Reviews for When Aslan Roars
Midnight Veil chapter 1 . 8/27/2010
this was beautifully written. I could almost picture myself in the story, feeling the emotions as I read on. You really caught Aslan's powerful and spiritual characteristics, and for that I give you a 5/5! :) (and a spot in my favorites haha).
Rasberry Parfait chapter 1 . 6/22/2009
This is amazing. It actually made me cry-in a good way-and I'm not an easy cryer.
Balletluver395 chapter 1 . 6/15/2009
Awesome story! I love it! I'm a christian too it's cool to find a fellow christian on FF. Keep writing awesome stories!
Wildfire2 chapter 1 . 2/6/2009
I loved how she thought of each of her siblings. It was very well done, I always thought her leason was the hardest, loosing her whole family.

Thanks for writing.

Wildfire
Daniyell37 chapter 1 . 2/4/2009
this was so amazing

i was crying the whole time, though i have been on the verge of tears all week due to stress lol

this was so amazingly written i felt like i was acually reading a book

LucyCrewe11 chapter 1 . 2/2/2009
that was very in-deepth and although this plot has been done a million times before when a lot of deepth is added to it, it doesn't get old. In all honesty, I think it could have been a little better in some parts but this is a very hard theme to put into a one shot and all things considered, it was quite good.
unicorn-skydancer08 chapter 1 . 2/2/2009
That was magnificent. Though I didn't exactly cry while reading this, it did touch me emotionally. I love the feeling of spirituality in this, too. Overall, extremely sad, yet extremely well-written.
fledge chapter 1 . 1/25/2009
An admirable story indeed. There are rather a lot of fics about this topic around, but this ir definitely among the top group. Clever not to show the actual moment of her receiving the message - don't expect anyone who has not experienced anything like that themselves could ever write it convincingly. It might have been interesting though, to see your take on WHY she has ceased to be a Friend of Narnia: Just because she gets too involved in the silliest time of her life, of rather because being excluded from Narnia hurts her more than everyone else?

Of course you could - and should - do something more: TWO parts, actually; one where she learns Aslan's real name in our world, and another where she is finally re-united with Him and her family.

Two typos that I could spot: I would give you some (electric) shock if you shook a MAIN, and I can't really imagine what panty HOES might be good in the garden. (But don't worry, you get both words right when they come up again.) And let me congratulate you on the use of the Present Perfect Tense - it seems to be dying out these days...
Miniver chapter 1 . 1/24/2009
A very nice and meaningful Susanfic. You did a fine job of showing Susan's emotional stages through the story, from devastation at her loss to beginning to realize that Narnia was a true memory, to the serenity given by Aslan. You asked for constructive criticism: I'll mention that that pantyhose weren't invented until much later. Instead, women wore nylon stockings. This is a trivial point, but the detail would be useful to you in setting the scene, because nylons had been impossible to find during the War, and by 1949 they would be an eagerly sought indulgence by glamor girls such as Susan. In any case, this doesn't spoil the effect of your story at all, because you got Aslan and Susan right!
purple.bookworm.girl chapter 1 . 1/24/2009
This was interesting...I've never thought of doing a Susan-fic before. I'm glad she finally realized the truth. Good job!
BlindingFirefly chapter 1 . 1/23/2009
I applaud you for writing this! I'm a Christian author as well, and it's difficult to balance writing religion without making it obnoxious. I think you've done very well, and I love this story. I always felt so sorry for Susan; I love how you wrote her reflections on her siblings. Can you imagine, losing your entire family in one moment and being the only one left? *shudders* But I think you explored it very well. I think Aslan would say something along the lines of, "Well done, dear handmaiden."