Reviews for Breaking
Sheepgirl3 chapter 3 . 10/2/2016
Aww! This is worth a follow up.
Visal chapter 3 . 7/21/2011
I really wanted to like this story (they're one of my favorite pairings after all) and I did enjoy the first chapter as well as basically all of Riley's POV's but I didn't care for Ben's POV's at all. I also think that Ben and Abigail are both assholes. Please bear with me as I give you the reason I feel that way.

Ben claims to have loved Riley yet he went and proposed to Abigail and then 'felt sorry' for Riley because he was alone; hello, why was he alone again?

I could have forgive Ben a little at first because he was still trying to figure out this feelings but when he went to confess to Riley he finally saw how deeply he had hurt him. And what did he do next? He 'married' Abigail; yeah, maybe it was fake but they presented themselves as a couple didn't they?

If Ben really did have feelings for Riley and did actually feel bad for hurting him so much so that he left, then why would he purposely make the pain worse? Abigail also supposedly knew and yet she also purposely stays in a role that isn't helping anyone in any way. Her role seems specifically designed to be to hurt Riley.

That is the reason I hate both Ben and Abigail; they deeply hurt Riley (even when one claimed to love him) then the purposely twisted the pain further by being 'married.' If either of them had had any true feelings (even if only of friendship) then they wouldn't have perpetuated such a thing.

I also very mush doubt their reasons for getting 'married,' Ben will always be in the spotlight; how did (or does, as Ben and Riley apparently end up together) Ben think that he'll get away with hiding his relationship with Riley.

That also shows what kind of character Ben has. Does he actually think that Riley should be forced into denial of their relationship? Is he that disgusted about acknowledging his relationship or is he that ashamed? Because that is how his attitude is coming off.

If Ben truly cared at all for Riley he wouldn't have kept a relationship up with Abigail, in Riley's (and the world's) view they are together and have been for a long time (5 years).

To me all the signs are saying that no, Ben doesn't even care for Riley as a friend. You simply don't treat your friends that way and you certainly don't treat someone you claim to love like that.

Abigail is in some ways even less of a friend because she apparently 'knew' how they both felt but didn't get out of their way even though she didn't 'love' Ben. She also shows a great disrespect to Connor because he deserves to be able to display his relationship.

Sorry for the length (and harshness) of this review but I did want to give you the full reasons I had for saying that I didn't like how this ended up; I loved how it started (the first chapter) and I got a sense of what I think you were trying for but it just didn't seem to reach that point for me.

I just had no sympathy for Ben (or Abigail) and I felt bad that Riley apparently had such a low sense of self that he wouldn't have discovered that he deserved more in his life than Ben; he deserved to be happy with someone who wasn't ashamed of him.

Again, I apologize; these are only my opinions and I certainly won't claim that they're the only ones that count. I just wanted to give my input. I do greatly applaud the emotions you captured for Riley. Know that nothing negative that I've said is meant to reflect on you personally. I admire all the authors who take the time to create their stories and the strength/pride to share them with us. I do hope that you'll keep up the good work.
onewhowatches chapter 3 . 4/28/2010
um.

loved this. love you. enough angst to make it believable, but not enough to make me wanna bash my head against a wall. XD

signed,

onewhowatches :3
Renn chapter 3 . 2/6/2010
Yay! i'm so happy you turned it into a three-part with a happy end! I'm a sucker for those...
Rinoku chapter 3 . 10/17/2009
I just love how the story gets heartbreaking fast near the middle, where you just sit and have to read to the ending.

It was cute as hell. Thinking 'Riley, calm down... Abigail, leave them alloun...' and so on.

Is there going to be more chapters?

I am sorry to say this, but I didn't like one thing, the romantic part. It is almost to sweet to me.

But great anyways

*Still I would like it more if Riley was the one in the hospital bed... hehehe*
Rinoku chapter 2 . 10/17/2009
aww...

Now I am starting to understand why Ben was so mean*stupid, idiotic, uncaring and so on* to Riley.

Gonna read next chapter right on.
Rinoku chapter 1 . 10/17/2009
This was cute as hell!

Almost all of the thoughts Riley had, I shared today when I watched the second of the movies today.

I love Riley and now you *made him better* :D
SaraMaxine chapter 3 . 6/3/2009
You did not get enough reviews for this, so I'm just here to say good job, kudos, and all hail Riley and his adorableness.

Reader not writer,

Sara Maxine
BandGeek58407 chapter 3 . 1/25/2009
TEEHEE! Aw, what a cute ending, even if Ben was hit by a semi. I'm glad Abigail married Connor-I dunno what it is, but I always thought that they'd be weirdly good for each other, another Riley and ben sort of thing. Loved it!
webbswoman chapter 3 . 1/25/2009
Just spotted this story now, and I love it! It's well written, and you've managed to get Ben and Riley in character. I loved the last chapter, really glad it was a happy ending!
XxMemories4everxX chapter 3 . 1/24/2009
Amazing chapter!
XxMemories4everxX chapter 2 . 1/24/2009
This is fantastic!
BandGeek58407 chapter 2 . 1/24/2009
Ah, gotta love the subtle Abigail bashing. This fic epitomized me when I watch NT, basically me telling Abigail to go away (first time I saw number 2 in theaters and she came to London, my friend had to shush me 'cause I was complaining so much...)

Anyways. The fic itself. I liked how you tied in the book; it was an idea that I'd never thought of. Yay canon-slash theories! This was also quite sad, but well done. I liked it. _
Angelic Prophecy chapter 2 . 1/24/2009
Ahh, I love it!

This was great, very good! I am a bit of a Ben/Riley fan, and these fics are a bit more rare than they used to be. I think you did a great job, Ben and Riley both seem to be in character, and this was written very well!

I can't wait to see part 3! D