Reviews for Dreams
snooky-9093 chapter 4 . 1/28/2009
I have fixed the error at the end of this chapter and reposted the entire thing! Sorry about the oops with the penguin. I must say,it took me long enough. No matter what I did with the fanfiction site, it didn't work until I deleted the chapter and started from scratch. Frustrating. anyway, thanks for all of the great reviews.
Monker chapter 4 . 1/28/2009
Woopsie, my guess is the second to last paragraph in the dream sequence has a beta comment left in it. That's something you should take care of pretty quickly in my opinion. But don't fret too much over it, it's definitely forgivable. lol.

So, Newkirk had to take Frau Linkmeyer out on some sort of date? I imagine that WOULD be a nightmare for the Corporal. And I thought that the last line was really great. Though I think he looks quite handsome in a tux, I wouldn't call him a penguin at all.

And Newkirk should know better than to shirk away when Hogan's scanning the crowed for a "volunteer". He should KNOW that the Colonel always picks the one who looks the least willing! Instead, he should keep looking the American straight in the face and not look uncomfortable at all, then someone like Labeau would be picked instead! lol.

I liked this chapter not as much as the other ones, but it was still good. It seemed a little more disjointed than the others, which perhaps is why I liked it only a little less. But I still enjoyed it. The end of it, once his "mission" was revealed, I thought was really funny.

So well done, again!

Monker chapter 3 . 1/27/2009
Wow, this was a good chapter/oneshot! This one was a lot more serious than the previous ones and I really thought you pulled it off nicely. You through me for a loop at the end though. It was a bit of a Bob Newhart Show ending, no? lol!

Again, great job. This chapter was marvelous!

Monker chapter 2 . 1/27/2009
I loved the beginning of this chapter. All of the guys sitting around talking about their own little quirks and phobias was really interesting. And I can agree that all of the fears were really realistic to their respective characters.

You know, I've had multiple times when I've had to speak in front of large audiences, and I've tried the whole "underwear" trick myself. It's never worked for me, not even once! It just distracts me and frankly...there were quite a few disturbing images that came in focus when I tried to do that with certain members of my audience. I'm glad it worked for Carter (and apparently has also for Newkirk), but I wish I had been as lucky!

As for the Brady Bunch, I don't think you need to be too worried about dating yourself. I mean, how many of us readers HAVEN'T seen that show in the past I wonder! I know I have! It used to be that my siblings and I would judge time by the Brady Bunch. We'd be on a road trip and would ask my father, "Daddy, when will we get there?" and he would say, "in about three and a half hours. That's about seven Brady Bunch episodes." So we would try to think through seven episodes to pass the time, quoting as much as we could and guessing the rest. lol! So you aren't the only one who watched the show. I guess that dates me too! Oh well!

Well done with the story! Now I'm on to the next chapter!

Bits And Pieces chapter 4 . 1/27/2009
Poor Newkirk; always getting "volunteered" for things! And I don't imagine he'd be too keen on going out with Frau Linkmeyer! LOL Great chapter! I look forward to seeing what you have in store for LeBeau. :D
Atarah Derek chapter 4 . 1/27/2009
Frau Linkmeyer! LOL! An assignment like that would be cause for desertion.

Atarah Derek chapter 3 . 1/27/2009
Aw, how sweet. A chapter tribute to the latest late Hero.

I'm betting Robert Clary outlives all of them. He's only got one more competitor.

Kinch leaving to direct missions. How appropriate. I like how you explained his disappearance from the show with what really happened.
Atarah Derek chapter 2 . 1/27/2009
You're on a fanfiction site for a TV show produced in the 60's, whose fanwriting base includes several people in their 20's, and you think you're dating yourself? Whether or not you like old TV shows is no indication of age. Now, if you have 30-year-old VHS tape recordings of said shows, instead of the DVDs that most of us have, that would be dating yourself. :D

And I can totally imagine Hogan being afraid of snakes, and Newkirk being a hydrophobe.
Atarah Derek chapter 1 . 1/27/2009
Ah ha ha ha! Poor Hogan! This is why it's a good idea for the men to let him sleep. Well, on to the next chapter!
ColHogan chapter 4 . 1/27/2009
Funny chapter! Love the part about Hogan having cows appear in the compound as a diversion. I could just picture Klink seeing cows wandering around the camp(LOL). The ending was great with Newkirk wearing an ill-fitting tuxedo for what seems to be a date with Frau Linkmeyer?(LOL again). I found myself holding my sides just thinking about that. After LeBeau, are you going to do Klink and Schultz as well. I would LOVE to see what Schultz would dream about. Great job!
Prowler4 chapter 4 . 1/27/2009
I don't quite understand the Kinch one. What did his wife mean when she said "You could've been stuck manning that radio for another three or four years"? Did she mean in the show?

And what exactly was Newkirk's dream? Was it one of those crazy ones where nothing makes sense, but you feel either hugely petrified or ridiculously happy?
Linda chapter 4 . 1/27/2009
Hee! I was thinking the same thing. "The dairy diversion." LOL
Jennaya chapter 3 . 1/26/2009
Very nicely done and what an awesome tribute to Ivan who played our beloved Kinch. Great job.
ColHogan chapter 3 . 1/26/2009
What a great chapter! The ending caught me completely off-guard. I never suspected at the end that the late Ivan Dixon was having a dream as Kinch about leaving. Fabulous! I can't wait to see what you've got in mind for Newkirk and LeBeau.
Bits And Pieces chapter 3 . 1/26/2009
Wow, that was very nicely done. I won't give it away, but I will say that I think you are a very talented writer, and I am thoroughly enjoying the whole dream idea you have going on here. And as always, I look forward to the next one!
36 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »