Reviews for Echo
Sarcastic Ninja chapter 1 . 2/8/2009
I absolutely love the begining, it's just so awesome...

And the rest of the fic is, too..lol...
randomlvr1 chapter 1 . 2/2/2009
That was a cute, fluffy thing, yet it had a serious undertone to it. Overall, a very nice effect.

I'm questioning Katara's personality in this one, though. You explained to us how she didn't want a physical relationship, but I remember her being physically attracted to Jet and Haru. Hm...maybe Aang's just an exception, he always seems to be one.

And the all day echo chamber idea was brilliant. I always thought it was just a big ampitheatre that echoed a sound for an entire day, but I guess your idea is more interesting and...well, air monk-ish...if that even made any sense.

It was an overall awesome oneshot, but the whole 'I don't want a physical relationship' thing from Katara was very convincing, and yet it left a bad aftertaste. Hm, I'm not sure why. Anyway, keep writing awesomeness like this, and I'll keep reading and reviewing!

Zhong gien!

~randomlvr1
JESUSFREAK-And-Proud-Of-It chapter 1 . 1/27/2009
Wow, I really liked this. So original. It's almost depressing how much fanfic writers focus on the physical aspect of the Kataang relationship (guilty as charged) and so little on their emotional bonds. Thats why I ususally dub my kataang fics as 'friendship' instead of romance, and its intriguing to find a fic with such a viewpoint. Love is much more than society makes it out to be...and I loved how well your writing portrayed Katara and Aang's emotional turmoil that paralleled the tension in their relationship. Well done!

By the way, the issue with Katara and the Firebending Masters adventure bothers me, too, and I've racked my brain trying to figure out how it would be possible...it'd be really cool if you came up with a confession to explain it. I would certainly leave a word or two! :D
blue-kataang chapter 1 . 1/26/2009
i like the no quotation marks. I skip sentences and go straight to the quotation mark. I like the story, it makes a lot of it complete?
donjonkeeper chapter 1 . 1/25/2009
Nice story, but there's one thing. There cannot be a relationship without any physical attraction. It's a chemical reaction, triggered by physical attraction 1st among other things, that make us fall in love.
True-Romantique chapter 1 . 1/25/2009
Very nice,

Makes sense, too.

And your question at the end caught my attention, as well. I had another question, related to the topic.

If Katara threatened to kill Zuko if he had ,so much, gave her the idea of hurting Aang, why didn't she kill him on the spot during Sozin's Comet Part 1?

He started attacking Aang, for Pete's sake!

Pete: Why does everyone use my name? Why can't they say 'For Sam's sake'?

Anyway, that had been buggin me since I first saw the premire.

~Kara
CaelumBlue chapter 1 . 1/25/2009
Ooh, this is very well done! I usually don't care much for romance-centric fics, but this is an exception! You pulled of the lack of quotation marks very well-have you read Old School by Tobias Wolff, perchance? (That's pretty much the only published book I've seen without quotation marks, but I'm sure there are others...)

Also, I love your interpretation of the All-Day Echo Chamber. It's quite unique, and sounds like something the Air Nomads would do.

All in all, nice job!
icarustooclose chapter 1 . 1/25/2009
Nice use of imagery and language!