Reviews for Yukikaze: Homecoming
Enmy chapter 16 . 3/6/2015
It’s nice to have Yukikaze back in a well written story like this. Are you going to make a sequel to it?
WS.Blue chapter 4 . 6/27/2010
"Maybe the other characters just aren't as good at telling the gender of fighter aircraft?"

Personally, I think it was intended, since you should know that the series has a yaoi-overtone, and Jack has always treated Yuikikaze as a rival, sort of.
WS.Blue chapter 1 . 6/27/2010
I like where this is going, except how the plane was able to form sentences, in the anime, it usually communicate in short forms or lingo.
Just a Crazy-Man chapter 12 . 5/27/2010
Best chapter in all FF just don't tell anyone? i told you or my friends will kill me.
Klein chapter 16 . 2/15/2010
I thank you. This anime is always one of my all time favorite, along with Blue Submarine no.6, Appleseed, and some others. And this story too, is going to become one of my all time favorite.

You have done a wonderful work.
Jikufurido chapter 7 . 1/13/2010
I know this is not the end, but this chapter almost made me cry. Moving and so into character. I can't even say the feelings it has on every line between Rei and Yukikaze.

Their relationship on the serie was like this too, maybe for this is that I can see the scene like ... real. If this was the ending, I wouldn't mind. It is perfect as it is.

I have to congratulate you, and keep reading.
Rakuengaki chapter 16 . 12/27/2009
Aw! It's over! *pout* But there's the possibility of a sequel so I'll deal. Just so you know it was fangirl feeding frenzy time when those chapter came up one right after the other so quickly. I thought you had done some research on military tactics or something because the fight scenes were written perfectly! Tehe! Rei gets his plane back and Jack's a major again... maybe. Love the story and I'm so glad you wrote this. I can't wait to see what else you'll do and hope that you continue writing. Thanks for the adventure!
shoootme chapter 16 . 12/27/2009
the fights were easy to follow and were well thought out. if i read your a/n right you had no idea of the terminology used or anything like that prior to this, however if you had not said that then i would think you did as you got almost everything down right even the naming ships in line with the JSDF naming code. there is one area that you over looked and that is normally a carrier group has a combat air patrol (CAP) in the air at all times and some form of AWACs to look over the horizon so some one like say the JAM could not attack a carrier at close range like what happens in your fic. this is however excusable as most published works get this wrong and that admiral was not the sharpest tool in the box.

I am sad to see this end and unforutately i would have to say the other ending would have been more complete however the part with yukikaze at the end was good. hope you get time to do an another yukikaze fic this one is definitely on my recommend to a friend list, oh and i am trying to draw that new JAM from your descriptions.
Rakuengaki chapter 11 . 12/23/2009
Ok first off thank you for updating so quickly! I swear I'm leaping out of my seat everytime I see that you've updated! Second, the entirety of chapter 11, for me, was spent saying oh dear god I love that plane! I love it! And I love how you've captured her. A plane that intelligent would have learned something from the humans she's around and especially one as hot headed as Rei. Simply amazing work on her. And the jerk off of an Admeral. You got him perfectly too. That kind of guy wouldn't want to take orders from a civilian and someone that supposedly fought aliens. Lovely work. Simply amazing work. The story is captivating, the characters are realistic. Love it and can't wait to see more.
Rakuengaki chapter 9 . 12/22/2009
*Flailflailflail* Crap! you went with the JAM idea crap! I guess it's a good thing that Rei was given back his helmet, flight suit and went to go see yukikaze ne? Crap! Hopefully Yukikaze senses them in time! Yay for purpose! Jack will probably have a heart attack while Rei breaths a sigh of relief. Thank you for the chapters as always and I look forward to more!
schumie chapter 7 . 12/17/2009
Honestly, I love what you've done so far with this, and I feel like the JAM reappearing would be sort of contradictory to the whole feeling of the story. As much as I'd like a happy ending for Rei, it doesn't seem to fit with this.

You've done a wonderful job.
Rakuengaki chapter 7 . 12/14/2009
Ok first off, I LOVE you! I checked my e-mail maybe twenty minutes ago and nearly had a heart attack to see three chapters up! Thank you, thank you, thank you! I love you so much for that! Also, You made me tear up when they were saying good bye to each other and I don't cry normally. That's a very hard thing to do so bravo!

Also, I'm curious to see what you'd do with the JAM reappearance arc but I also think that is a bit too easy. I wouldn't write an epilouge either because for Rei, adjusting to life as civilian would be the hardest thing in the world for a man like him. He just lost his purpose in life, his closest companion, and has nowhere to go really. He's just floating adrift in a world he doesn't know a thing about.

Anyway, both of your ideas would be deeply, deeply welcomed so I say, go with whatever you feel like writing. It'll be fantastic and I'll devour it all. Thank you so much for the chapters and all your hard work and I look forward to more in the future. Ja ne!
shoootme chapter 7 . 12/14/2009
3 chapters in one night thats fast. one thing i noticed was a typo chapter 6 3rd line

"Rei whirled around, glaring at his foriend – or at" i take that it was friend.

as for should this be the end? this would make a good end point for the story, all ends are tied up and the way it ends it makes it one very well done bitter sweet ending. however if you think you can pull it off make this the end of an arc.
shoootme chapter 4 . 12/7/2009
i think you nailed Yukikaze's personality on the head eh nose cone as well as how her and Rei interact. i never imagined it as a her but now that you mention it it makes sense we call ships female and Yukikaze was the name of a ship in ww2.

all the same that was a fast update with no errors i could see, keep them coming.
Rakuengaki chapter 4 . 12/7/2009
Yukikaze is a creepy aircraft and I'm so glad you got the relationship between Rei and Yukikaze down so well. That thing is sentient, creepily so. It'd probably kill them both if they were grounded and Yukikaze was put in a warehouse or something. Rei would pitch a fit and go insane. Nicely done and thanks for the quick update! Keep it up!