Reviews for Mind Over Matter
Shadowapple42 chapter 16 . 6/25/2014
This was a very good story, I enjoyed reading it. I felt that it jumped around a lot though, I sometimes found it hard to keep track. Either way it was a good story. I would love to read a sequel to it one day.
HecatonchiresLM chapter 16 . 6/18/2014
Really enjoyed this. The writing style made me wish then game covered all these moments like you did :)
Pyryp chapter 2 . 6/15/2014
Your Shepard feels and speaks like a teenage punk. I'll never understand why people think that's cool.
thelegendarysupernerd chapter 1 . 1/28/2014
This looks like it will be rather awesome.
The Anguished One chapter 16 . 1/1/2014
This story is amazing. Thank you for writing it. I love this Shepard. He is renegade, but still a good guy. Are you planning on writing a sequel?
The Anguished One chapter 4 . 12/10/2013
That line about the Asari picking out colors just made my day. Thanks.
Mr.MCblue chapter 1 . 6/26/2013
I want to say many good things about this story. I want to congratulate you for writing a really fun story. I want to tell you the reasons I think you are one of my most favorite authors.
I cannot write all this down because my review would just be too long. ;)

This story is in my opinion the best story with the “butcher of Torfan”. You gave him a great background and a really great personality. I thought I would die after I read the second chapter.

"Shepard," he growled, "what do you have to say for yourself?"
"Fuck da police!"

Just awesome. :)
Ibskib chapter 16 . 11/18/2012
Did Shepards sister die in the raid, and got raped there, or did she end up the rest of her live as a slave, felt like it was a bit unclear. Although it was nice to see the reason for the punch.
Will there be a sequel? This feels more like the first book in a series. This fic is a great mix of a darker, more mature story, and humour that made me laugh out loud several times, so... give me more, please :-)
Some of the things I would be looking forward to:
More verbal abuse from Ash to her marines.
Ash/John relationsship going further.
The background story expanded.
Shepard getting more out of his biotics, perhaps managing to become an adept again, or at least getting to use a better amp.
The Baatorians getting a smackdown or five.
Perhaps some large scale fighting, nudity optional.
Ibskib chapter 1 . 11/17/2012
I wonder why it says female Shepard under the summary, was it just a wrong click, and you don't want to reupload the fic, or will the ME2 revival go very very wrong :-)
DoomKnight1of24 chapter 16 . 11/12/2012
...
That came out a bit stronger than I originally intended, but seriously,
It is pure brilliance.
You made some weird time-jumps here and there, and it's a bit frustrating, but still,
THIS!
Okay, I realize it's getting old now.
To say that I like this story would be like saying that getting kicked in the nuts is kinda uncomfortable. For all the idiots out there, that means that it is a criminally gross understatement.
There is comedy. There is drama. There is so much originality that somewhere in the collective headspace, an inspirational vacuum is imploding.
I usually try to offer something like criticism, so as to try and make an awesome story even better, but this... It's just too big.
And now, just one more time for shits 'n' giggles,
AsatorPrime chapter 16 . 8/25/2012
Great story, I really enjoyed it.
Robbie the Phoenix chapter 16 . 8/20/2012
I've definitely had fun. This story was a wild, hilarious, at times very intense ride. The last couple of chapters during the attack on the Citadel had me on the edge of my seat, and I was seriously worried several times that they were all going to end up dead.

There are so many things that I've enjoyed in this story, but I think my favourite would have to be the relationship between Shepard and Anderson. Part father/son, yes, but it also comes across as two old friends, in spite of the large age gap.

I also really enjoyed the expansion of the Normandy's crew, and the way you wrote each of Shepard's team. And I'm pretty sure I literally laughed out loud anytime Shepard interacted with another character. Seriously, you did a great job bringing him to life.
skooly chapter 4 . 8/7/2012
damn it. y u make nihlus awesome if he dies (

but seriously this is a really well constructed lead in to the mass effect universe and can't wait to see what you do with the game material.
Anon chapter 5 . 6/24/2012
You're missing multiple chapters or something. You go from the beginning and departure from the Citadel to searching for Liara.
Lord Sia chapter 16 . 5/20/2012
... She's going to have his guts for garters. Armies march on their stomachs, you know?

AWESOME story, love the way you flesh out canon, add realism, action, and - dare I say it? - believable antagonists. Saren is supposed to be an Elite SPECTRE with decades of experience, so why the hell didn't he have an information network and lackeys to fuck shit up for Shepard? No, all he had was a bunch of geth and the odd mercenary or ten. Aside from Benezia, who was apparently a big-shot Matriarch with a personal commando team - and still couldn't think her way out of a wet paper bag!

Kudos, and a slice of my most recent - and by far most successful - attempt at a lemon meringue pie.

It's pie flavoured.