Reviews for Gideon's journey
mummacass chapter 22 . 1/21/2012
Just like a LeCarre novel. Loved it.
Sue1313 chapter 22 . 4/4/2009
This was such a good chapter. So worth the wait. I loved seeing what actually happened and the version they put out. I am so glad that she now knows what happened so that she can move past the guilt. It was sad that Adrian was not the friend she had thought his to be. I can't wait for her to wake up to Gideon. Poor Reid, cleaning house and trying to get a handle on his feelings and figuring out what is up with Mark. I just hope he can forgive Gideon.
Parzival chapter 22 . 4/4/2009
That was an interesting and challenging chapter, lots of stuff to think about - different points of view, but each with its own truth and validity. Also kudos to your writing technique - by using that lucid dream concept you managed to tell both the original and the altered version of the story, and it led Skrallan to realize something important she had missed in all those years. Maybe that will help Skrallan live with the outfall from what happened back then.

Actually I was reminded of an old Star Trek episode that was about the assessment of future commanding officers: The test provided a difficult situation and there was no right or wrong solution, it was all about the candidate proving that he/she was willing and able to send a member of their own crew on a task that meant certain death for the greater good. Lots of philosophical impact on this one.

In your story I think now it should be possible for Skrallan to wake up, and I’m curious to see how she and Gideon will change once she’s back amongst the living. Will Gideon now be able to make peace again with his friends and former team members, or are more ‘discussions’ in the paddock necessary?

PS: Take your time, I’m not going anywhere.
Parzival chapter 21 . 4/4/2009
OMG, this chapter was hilarious! I was laughing so hard at every single aspect. Citing the funniest parts would be citing the whole chapter. Though it was kind of a break from the previous chapter and I had expected a continuation of Skrallan’s story - which I’m sure will come sooner or later - this was some much needed comic relief from all the darkness throughout the last chapters. I also enjoyed the ever present innuendo in the second half of the chapter, there’s something to both Hotch riding Tigerbell and Rossi on top of Angioletta, and both ending up on the dirty, hard ground (of reality). The only thing that keeps me a bit irritated is that I can’t place Dawn, I need more hints as to whom she is supposed to mirror. Or is she meant to represent an alter ego of Angioletta? I need to think about this, but I’m not going to volunteer to clean the house just because of this. ;-)
Parzival chapter 20 . 4/4/2009
Wow, that was - different. Kind of surreal, but fun nevertheless. Took me a moment to understand what was happening, but once I got it, I followed with fascination and interest into Skrallan’s dream/subconsciousness. Meeting Gideon there as a bird was very ‘in character’ for him, I really liked that idea. I’d be curious as to what is happening in the ‘real’ world while Skrallan is living through her lucid dream, and of course I’m looking forward to see the dream and its storyline unfold.
Lenni George chapter 22 . 4/4/2009
Aw, thank you for the "thank you"! I love this chapter. The end took me by surprised and my first comment was "wow". It was the only thing I could say! Great chapter, my friend! More, please?
Lenni George chapter 21 . 3/25/2009
This was great! Loved Hotch in the mud puddle! And I notice you've added a bit of JJ/Rossi...hm... LOL

Keep going, my friend! This is an amazing story!
Sue1313 chapter 21 . 3/24/2009
Loved this chapter. Hayley is getting to see another side of Hotch. He should have thought and profiled that horse and realize why the name change. I am sure Mark is having a good time watching these men. It was sweet that Garcia and JJ were ready to clean he house but Haley would have none of it. I loved how emotional Reid got over the horse. I wish he could take it home with him. He could board it in the city. I think he is on to Mark. Now I wonder what he will do about it. Gideon is going to be so surprise when he finds all the woman except Emily at his house. I loved that the three guys got covered in mud. I do think JJ has the hots for Rossi. You are writing the characters so well. I look forward to more.
Sue1313 chapter 20 . 3/22/2009
I love this chapter. We are finally seeing what happened to Skrallan that day. I love the little bird. I hope Gideon gets there soon to help her see what really happened that day. I can't wait for more. This is so good.
Lenni George chapter 20 . 3/22/2009
Oh, I like this. Where are you going with this dream sequence?
Parzival chapter 19 . 3/15/2009
Double AWH for this chapter! The first awh for Mark sharing the stable with Primus and the second awh for both Rossi and Hotch comforting Reid with an extra blanket.

The beginning of this chapter was really Hotch spot-on, and I can also see Gideon causing a mess in the house. Good thing Reid took on cleaning up - not only for his own diversion, but also for saving Skrallan a heart-attack once she gets come again.

Mark felt like another victim of Gideon’s twice - first when he didn’t dare to come inside in the evening, though Gideon can’t exactly be blamed for that one, and second the other morning when Gideon didn’t notice the boy’s trouble. Hopefully some of the team members will stay at the farm and offer Mark a breakfast and a shower while Gideon goes to see Skrallan. Mark really reminded me of young Hotch, and I think he made the right choice.

Now I’m curious to learn more details about Skrallan’s story, about what happened eight years ago and who HE was, who betrayed her. I don’t know why but somehow I think it might be Mark’s father. I believe it’s a good idea to read Skrallan the file while she’s still in her coma, maybe it might help her to wake up again. The part with the customs at the hospital and the three-headed nurse was pretty funny, but the good thing about it was that it gave them all a much needed good night’s sleep. Now the new day can begin.
Sue1313 chapter 19 . 3/15/2009
Love this chapter. I know something is up with Mark and I can't wait to find out. It was just perfect to have Reid do a some cleaning because it enabled him to remain close and hear everything without have to sit and look or be close to Gideon. I loved how both Rossi and Hotch went down to look in on Reid. I can't wait to find out more about what happened to Skrallan eight years ago.
Lenni George chapter 19 . 3/15/2009
The mystery deepens...this is great! You are weaving a very good story, my friend! I cannot wait to read more!
Parzival chapter 18 . 3/15/2009
First of all: Thank you. You’re greater. ;-)

This chapter was explosive! Though they attacked each other in the meanest ways, I really loved it how the fight between Gideon and Rossi got physical and how Morgan and Reid cooled Gideon off. I really hope Gideon will apologize to Reid because at the moment it looks like Gideon only used him to get his information while all the while despising Reid. But then Gideon also seemed jealous that Rossi had taken his place in Reid’s life after Gideon left.

The information about Skrallan is really big news. What a surprise that the local cop turned out to be a former secret service agent. No wonder that the team looking up information about her caused a lot of stir. Emily has a pretty tough job right now, I really hope they will all get through the affair professionally unscathed. But somehow it feels like Skrallan and Gideon seem to fit together even better right now.

Angioletta is a lovely horse, I take it that she is JJ’s equivalent though I never pictured JJ as nosy. I really hope that neither Rossi’s statement about Angiolette nor Emily’s reaction to Hotch calling her by her first name are any hints of future inter-team-pairings in your story, cause I’m neither a JJ-Rossi nor a Hotch-Emily shipper and I don’t think it would fit into your story somehow.

And I’m still wondering about Mark... Bring on the new chapter!
Parzival chapter 17 . 3/15/2009
Haley Hotchner was HILARIOUS, especially when she was profiling the team! At first I thought: Is this still the same story? Why does the author get off on another tangent? But when Haley went to Garcia’s, things started to come together again. Yes, this chapter was a digression, but it was totally worth it. I just wonder when Gideon saved Hotch’s life and Haley became so fond of him? Anyway, let’s get back to Europe, and I hope to finally find out why Mark’s been moving so gingerly.
58 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »