Reviews for Lament
Worldmaker chapter 7 . 10/9/2013
That was sad and beautiful and delightful. I liked the fact that while there was closure, there wasn't actually resolution.
Guest chapter 1 . 3/31/2013
Type your review for this chapter here...
Z chapter 7 . 11/20/2009
Pretty good, though I do feel Xander would been a bit more...revenge-like than anything else.
Ironbear chapter 7 . 2/14/2009
"But as I said, my mood wasn't the best and as I sat there recalling how Buffy had imploded the whole Riley relationship and banged slick talking Parker right out of the gate; I wondered just how a Buffy/Xander relationship would truly be. Obviously this is my interpretation of what would happen, but I think that the evidence is there for the scenario I've written about to be not only plausible, but likely."

Interesting exploration, but it'll be good to see you head back to F/X territory after this. (Or if you need a change of pace, head to my favorite 'ship: C/X territory. *g*)

I know that the B/X 'ship is a favorite of a lot of people, but I've always seen it as an inherently unhealthy 'ship for Xander.
ScareGlow chapter 7 . 2/14/2009
I liked the story overall. I have to say I was a tad disappointed that Xander forgave so easily and even apologized, even though you put that into perspective in this last chapter with what Xander said to Giles. Other than that, I liked our favourite carpenter and his offspring; Joyce is in fact a character I'd like to see in some other story (not necessarily a sequel or even as Buffy's daughter, but I liked her).

Of course, being a fan of all stories F/X, I'm looking forward to your next project, but this one was a nice trip into the world of B/X. :)
Tezza1502 chapter 5 . 2/6/2009
Well heck, this is an interesting little story you have going here. And you seem to have inspired some split feelings amongst your reviewers.

Which is a good thing, I feel. It means that it's not bland.

So, Buffy finds out that she's dying and decides to drop in on her long-abandoned husband, Xander. Hm...

A couple of your other reviewers nailed it on the head. Looking back over the series, it's a very Buffy thing to do. Having said that, it's also the only way that she knows how to relate to the opposite sex. I'm guessing having Xander like that, feeling that safe and secure within a relationship, would have scared the crap out of her after a while. Despite what every rational thought in her head would have been telling her, she would have always been waiting for the other shoe to drop. And when it didn't, she tried to force the issue to get things back to 'normal'.

Hence, where they are now.

But I think that their daughter is being a little TOO calm about the situation. Or it could be that Joyce is just not comfortable about revealing her true feelings with a stranger present. Which buffy is.

In any case, you do consistently good stuff, so I'm hanging around to see what happens. T
Chi Vayne chapter 5 . 2/6/2009
Sorry, Buffy's explanation sounds too much like "I couldn't apologize/return, because I would have to admit to needing help". Did she ever go for counciling? I suspect that there is a strong aspect of "I'm dying, so no one can be too mean to me" in her actions. But I will give her credit for trying to get closure from everyone.
Ghostrider chapter 5 . 2/6/2009
Interesting chapter, though short and not really exposing the emotional pain Buffy says she's going through. It felt more like she was talking from a prepared script.

I do have to give you credit for coming up with an entirely plausible way for Buffy to have done what she did. After all, it's what she did on the show, every single time, again and again.

It's just another addiction she has. I do hope that you won't portray Xander as having a 'Buffy' addiction, though from hints throughout the chapters so far, it seems likely he is suffering from that.

Loving someone is one thing. But love isn't enough sometimes. Good thing he walked and took Joyce with him. Not a good thing for him not to have divorced her and maybe look for a bit of happiness of his own.

Joyce's portrayal was very well done. She's businesslike, non-committal. What else can you be after all these years. This person before you, may be your biological mother, but that's all she is. The person(-s) who raised you are your real parents. And Buffy, isn't. Instead of emulating her mother, who stayed and raised her and Dawn, she emulated her father. For someone who was so devastated by her mom's death, that's the worst thing to do.
Ghostrider chapter 2 . 2/1/2009
While the story so far is quite good and up to your usual standards, the subject matter, as the previous reviewer stated so eloquently, is best suited to some dime-store Harlequin romance novel.

Xander has been through too much in his life, from his parents and other people in his life, to let someone treating him AND his daughter, like this. We all know how he can hold a grudge. Witness Angel. Do you really expect him to stay married to Buffy for leaving her family? I'd like to believe he has more self-respect than that.

And the ending of this chapter? That really destroys this for me. Any self-respecting person, whether man or woman, would not let someone who's hurt their family this way, back into their home. They might give them a chance to explain, but never into their home to stay. Especially not with a child there.

I do hope you have a very good explanation for this story. Especially the reason why Buffy left Xander for another man, or men. I also hope it's better then the standard 'I was undercover to find out who's kidnapping/selling slayers or trying to infiltrate the Immortal's criminal enterprises. Apart from being a pretty well-used plot device for her behavior as portrayed in the last season of Angel, it also shows that she's even more of a heartless, lowlife Bt( then season 7 Buffy.

If you DO use that excuse, then it would seem at least Giles knows about it, as he would have to have been on it and that would also put him into another, not favorable, light. And though he may be able to 'do what must be done for the good of all', I doubt he'd go as far as helping her with this.

I'll give this story another chapter or two to see where you go with it. I do hope your explanation will be enough to make me stick around for it, though, as i really enjoyed your other forays into BTVS, specifically 'Beginning of the End'. Reading the first two chapters though, reminded me why I hopped off the B/X bandwagon and turned exclusively F/X.
Get-Lost chapter 1 . 1/29/2009
Pfft! She cheats on him (when she evidently had a daughter) then is gone forever and now that she's dieing wants to come around? Fuck her and the horse she rode in on. The time for her to try and track them down and make things right again are long past.

Coming around now and then dieing will only screw her daughter up even further. Freaking drama queen only wants peopleto feel bad about her dieing.
Sibb chapter 1 . 1/25/2009
Well, this is difference and extremely intriguing! I'm interested in hearing more.