Reviews for Picking Up The Pieces
JustLikeToRead chapter 3 . 5/25/2011
I'm really enjoying this story so far. I have noticed, though, quite a few typos and/or grammatical, punctuation, and spelling errors, especially in the first chapter. If you'd like me to comment on them, please let me know. But still a good story. I'd rather read a good story with errors than a bad one that's perfectly correct. :)
Jill chapter 3 . 4/4/2009
I believe Inara's last name is spelled "Sera", FYI
Tasermon's Partner chapter 28 . 4/2/2009
This was a fantastic story!

I really loved that ya posted all the chapters at once (since that I way I can read straight to the end), but if ya really like high numbers of reviews, then in the future ya might consider posting just a chapter or two a day at a time. More people will be likely to see the story that way, since it'll be on the front Firfly fic page longer, and then your readership might grow.

But great story! A few grammatical errors and some blips in the cannon storyline, but you've really nailed the character personalities, which is the most important thing!

And the "ghosts" were a great touch! A way to express River's emotions and inner-conflicts, while still allowing for participation by Serenity's deceased crew in the story!

I look forward to reading your other Firefly fics.

If they're as good as this one, I'll be very impressed!
Jill chapter 2 . 3/26/2009
You don't need to put the english translation of the chinese - a little distracting. But I like this chapter!
Jill chapter 1 . 3/26/2009
I like this line:

"Still – this family was just starting to know the half of what River really was."

More to come.
writtenwordlover chapter 28 . 1/25/2009
I spent a morning reading this and enjoyed it immensely. You did a good job with the characters, plot, and stayed true to canon, as far as the pairings. I did notice a few spelling errors in regards to names and planets, but otherwise your grammar and style are well executed and consistent. Are you planning to post elsewhere?
Katesfriend chapter 28 . 1/25/2009
I really enjoyed your story and the wild ride you took us on. This is one of my favorite type of stories - action and mystery and touching on the conspiracy that was Blue Sun. Loved loved how River solved the problem of the port lock. I loved all your ships and felt you kept all your characters true to the 'verse. It felt like you worked very hard to get all their characters spot on. I would have liked the ghosts of Wash et al to be more than figments of the imagination, but this is sci fi, not ghost busters. Very well done, and hope you enjoyed this enough to do it again - this was such a fun read! Thanks for sharing.
CharlieBZ chapter 1 . 1/24/2009
Wonderful start. Your writing is excellent and I love the idea of Mal fighting for Unification. I can't wait to see where you are going with this.