Reviews for Treacle
oranges-and-leather-boots chapter 1 . 3/19/2011
this is, to put it very simply, rather brilliant.

I like that you made Witch Week (which I love because it's Wynne Jones and a Chrestomanci book and awesome in its own way, but has sadly always ranked lowest of the four books for me just because the others are even more glorious) into a fanfic at all, because it deserves more love than it gets, even from me. Particularly of the slashy kind, because let's face it, it needs to be there. It has to be there. It is there. It had better be there...

But anyway you made Witch Week into a very satisfying fic, and that makes me happy because I guess the reason I always thought of it as the least memorable was because it left me with less of a...well, feeling of completion than the others did.( And you did it while not only including the best stuff that Diana Wynne Jones put in there, but playing around with it so it didn't just feel like the same joke. Many points to you for that)

Obviously that was just because the ending had to wait a few years until the characters were old enough to start having sex.

On which subject:

NIRUPAM IS KINKY.

ellequoi chapter 1 . 1/8/2011
How cute! Lovely to see how the world with magic turned out to be. The intrigues amongst the class and the journal entries that correspond with them are great - love how Charles' journal entries have transmuted their code but are otherwise the same (very clever!). The translation is so much more uplifting too, I like that. What really makes the fic for me is poor, long-suffering Headmaster Wentworth and his sly comments. His POV is just so funny.
Lysythe chapter 1 . 6/9/2010
Was this awesome?

Hell yeah it was awesome!
A. Nutter chapter 1 . 7/13/2009
An absolutely amazing story - a worthy tribute to a good book. I'm quite sure I've never laughed so hard as when reading Mr Wentworth's reaction to the journals. Serves him right!

Thank you for brightening my day, I look forward to reading some of your other works :D
verity candor chapter 1 . 4/9/2009
Tee hee! I loved it!
Mystic Mage-chan chapter 1 . 3/24/2009
That was funny. I liked Mr. Wentworth's comments. )
CeeLoobyLouDee93 chapter 1 . 3/7/2009
Wow!

Wow Wow Wow Wow Wow Wow Wow!

Sorry, Had To Get That Out Of The Way XD

I Lurrvveedd This Story, But I Prefer Dan/Charles To Charles/Nirupam I Have To Say

But You Did So Good, I Love This Story!

Happy Writing XD