Reviews for Reliquary of Words
Guest chapter 1 . 2/2/2009
I am so, so glad to see you did in fact come back to this. Although... I thought I was supposed to be beta-ing? *headscratch* At any rate, aside from a few grammar quibbles, this was amazing. I felt absolutely devastated on Komui's behalf by the end - he may have been able to one-up the Church and maybe set the world on a better path, but only after losing everything else that gave meaning to his life. I can't imagine him having any kind of future after the end of the fic, which is terribly depressing, but equally very effective.

The new additions and fleshing-out of the story were really welcome - it's now quite easy to understand the logical progression of events, what role Cross played, how things transpired in the end. A couple things do still bug me though... it's never really clear what the petitioners and the protestors are trying to fight back against, other than a general sense that the Church is responsible. Also, it's incidental to the point of the story in some ways, but I can't help wondering- why was Komui transferred from HQ to Rome in the first place? And if he's still Supervisor and busy with all those responsibilities, why was he personally involved with the research/experimentation on Tyki, which seems more likely something that would be delegated to a Science Department team?

These points aside, it is a very haunting (...literally?) and thought-provoking read. Thanks for another great fic.
Krysalis chapter 1 . 1/25/2009
Loved it to death.

Komui ftw.
xoxo chapter 1 . 1/25/2009
i liked it a lot, though i may not have understood everything. good job.
Jalael chapter 1 . 1/25/2009
I love this story. Its very well written, thoughtful and original. I could just imagine how long it took you to write this. _; Job well done!
kai.yune chapter 1 . 1/23/2009
i'm sorry to say that i've always been a lurker with your fics; always reading but never reviewing. but i feel i can't leave this story alone, especially with it's so under-appreciated and under-reviewed.

i read this fic when it was posted the first time, and even though it was incomplete and had a lot of gaps, i loved it after the first paragraph, and despite all its flaws it was still fun to read. i think this newer version you posted right now is just downright a pleasure to read through. komui's role in the new world is more clearly defined, as well as tyki's part in his plans. in the old version i didn't really understand what part cross played in the whole thing, but now i realize why and i feel the whole thing is just downright tragic how no one really pays any attention to komui when he tells them to have patience, and in the end komui is left in the new world alone (well... there is lavi... sequel?)

so all in all i loved this story, please, don't ever stop writing.
panda chapter 1 . 1/23/2009
Omg, this is amazing. By the end of it, I can't say I understand everything, but the language and the imagery, it's just beautiful. I love it so much!

But...

Ravi's left alone now! Uhuhuhuhu...
d.egoist chapter 1 . 1/23/2009
simply perfect.
regretfullyYours chapter 1 . 1/23/2009
So well written... I loved the quotes and I loved Komui and I loved everything about it, especially how at the end of all things, Komui kind of was in control of everything. I really love this dark world you've painted through this fic. Ganbatte!