Reviews for Power Games
Saeth Ceirwyn chapter 8 . 3/25/2010
Seph's overplaying his hand here. Badly. Rufus is going to test him right back, so he'd better be ready.
Saeth Ceirwyn chapter 6 . 3/25/2010
Gee Rufus, you don't ask for much. Though given how Seph was raised, I can see why he'd feel like he had few choices. However, just outright killing him is going to pose some issues for Seph.
Saeth Ceirwyn chapter 5 . 3/25/2010
Seph just bit off more than he can chew, me thinks. These two really deserve each other, and frankly makes more sense than most of the other Rufus pairings. Makes me want to see some well done Yazoo/Rufus.
Saeth Ceirwyn chapter 4 . 3/25/2010
Seph fails at social skills. Dummy. The boy has obviously been thinking about this awhile now. Rufus wants Seph to melt. And of course, when that happens, Seph will retreat full tilt. Emotionally, Seph is crippled and has a pathological fear of intimacy. Not sex, but intimacy.

Of course, Rufus will probably start self-identifying with Seph before long... This is going to go haywire before the end.
Saeth Ceirwyn chapter 2 . 3/25/2010
Now this fic makes me want to see someone do Seph/Emperor for Dissidia. They'd have much the same dynamics (except Emperor is way better looking than Rufus...and he knocked off Satan...and rules Hell).

Seph is being such a tease. Watch out Seph. Rufus isn't just a little kid. I'd say these two are equal in power, just different forms of it. Seph is sex on legs and Rufus is a political powerhouse.

Psychologically, any relationship with these two is going to be rough. Both are paranoid (for good reason) and fearful of letting go of control. They expect to be used rather than cared for, so they set themselves up for failure.
Saeth Ceirwyn chapter 1 . 3/25/2010
I've always wanted someone to write a fic where Rufus does what he does to keep Seph all to himself. I think there's some empathy between them and an interesting ability to recognize they're booth treated as tools.
AlexJ69 chapter 11 . 9/8/2009
Ok, sorry it took so long to review. But I loved the ending of this story. You did it so well. Actually you did this whole story well. I loved it.

I think I said this before, but I love how Rufus is such a power player, and I like how you made it so that he wasn't stupid. Young, yes, naive, yes...but not stupid, and he knew to watch his back. Of course he would, he's not one of the most politically powerful men in Gaia for no reason.

Much hugs.
Shadow Haloed Angel chapter 11 . 9/8/2009
well done Rufus!

This is an unexpected but very satisfying ending, this was not a pairing I had contemplated before, and I don't know if I'll go looking for it again, but this fic is definitely very well-written.

It's interesting how, in some wys, knowing you can't trust someone makes you trust them more - they can be trusted to be untrustworthy.

Great job hun :)
DarkBombayAngel chapter 11 . 9/6/2009
The ending is awesome. I'm glad to see that Rufus came out on top. -
MyIncentive chapter 11 . 9/6/2009
Oh wow. Speechless. That was satisfying, though, I'm glad it was Rufus who came out on TOP. xD

Awesome story, hope to see more S/R fics from you again someday. :D
CornCob chapter 11 . 9/6/2009
BAHAHHA! Oh, holy hell, man. Props to Rufus for his show of a spine! haha. POOR SEPH! Now every time he passes a turk, he's going to think "Oh God, they watched me submit to Rufus..."

Okay, so! I LOVED the sex scene! You did a fantastic job on it! Especially since from what I remember, you tend not to write them. But you did VERY well, and I love the way Rufus laid down the law "oh no no no, my pretty- you're on the bottom." pft. Well played, Shinra. And poor, poor Seph...I felt terrible for him at having endured that in his past, though it certainly helped make him into what he is today. He seemed to have found a way to cope sleeping with Rufus, despite his childhood. I am also really pleased by the WAY you had Seph submit to Rufus- he wasn't a screaming, moaning mess of wanton submission during sex. He was his totally in-character, stoic, reserved and quiet self, which I adored. It was completely believable.

Again, I am surprised that Rufus actually used his brain, though that comment that Seph made about "so what happens when you die?" WAS pretty obvious, hahaha. The whole "I am controling the Army, you focus on being my lover" line was SO sexy, by the way. It's funny, how even though Seph was such a bastard this whole time, I'm still all "AWW POOR SEPH!" hahaha

3 I love this story. So, so much.
whiskeynshinra chapter 11 . 9/6/2009
The ending was absolutely brilliant. Totally unexpected, and yet it made perfect sense. I loved this story.
Soyna chapter 11 . 9/6/2009
That was a wonderful ending! Showing how Rufus wasn't such a lovesick dufus after all!
Blood-And-Water chapter 10 . 8/31/2009
I don't think you should leave it there... people like me, who are not blessed with an imagination need this sort of thing to keep us from dropping into doing school work!

It is kinda well written too, more so than most of the stuff on this site. To be honest I only really read things on here to mock them with my friends, but sometimes there are tiny lights the darkness that suprise me. This isn't the brightest light i've seen (occasionally I get blinded) But it is fairly good.

The main thing I have with your work is your portrayal of the characters. I know this story is kinda AU (I say kinda, i mean very) But i still think getting the characters right is important and not changing them to fit your stories is key. You should mould your fan fiction round the characters not mould your characters so they can fit you. Sorry, that is personal preferance. (I did almost cry at how uncharacteristically needy rufus was.) I was very happy to see a change from the President Shinra was an abusive father... cause he really wasn't.

I say carry it on! It has yet to get on my nerves too much, so it must be okay!

-x-

BloodAndWater (A.K.A: A hard to please reader)

Rating: 6/10
Shadow Haloed Angel chapter 10 . 8/17/2009
Yay an update! Glad to see it! It's good, aww Rufus is so sweet!