Reviews for Once More, With Feeling
JayneParker chapter 2 . 5/22/2023
I love that Cloud's main motivation for driving himself into the ground to make SOLDIER prep is specifically to fuck with Hojo (joke or not the idea is hilarious to me. Imagine Hojo staring at Jenova's smoking remains, Cloud standing over them, and demanding to know why, only to be told Cloud Time Traveled AND crossed dimensions, specifically to fuck things up for Hojo. That he had no urgent need to do so, and was comfortably old and doing just fine and decided 'no, u know what, fuck that guy in particular' and proceeded to dedicate years of a brand new start to implementing that)
Gremlin energy is a thing, but I think Cloud could out stubborn a mountain, ya know?
JayneParker chapter 1 . 5/22/2023
I saw the newest chapter notification for this fic months ago, and thought holy shit no way, and got so excited. Then I realized I hadn't read any ffvii fic in FOREVER and that i also finally had a computer that could run the remake... So I bought it, and beat it, and found a bunch of new fanfics, all while the reminding myself I would need to reread this whole fic (not a chore, it's so good, but I needed a refresher)
So, ummm...
I had like 62 tabs of ffvii fic open on my phone, and guess what? I kinda got distracted. I've legit been working my way through everything on ao3 under the ffvii tag and reading ANYTHING that caught my eye, and the entire time, this is just sitting in my tabs, waiting.
I feel like I forgot someones birthday. But I'm finally here! And I guess a bunch of other people also got a bunch of views and subs, because I've found a good chunk of nice fic. But I finally made my way back around to OMWF and now I am PREPARED
I'm not like, blaming you for dragging me back into the fandom or anything (seduced. I was seduced. One casual chapter flung out into the void and months of my life have been sacrificed) I've definitely been happy, but I figured you might want to know you've made an very fun few months for one nerd.
So here goes a reread! Cheers!

(Still love that you so quickly addressed Cloud's lack of coordination due to the time travel, it's one of the things that made this fic stand out so much!)
RIAEVANS chapter 61 . 4/23/2023
Please update really love this fic especially genesis and cloud bond
GlaringEyes chapter 61 . 3/2/2023
I really enjoyed this story so far. It seems it's reaching the point of the Crisis Core events. I'm curious about how much Cloud's knowledge will affect those. And I'm also looking forward for Zack's first encounter with Aerith (will Cissnei make her appearance anytime soon? Maybe even be brought into the group too?). Hope you update it soon!
GlaringEyes chapter 55 . 3/2/2023
Cloud's strategies were very interesting. Especially with how he dealt with Logan in the last round. Even if he won't willingly cooperate, Cloud still found a way to make him useful. That's a true leader's mindset. And after this, he'll probably earn Cyril's respect and have one more ally amongst his SOLDIER fellows.
GlaringEyes chapter 45 . 3/2/2023
So, the cat's out of the bag. In the end, Cloud wasn't being as discreet as he thought, so Tseng eventually drove him in a corner. And it looks like he had no choice but to tell the truth then. I think this chapter is going to be the turning point in the original FF7 plot. The one where Cloud's knowledge will actually make a difference for the future. Let's see where it'll lead into.
MrKeyFox chapter 45 . 2/11/2023
Welp that was shit. he just had to spill the beans the one thing keeping this fun and interesting.
How you gonna fix this one genius
MrKeyFox chapter 40 . 2/11/2023
Guh! Hnnng! That was wholesome as fuck!
Sargon Dorsai chapter 61 . 1/8/2023
I just reread this entire delightful story and I wanted to say thank you for working on one of my all time favorite Final Fantasy VII fanfics. it's good to see it updated and to see so many different points of view. I really enjoy your characterizations.

I did notice some sections where you have extra words, like you were going to write the sentence another way then switched. otherwise, great story.

thank you again for sharing this with us and for all the hard work.
Eyeinthesky chapter 61 . 11/16/2022
I've been away from for a while, and was delighted to come back and find several chapters of this story updated. I love the personal interaction between Cloud and the other characters as well as their insights as the get to know him better. Thanks!
ShivaVixen chapter 53 . 11/13/2022
How did I miss this chapter?

Poor Zack!
Odjn48 chapter 61 . 10/15/2022
One of the best FF7 fanfictions I've read in a long while. Nothing over the top. Cloud's making many small mistakes and having to improvise gives a lot of body to the story, but isn't an all out downward spiral of mistakes I see many FF7 stories taking to try and bolster their stories with "filler" obstacles for the characters to overcome. This one makes the mistakes worthwhile while not being overly dramatic about them and having far more realistic oversights you can see the characters making, rather than forcefully inserting problems out of the blue. I have nothing against creating new problems for the characters I simply see that many writers like to continuously compound many events all at once and add more to keep the tension rather than having events calm down and making a few slice of life character development chapters before adding new tense developments. Really looking forward to seeing where this story goes in the future.
karla chapter 61 . 10/9/2022
Long time reader chapter 61 . Sep 30
"You do prose a bit much with Genesis, and it's jarring as fuck when you keep using different names to refer to people, 'the red general', 'the auburn-haired soldier', and such. We know who it is, same for other characters once introduced, there's no need to keep using such terms, just use their names."

I disagree wholeheartedly, not only is the prose in character for genesis, but it's a lot more interesting than reading "Genesis Said Genesis Did Genesis Genesis Genesis"... Yes we all know it's Genesis. That's why different ways to describe him work so well.
Qinlongfei chapter 61 . 10/5/2022
When Logan wasn't fully intimidated by Rino, I thought maybe at this point in FF7 canon the Turks hasn't been known as the boogeyman of Shinra yet. But after Sephy and Sega Megadrive, I guess he's just stupider than most people and doesn't know when to quit. Not going to lie, I can almost respect his single minded pettiness and vindictiveness towards Cloud.

Now, why do I get the sense that after he's kicked out of Shinra, he's going to join AVALANCHE 1.0 and essentially be their version of Barret... if Barret had nothing sympathetic about him and is just a dumb bully.
Lady Logos chapter 61 . 10/3/2022
I liked this chapter. I find the Finnish last name of the materia teacher funny, however as a Finnish person have to point out that it will always be "Kivinen" not "Kivenen" in the Finnish naming you could technically leave the 's away as well as the last name does it on its own, unless you want to put extra emphasis on itNice chapter as always
3,667 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »