Reviews for A Crisis of Faith
nannon chapter 3 . 4/28/2009
I have to say, I'm really loving this story right now. I really like your characterization of Maul.
skywalker05 chapter 2 . 2/24/2009
You've got some really impressive wording here. "cratered" as a verb-fantastic!

"tattooed from head to foot" makes me wonder what Maul is wearing here.

Thanks for clarifying about the age.

Capitalize "force" when it means the Jedi's power!

I didn't like "Come out, come out, wherever you are..." Too silly, too earthling, too extraneous for his focused thoughts. But he's spot-on in character elsewhere-loved the analyzation of both himself and his possibilities of escape-and that's so refreshing after so much bad fan fiction about him.

Love your prose and physical description, and now I'm worried about what's going to happen next. I'm really enjoying this so far (although I'd like to know why Alan is on this planet.) Also, I'd like there to be a sign of when you're switching point of views-you go from Alan's to Maul's without break, and while it's clear where one ends and another begins, it'd be clearer (and follow prose conventions better) if you clarified or picked one.

I can very clearly, if not see, feel the place you describe-see the colors of the lights reflecting off the water on the ground. Excellent.

Not to sound infantile, but, update soon. _
Nuclear Chick chapter 2 . 2/24/2009
Ah, very good! I like how you did the fight :D
Nuclear Chick chapter 1 . 2/3/2009
oh, this is pretty good! Will this be a multiple chapter or a one shot?
Special K the Great chapter 1 . 1/25/2009
Well, I'm not really into Star Wars despite my brother's best efforts. That being said, I'm reading for fic simply because you're you.

I don't know where to begin. I love your discriptions. If I could bottle the style you write discriptions and mass produce it, I would end up rather wealthy if i do say so.

I also liked the way you shifted POV. for me, that is one of the most annoying things to write. It was really well done.

The ending was also very effective as well.

"Maul targeted the back of the Jedi's head.

And fired."

Pure. Magic.
skywalker05 chapter 1 . 1/23/2009
Impressive. I really like your attention to detail-small things like "Maul gritted his teeth"-and the use of "snapped" for the lightsaber ignition. The chapter was a little short, and I'd like more clarification as to how old Maul is at this time, but right now I'm very interested.
brockenblue chapter 1 . 1/23/2009
The difference in perspectives between the Jedi and Maul is really interesting - it comes across not in the sterotypical "haha I'm evil and you are not" way - but the difference in word-choice and in pacing really sets them apart. Alan is reflective, observant, and yet still effectively trapped. (I love the wording used for him, especially the verbs : words battered inside his skill, the thought had plagued him without rapprochement for hours, he sallied forth) Maul on the other hand is clearly young, frustrated and excited...and yet his simpler diction gets to a kind of clearness of character - there is not a lot of back and forth, his decisions are simple even if his desires are strong. It is this strength of purpose and the simplicity with which he undertakes his attack which makes him a Sith.

So that is a long-winded way of saying I enjoyed it ;-)
22 | « Prev Page 1 2