Reviews for Disaster
Kyn chapter 11 . 10/15/2014
I wuved this.

The only thing is- I had wished to see someone take a bolder shot at their physical relationship ;)
Sadiera Manx chapter 11 . 6/20/2012
Read the trilogy, it was pretty much amazing
MaiWishes chapter 11 . 1/20/2012
"Like I told RonCN, reviews and responses are the coin with which we pay ourselves since fanfiction doesn't pay—see the disclaimer if you don't believe me!"

Awww, you are very welcome! Thank you for writing them :) You are an excellent writer, there were so many parts and lines I liked and I wasn't bored for one second, unlike other in long fanfictions and I even faved a couple of those. I feel I have to gush a load of praise on you cause good COMPLETE fanfictions are hard to come by. It was obvious to me these stories would be good and you had great potential when I seen you actually finished all three of them, I have low respect for people who post without finishing.

I wish I kept note of all the things I liked. Like Jarlaxle looking at his prized possesions and two of them were scimitars worn with acid, that made me go Awwwwwww, how sad but cute.

I suspected Emory would die, he did, and I cried.

I will certainly take a look at that novel, your original work, because even though I at first liked this because it was fanfiction, your writing is what made it great and that kept suprising me. But I have to work my way through your other Arty stories :D

Oh and no my name isn't from Avatar (just wanted to misspell 'my' so its not to blunt and more carefree to..I guess) but have you read the Bartimaeus Trilogy? Id like to see some fanfiction from you on that if you like them.
Zomfi chapter 12 . 8/29/2011
Will do so right now !
Marthinwurer chapter 11 . 7/1/2011
These are pure awesome!
Zomfi chapter 11 . 4/20/2011
Hey, you wanted a review, so...

It's been more than 2 years since you put an end to this story but I've read and enjoyed it nonetheless. This is why I let you these words.

Hoping that, perhaps, you'll write some other stories about Forgotten Realms.

In any case, good luck for your projects !
Yulandia chapter 11 . 12/12/2010
Wow. This was a beautifully written story! Very touching and very revealing of the inner workings and demons of each character. I like how you examined the parallels of their lives. My eyes are still wet...

I'm going to look for more of your work!
AnoriyatheGreat chapter 11 . 8/10/2010
I do not think I have ever wanted to see a fanfic in an actual book more than whenever I read this. It was and is stunning. I loved it. Keep it up. I seriously want to see some more of FR from you.
Surreptitious Chi X chapter 11 . 3/23/2010
Well, the story is well crafted. Idea wise everything is fully fleshed out, and technically the story is executed well. My inclination to be sour comes solely from the portrayal of Jarlaxle, which is consistent with the latter two Sellswords books but I continue to claim is inconsistent with Servant of the Shard. I've posted my fics, I don't need to argue. But I will say this story engendered sadness in me, sadness that more than counters Artemis' needed rediscovery of empathy. I cannot be happy for him, because I am too sad about Jarlaxle, too sad about Emory, and too sad about Luskan.

You hint that bad things are to come, but you say your stories are over. Unless I misinterpreted your statement that the trilogy is over.
unice5656 chapter 11 . 12/2/2009
Good story. I liked how you weaved it into the actual story. I'm pretty sure I've read something that makes your version of Jarlaxle's past impossible, though. A big question that I don't see addressed is Dwahvel's lifespan in comparison to Artemis'
Zolarix Aster chapter 11 . 2/12/2009
Sorry 'bout the delayed review. Anyway, I really liked the epilogue!

I wasn't sure if the ending would feel...ending-ish. Concluded. But it did. Well done!

I felt so sorry for Jarlaxle. Especially when you were just getting to the detail about the "pair of drow longswords, their runes etched and damaged almost to illegibility by acid." Great description, btw.

The whole background story that came directly afterward was, I think, a bit too much information in too short a time. It seems a story in and of itself. It doesn't seem you're at a loss for what to write next, but that might be a really interesting story to read. But it seems a bit too...busy, for this part of this story.

That is the only critisism I could find. Other than that, great epilogue. Great story!
RonCN chapter 11 . 2/11/2009
Ah... Wow. Me's happy! ()

Okay, I specially liked the Drizzt scene - though I'd have liked to see his reunion with Catti-brie, I think her absence was meaningul as well.

Then, I'm grateful about the Jarlaxle insight! It explains a lot of things and makes me feel really really sorry for our dear mercenary. He really is cursed with a poor family life. :) It was very well written, it makes you doubt what's cannon and what's yours!

Jarrol's welcome was really sad, and I'm still not completely over the death of his son, so I'm not going to comment much on that - the fact that I'm *still* grieving a fictional character should be enough by itself!

And of course, the Artemis part :3 It was an adequate closure, a perfect end for a leg of the journey and a good panoramic of what might lie ahead. Shadows and light and the memory of Emory - fitting.

It makes me leave sad that it's over, but really feeling that the story is complete.

Thank you so much for sharing this story!

Any luck I can convince you to write 'mindgames' anytime soon? ()'

Ron
RonCN chapter 10 . 2/11/2009
Aww... Good ending. Specially the last sentence...it is incredibly meaningful of who Artemis is now.

Same goes for the non-encounter with Drizzt: the arrival of Dwahvel and the realization and, yes, jealously, on Do'Urden's part. It was very well handled, and I really believe Drizzt would do something like that - and yes, Regis would try to confront him.

Good closure with Jarlaxle. I liked Entreri's speech, it was a good recap of all the changes we've been seeing - almost as much as a non-armed Entreri. I'm glad the two of them parted in not-too-bad terms. Perhaps the day will come when Entreri will realize that Jarlaxle tried to help him in the only way he knew how, and Jarlaxle learns who he is, and we can have a nice, heartfelt reunions of old friends - yes, that's the fangirl speaking, but I think you'd write a great scene of that one!
Musingsage chapter 11 . 2/11/2009
Well done. Every important character mentioned has had a nice wrap up to the whole thing. Though, I didn't know that Jarlaxle was Drizzt's grandfather. Drizzt's greatgrandmother wanted to kill? Then again so did his mother... and his sister. Gez, drow live messed up lives. I wonder why Jarlaxle never tried to bring Vierna in to Bregan D'aerthe, after all she is his grand daughter.

Moving on, I like how Entreri talked about becoming a Paladin. And Dwahvel's opion on the mater. Not that Entreri would end up a Paladin, just can't see that as even possible.
Viconia chapter 11 . 2/10/2009
I am astounded and grateful to find such a gem on ...I have been looking for so long for good Entreri fic.

I started reading with the thought that I couldnt really picture him with the halfling Dwahvel...now I cannot picture them apart.

I dearly hope you write more of them. I loved Drizzt seeing Entreri & Dwahvel together. I woulnd't mind that traitorous bitch Calihye seeing him happy without her.

I think...I think RA Salvatore no longer owns Artemis Entreri...you have claimed that character and made him your own.

Thank you.