Reviews for Exhilarating
bearlee-there chapter 1 . 3/21/2009
I don't know why I didn't see this when it was first published but you have certainly captured exactly and precisely what I was feeling - what I wantd - after I saw this epi. The style of this is so well done. I absolutely loved the one-line declarations. It set up the following paragraphs perfectly.

So many lovely sentiments expressed so wonderfully. Here are a few of my favorites:

Booth considered himself to be a man's man, complete with gun, badge, and an attitude to match. He could take down a suspect, garner a confession, and protect his loved ones with a fierceness that truly knew no real boundaries. Yet here he was, confronted with the trembling but determined words of this slip of a woman, and he was undone.

A realization was dawning on her, coming up behind her like a thief, so as not to draw her attention until it was too late.

He told her without words that she could do this, that he welcomed it, even though he could feel his heart coiled in his chest like a racehorse waiting for the gate to be flung open. If he didn't die from the sheer shock of the words that were surely going to come from her mouth next, then he would fling himself forward, leaning into the race, ready to run full out in hopes of claiming the prize.

Then this line brought tears to my eyes for its poignancy:

He was a condemned man and this was his last supper, a feast of rich proportions. How could he possibly survive such agonizing sweetness?

You ended it on just the right note of light-heartedness. So B/B.

Thank you so much for posting.
amyylasee chapter 1 . 3/14/2009
once again... LOVE IT!

the ending was amazing, i really wish that did happen between them [ would of been gr8!

but we still have the final coming up, will be great!

Keep writing pleasee!

x
hpaich chapter 1 . 3/6/2009
What a great job you did with this. It is a very believable, tender continuation of the scene. Brennan wasn't the only one breathless - I kept catching my breath, wondering what was next!

Very good use of metaphors; they were all appropriate and very effective. And the progression of the story is simply first-rate.

Wonderfully done!

Heather
TemperTemper chapter 1 . 2/20/2009
I adored this! SO sweet and them :)
SunlitAbyss chapter 1 . 2/12/2009
Wow. I'm very impressed by your depictions of the emotions and their characters... just Wow.
missdebra87 chapter 1 . 1/30/2009
I absolutely loved it. Great job!
meliecom chapter 1 . 1/30/2009
WOW ! I'm just really speachless right now ! :D It was just AWESOME ! Really ! It's amazing ! I loved it ! You made me cry and shiver... Just to say... Anyway... Great job !
LeahElizabeth chapter 1 . 1/28/2009
YES YES YES. So romantic. I loved it.
Dakota Kent chapter 1 . 1/26/2009
I loved that you put both of their personal thoughts in this, and your way with words is exquisite. This is great.
Anne chapter 1 . 1/25/2009
That was an extraordinary story. Thank you so much for writing it! I too, was a big X-Files fan and that was when I first starting reading fanfic (when I was a mother with young children). Bones has also filled the hole for me after the end of the X-Files. Thank you for giving me a beautiful moment of relaxation after spending a day with a houseful of kids!
A-Karana chapter 1 . 1/25/2009
Aw, that was sweet, really love it!
Lauren chapter 1 . 1/25/2009
Perfection!

You captured them both perfectly.

Perfect.
SilviahPaulain chapter 1 . 1/24/2009
This was perfect. Thanks for sharing your great imagination.

Loved it :)
jedijanine chapter 1 . 1/24/2009
A very nice scene that could have been fitted nicely at the end of the episode. Great job with keeping them in character and adding in the changes that seem to be going through their minds. Your story achieves a great leap forward but then nicely returns us to the fantastic simplicity of them just skating. Great job!
ZombieMonkey chapter 1 . 1/24/2009
Wow, what an amazing inspirational story! The emotions you portray in this are amazing, I really felt Bones' hesitation and nerves as she tried to portray her feelings. I couldn't imagine how hard that must have been, but the end result was wonderful!

You just know Booth i waiting for something like this to happen, and when it does I hope the writers do something like this. I can't begin to even start writing what I'm feeling with this but I can tell you I shed a tear of happiness. It was totally in character.

Great job!