once). _ This strikes me as a challenge to write, as you have to balance Maul's natural reticence with having the plot/dialogue proceeding apace. Alan seems like an interesting character, and I find myself worrying about his future (and past). Hmm... Wonder if we'll find out what Sidious really intended/intends with Alan: outright ransom doesn't seem his style. Looking forward to Chapter Five!
Litta chapter 4 . 11/8/2009
Please, please, please update soon! I am intrigued by your story about Darth Maul, as it's the best one I've found that's longer than one chapter. I love what you've written so far. You seem to have a well-developed writing style, and I agree that you are only writing the story the characters are telling you. I love the tense situation and can't wait to see what happens next.
lexophile42 chapter 1 . 8/26/2009
I would love to beta for this story!
okowita36 chapter 4 . 6/5/2009
I must admit that I'm rather surprised by Alan's decision to let Maul wander around the ship unsupervised. Definitely not something I'd do!

I'm usually not a fan of Maul dialogue - most of it is terribly out of character - but you do sound convincing in this chapter.

Still hungry for more! ;)
skywalker05 chapter 4 . 6/3/2009
A little too much talking in this one for me ("I'm not a dumb brute" was in particular too poetic for him, I'd say) but you're still keeping me wanting more. The dialogue was really nice, otherwise-really terse and with the rhythms of real speech. And you've achieved a nice balance between Maul's quietude and the need for conversation in the story-""Don't play games with me." seemed to fit particularly. Not gonna lie, I zoom in on this fic no matter what else is in my e-mail inbox. Good work.
moved1account chapter 4 . 6/3/2009
This is really cool. I can't wait for the next chapter!
Vicious Dice chapter 3 . 5/19/2009
I like it.
okowita36 chapter 3 . 5/12/2009
This is a really good story! I hope you're going to continue it. I look forward to the next chapter!
Sara Esperanza chapter 3 . 5/6/2009
This is quite interesting so far. I'll be keeping an eye on this story.

And enormous thanks for keeping Maul in character. Not an easy thing to do(I know from experience) but you're doing a very good job.

Update soon!
skywalker05 chapter 3 . 5/1/2009
Tons of fun. Have I told you before how rare it is to find a well-written Maul action story? FFN needs more of this and less romance dreck. Keep it up.

You use "midsection" twice in adjacent sentences near the beginning; I suggest avoiding that repetition. Otherwise, while the chapter is short, I saw no other indication of it being a first draft.

When we fought, he seemed relatively inexperienced." Owch! That'll tick Maul off.

Here "Maul barely had enough time to block it." I was a bit confused because you'd never expressly said that Maul took the Jedi's lightsaber, only that he knocked it away.

Win! Maul has taken out his wrath on whatever happened to be nearby-the ship's engine!-and now we've got another conflict for both characters to deal with. Woot! It's interesting that the Jedi seems to be edging toward the dark side already.

I wonder how Sidious is going to deal with this?

Anyway, you have made my fantarted little heart pleased. Keep up the good work in this vein and I'll, I don't know, compliment you again.