Reviews for JxHQ: By His Hand
DreamOrNightmare chapter 1 . 11/16/2011
Awww, this a cute one-shot!XD Your portayed Mistah J's and Harley's relationship really well. I kinda feel bad for Harley cuz Mistah J is always smacking her around . . . . ahh, well at least she's happy:P Hope you make more Joker/Harley one-shots!(: Pretty please?

Marci
FuzzyBoots chapter 1 . 8/1/2010
I'll admit that I was hoping for a bit more from this. It's a nice vignette, but there's no character growth here. *shrug* Which, admittedly, is part of canon for Harley... she just doesn't get it, doesn't make that jump that will take her away from him. Still, while an interesting story, it doesn't satisfy.
CherryBlossom006 chapter 1 . 9/22/2009
ohh my god!

this was so sick but interesting, i like the psychological view you give to him abussiveness!1

heheheh thanks for sharing!
GreenLipstick chapter 1 . 7/28/2009
"Amidst all that pain, something broke and poured out. Beneath the ache she felt a curious beauty well, a sudden and marvellous sense of freedom. For a long while she floated as he beat her, her only motion the jerk of her body in response to each kick or punch, quietly receiving each one, savouring the pain as she became unable to tell where it ended and she began, until they were one. She gasped in delight and began to softly laugh beneath the battering, her voice high and thin, the wheezing peals of her laughter utterly chilling..."

That was so perfect!
Karivah chapter 1 . 5/14/2009
Another triumph on your part my dear! I could relate directly to how the Joker felt, giving someone everything, saving them from a life of monotonous abuse, and having them mourn their old hell while they are in heaven. Strange how some women are...wouldn't you say? But I digress, lovely again; being able to invoke a relation between your readers and the characters is essential to a wonderful story. The only thing I would suggest changing is it seems a bit long to get to the point, then again I do so love to be teased.
Allons-y Rosie chapter 1 . 5/3/2009
strangely beautiful. i loved it!
XMarisolX chapter 1 . 4/24/2009
So twisted. Good job. I'm worn out.
RosesInSolitude chapter 1 . 4/12/2009
I'm gonna say again how adorable they are. Seriously. He cares enough to beat the sadness out of her and understands that's what she needs. It's far far away from a conventional love story but still counts as romance. A deeper romance than most people can comprehend but the select few who do really appreciate your writing.

And I'm so happy you're finally updating :D
QiuChan chapter 1 . 1/28/2009
YOU, are a very talented writer.
Emeraldjewel chapter 1 . 1/27/2009
You know what makes this piece particularly amazing? It's the fact that my own mind sees how twisted Joker's treatment of Harley is, yet at the same time I understand that it's necessary for her (which is probably even more twisted!). Harley is at the point where being comforted in the traditional "healthy" manner would do absolutely nothing for her. It's sick, yet I understand why it functions. I can only imagine how unhappy Harley would be if she were ever truly rehabilitated. It's a dysfunctional, unhealthy relationship, but she's happy. I end up in circles all day just thinking about it.

There are few writers out there who really understand their dynamic. You're definitely one of them.

"If your Aunt weren't already dead, I'd kill her." xD Loved it!
Hysteric1234 chapter 1 . 1/27/2009
Very nice, as per usual missy. Only criticsm I can make is a simple one: "she’s deadI!" An I slipped in there, but apart from that it read just fine.

Nice little look into their relationship again, always good to see you writing new things. It's interesting to see how they would cope with that sort of thing particularly how Mistah J would when he isn't the source of someones attentions. Well written as always, and loverly to read.

You make such pretty pictures with your words ya know? P
gunmetal grey chapter 1 . 1/27/2009
i love all of your stories. you capture the kinky, twisted relationship they have (some fanfics i have read are just unbelievably bad ugh). no one writes better Joker/harley than you and i sincerly mean that. keep up the good work.
QueenOfDarkComedy chapter 1 . 1/27/2009
This particular one-shot you wrote is a PERFECT example of Joker's inability to relate to, not only Harley, but genuine and real human emotions.

The way in which you built up to a climax in this story, before revealing what was bothering Harley, was perfectly transitioned into. There was no fluff when it came to Joker comforting her at the end of the story, but it was more of a subtle cuddling. I love how Harley didn't want to feel that emotion she was feeling, but because of her conscious, really didn't have a choice. So in and of itself, it was a great way of showing the differences between Joker and Harley when it comes to having a conscious and having no choice but to feel remorse. Same goes for Joker. He just CANNOT relate to anything or anyone but himself and this is a perfect way of showing it.

Only one critique was with little tiny piece of dialogue. I don't know...maybe I'm just nitpicking here! lol! XD

For example:

Harley saying: “Get a hold of yourself, cookie,”

I'm not sure if that is what she would use...lol! But if she does, just ignore what I said. :P

Anyway! Loved it! .
Georgethecat chapter 1 . 1/26/2009
Hmm. It's not easy to write angsty Harley, since she's like perky on steroids, but you pulled it off!

I like that you made her confused about these feelings - she is insane and lives in her own little world, so reality I'm sure is quite confusing to her.

For some reason the "Nobody hurts my baby but me" reminds me of both the Turnabout issue ("Nobody would hurt Harley except me!) and Dirty Dancing... (Nobody puts Baby in the corner...) hehe.
Hillside Dancing On chapter 1 . 1/25/2009
. . . .Well, this certainly isn't the first thing that comes to mind when one thinks of "hurt and comfort", but in the end that's what it was. Other couples cry into each other's arms, but Joker and Harley have this.

I'll admit it took me more than one reading to finally smile, though. It's a dark one.